The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: messed up????  (Read 1230 times)

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
messed up????
« on: March 03, 2011, 03:41:11 AM »
ok, i told my dad i wanted to go to a fury con, so he got me tickets. to day when he picked me up from school he asked me whats a furry ? is it a caulit , is it messed up or some gay , lesbian, trans fag thing?  so i answered those questions for him this is what i said.

i told him a furry is any one who likes antrho, for some its more then that , iam one of those people and said i was a thrian ( an animal spirit in a human body) had to explain that one. i also told him that episode of csi with those so called "furry" was bs ( told him what the episode was about ). at this point i had to tell him those are not furrys , those are perverts and every one agrees on it that those are not furrys. ( also had to explain what a fur suit was). i told him iam going to buy ears and a tail ( had to explain that as well). and as for the clut i said its not a clut he asked me if i knew what one was and i told him what one was. when he asked if it was some sort of gay , lesbian, fag thing, i said no its not. most of us are str8 about 70% are 30% are not ( but iam part of the ones who are not even though i like girls more...and its also on my fb ) (had to explain how people where open minded and all that stuff) (and i know there are a lot of females in the fandom but i think there are more males so if thats true just emanation how its going to look for me from his eyes. i dont care about what theirs more of .... ). i also had to explain the stereotypes and how they weren't true ( i think every one here know what those are....)  he then said as long as i don't become "weird" its fine.... i don't know what he thinks of us but i don't think its to good.

oh  and on top of all this i think my mom thinks i have a boy friend well at least that what i heard her say something like that to some one on the phone. how i know this is she said something about you can kind of tell , i think he has a boy friend...  ( how i know this is we where at my cousins house and it was only me , mom ,dad ,sister and his family ) if thats true could that might be whats cased all those weird questions...

if you have any thing to add to help me when explain it can you please share . or if you have any tips on what to do can you please post or if you have any comments on how i handled this post or if you have any other comments are fine.
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
Re: messed up????
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 04:10:27 AM »
Explain that those people who tatoo themselves and get major bodily enhancements/changes are doing it as entertainers, mostly.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 04:33:52 AM »
The ones on that CSI episode ARE furries (not any kind that I care for though)...they're just the kind that gives us the bad stereotype and makes people think all furries are like that. The furries like the ones on CSI are actually a minority among us, I believe.
You don't need to tell your dad that, of course, because that might make him change his mind about the whole thing. It's just a tidbit of information for you.

All I have to say other than that information is good job answering all the questions and everything. A lot of people would have difficulty with that and been too uncomfortable to talk about it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 04:43:47 AM »
like me. I just explained to my mom. She had no idea what a furry was, so.... it was uncomfortable, and i said a bunch of random crapo in jibberish, soooo.... yeah... Anyway: Moral is: DO NOT EXPLAIN LIEK ME, but rather, like icy up there.

Offline Vinny Raccoon

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: raccoon
  • Coloring: grey with black mask & striped tail
  • Height: 3'5"
  • Build: cute
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:10:37 AM »
my phalossaphy stay calm, when you dont, he smells fear, tell him strate throow and b honest with hi like you did and if yo dad smart he should oversee these stareo tipe and if he has question, educate him that where not evil
Eatch mistake you make act's like a teacher in the end!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 05:12:33 AM »
 educate him that where not evil

speak for yourself. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

But I do agree with Vinny. His answer is better than mine.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »
thanks Vee, but from the questions he asked me tit sounded like  he looked up what a furry is and read the stereotype of us and thought we were all like those  "furrrys " ( why i  have the  " "  is because iam shunning them   and i think its like 1  % of us who do yiff in a fur pile  )  

@ daemon  

yeah i also told my mom about us. she was like "WHAT......." at first till i had to educate her as well.  

@ vinny

yeah , hes smart. but both of them are uncomfortable when they ask me about us, ( kind of like its some sort of sexual thing) my mom on the other hand tends to believe my uncial and my aunt who are both idiots by the way. so if they say any thing about it and then she says any thing to me; ill just have to tell her that their not a furry, so they wont know anything about us rather then the stereotypes )

oh and another thing i forgot to add iam going to get ears and tail there and iam going to where my dog collar but not when iam at home when i get there. how can i expiane why people there are wherein collars ( they dont know i have one and might not like it if i wore one )

« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:53:34 PM by icy wolf »
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 08:28:47 PM »
if you wanted to try showing them what most of us are like you should see if you can get them to talk to one of us for a while so they know its not just your word that their being given. i'm not sure if that makes any scence but it might be worth a shot.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 09:14:17 PM »
sure i can try that if they want to talk to one of us....  i have a few people here that i talk to a lot, sounds like a good idea . if they google image to see the antro are i know they wont like it so if they ask abut the type of art ill have to tell them to go to fa or show them them some of the art iam going to buy at the con. as well as a few other thing maybe ( plushie , t -shirt , trinket ect...)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:17:04 PM by icy wolf »
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline Alphawolf

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf.
  • Coloring: White, Grey and Black.
  • Build: Just a normal build. Nothing to buff or skinny.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 09:47:12 PM »
All I can say right now man is to keep your pride up. Dont care about what other people say. Even if they made fun of you alot and did all the time, still keep going strong. People do the same thing to me. If you have ANY other hardships, come and talk to me. I will always be beside you. =) Remember, I'm a Thrian too. I can help through anything.
I was never once was a human. My destiny was with the wolves, to always be one of them and not to be a human. I shall take that path and use it with my strength to get through life, as a wolf.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:15 AM »
thanks alpha :) * hugs*

my parents haven't asked me any more question about being a furry but they might if the see people whereing collars and thats anothere thing i need advice on because iam going to have mine on when iam there
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 03:10:59 AM »
I think its just your parents being paranoid. Most parents are that way, cuz they certainly don't know everything, and seeing their children go out into a new world that has left them well dated, only makes them more delusional then ever. But at least you got the tickets. If I told my mom or dad that stuff they would freak out, I practically made a deal sorta like don't ask don't tell with my parents, so long as I kept to myself everybody would be left happy. >.>
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 03:24:54 AM »
yeah, but still the way he ask me kind of sounded like he was depressed, kind of like iam leaving them and i wont come back. the question that kind of shocked me the most were " is it some sort of gay , lesbian , fag thing" and is it a callut ".

i can see this as been good and bad

good beacuse he knew nothing about us even though we have been calling our selfs furrys for 7 decades.... but furrys have been around much longer then that. so i got to edcuacted him on us

bad becuse he might see some stuff that i dont want him to see ( stuff on the inter net like yiff and stuff like that )

back on topic

when he asked the questions i gave him quick answers to all of the quetion so iam not sure if that was good or bad
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code

Offline Vinny Raccoon

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: raccoon
  • Coloring: grey with black mask & striped tail
  • Height: 3'5"
  • Build: cute
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 03:34:30 AM »
wee should be honest and more open about it an ask them wat kind of life style they had when they grow up and compare theres with our own!

in no paticuler order^_^
Eatch mistake you make act's like a teacher in the end!

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
he told me about what he did when he grew up .... if there where furrys then he didnt know about them.

i am a furry and thrian for ever
shadow hide you   

[/size]

^ furry code