The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Calling all Dragon folk! Anybody out there?  (Read 8040 times)

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
Calling all Dragon folk! Anybody out there?
« on: February 27, 2011, 06:11:03 PM »
  :S I guess this is an appropriate place to gather. I'm seeking out others of the kin because it was something I didn't get the pleasure of really doing yet, and I'm curious as to the nature of others like me who feel the call of their inner dragon. Other folk are also welcome to join, but I hope my call is heard and heeded. I'm starting to feel like lonesome George on Pinta Island in the Galapagos, except younger with about 70 years short. Tis starting to get very depressing.
 ^_^ Mow!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 07:10:17 PM by Drago Strega »
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline CyberVenom

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black and Green
Re: Calling all Dragon folk! Anybody out there?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:34:35 PM »
Hello ^^  Im a dragon therian/otherkin as well ^^

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:05:38 AM »
Welcome and Hello! X3 Yay! Finally one came...  :? I'm curious as to see if there are other dragons out there like me and how they came about. So what's your story friend? When did you feel the calling of your inner dragon?

My dragon self started emerging when I finished elementary school, but even before that I only loved playing with and drawing them along with my other dinosaur and animal toy/doll collections. I'd have many dreams flying, and perching myself high on a cliff face or mountain over looking the sea and land, with the changing color sky, then venture to my den to sleep in my chamber full of gold, shiny things, art and books. It felt like I could go anywhere with no fear, and strenght filled me with power and heat that lifted me, like the large wings that pushed me into the sky. Then before I knew it, reality rushed me away, and now I stand graduated college, played the human game through my whole youth, got a job and a boyfriend only to feel just as incomplete and lonely as a puzzle piece lost under the bed. And so I came here to look for others like me so to discover and achieve another dream of mine, which is to make friends and make a flight. I've also told nobody close to me about what I am or what I plan to do...not like normal people would understand what I feel anyway. It's just a very frustrating situation, like being thirsty but stuck in the middle of an ocean.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:01:39 AM by Drago Strega »
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline The_GMan

• Avid Aardvark
  • You haz, one new message. *bip*
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
Sorry, I don't mean to go off-topic, but the title in this thread sounds like a song from Genesis:
"Calling all stations... is anybody out there?" :P
Hoo Wee! Makin' bacon!
I'm a gay(or bi) furry that lives on a pineapple under the sea! X3
Meh contacts :3

MSN*No e-mails here please*
E-Mail*Put e-mails here*
FaceBook
YouTube

I'm The GMan! I haz teleporting powers and I can freeze you in time and place in stasis for 20 years :D

Offline Aklaya

• Avid Aardvark
  • Drawn by DALizzard Colored by me
    • Awards
  • Species: dragon
  • Coloring: purple w/ black belly horns spikes ect.
  • Height: about 5'5'' 5'1'' not including horns
  • Build: lean thin slightly muscular
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 10:40:33 PM »
Hello my fellow scalie friend I have answered your call happily ^.=.^ I understand your lonliness though I am lucky enough to have a cagon cousin I still know how it feels.
*Aklaya*

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »
 X3 Yay! Another friend... it's so hard to make friends, but at least the method works even though it's slow. A Cagon cousin that's cool at least you have somebody to chill with who has a semi-common dragon way of thinking. So when did you notice your inner dragon?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 06:29:29 AM by Drago Strega »

Offline Aklaya

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »
I've always liked dragons and when I was really little I always wanted to be the pet in house games I didn't really start putting two and two together till middle school I didn't know what a furrie was so I thought I was a were usually a cat or a wolf then in about eight grade My mom finally let me start collecting dragons (I'm the only girl of three kids and she wanted be to be as girly as possible that failed miserably) As my collection grew I wanted to be more and more like them and realized I actually kinda was. Then in tenth grade I met my best friend and wolfy companion he introduced me to the world of furrys I was hooked instintly and finally didn't feel so alone :3. That was last year I'm planning on attending my first convention this fall  XD
*Aklaya*

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »
I was first born so my mom attempted to make me as girly as possible until my sister was born where she finally gave up on trying, so I know the feeling. I never met any furries really who would introduce me to the furry world, plus I was very quiet and didn't talk much about myself to others cuz I didn't trust people that much. But now I'm 23, socializing is an important skill one must develope if yah wanna survive on your own, plus I really wanted to find some new friends who were more like me, then what I was stuck with finding on my own at school and work. So I'm a very recently declared furry, cuz I tried to be as absolutely sure that this was the type of world I wanted to enter, despite the bad stories I've heard about which made me caustious as a kid to join anything furry related, even though I was one to a large extent. Had toy animals, drew animals all the time, and even drew furries quite often without realizing it, and loved animals more then people in a sense. But you are what you are, and I'm more adventurerous now then when I was a kid, and I feel better since I've joined though. Seeing others I can relate to makes me feel less lonely in my all eccentric weirdness.  X3
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 02:00:06 PM by Drago Strega »

Offline Aklaya

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
I'm only sixteen and I'm one of the lucky ones theres two other furries within my social group (not including my bestie) when I met them I was surprised at how open they where they even walked around with their tails on at school it made me feel like maybe I shouldn't be so afraid of who I am. As far as hearing bad stories I just shrugged them off as unimportant why let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. I draw furries alot but i'm only just now starting to get good at it.
*Aklaya*

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 12:22:52 AM »
Never saw Alaska, but I love watching movies about nature. How is it?
It's so totally cool you got a dragon fursona awakening and I would love to see Eowins picture when you're done with it. :) I love collecting dragons books, especially the D&D Dragon books... the pictures are so pretty. They make my dragon heart go squee inside, even with the little hatchlings which are so cute. The power of the dragon spreads through the spirit world and possesses those who hold it with power and might. I hope the spirit of Eowin in you gives you lots of happiness.
I wish I had friends at school who were cool like that, if I had that I'd would have joined furry kind years ago. T_T But people can really ruin the fun in things sometimes. Plus I had to keep a squeeky clean appearance in school or risk evoking the wrath of the mommy monster to which is merciless and there is no end to it. But I still love my mom even though the noise she can create from her refusal is similar to the noise of a wailing banshee screeching. So for her sake and my own I keep myself hidden beneath the water like a well manned A class stealth submarine, when it comes to self expression at least around her. Plus she works at the college I go to and sees my grades before I do... >.> And people wonder why I'm paranoid.
But I hope to see those drawings you create Aklaya. It took me a while to get use to figure drawing cuz my teachers were so picky and I didn't like drawing people. Damn models never stop moving, twas very frustrating, even when the guy models would readjust the lower bits cuz they were itchy...  :S Other than that learning art was a blast.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:41:41 AM by Drago Strega »

TheLazyFur

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 12:31:22 AM »
Nope, im a Wolf Furry/Therian but I do have a dragon character named Zhan  :P

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:36:41 AM »
That's cool, the spirit of the dragon lies in many shapes and forms, sorta like changelings except less fairy frilliness and more raw animal grrness. ^_^ Dragons are just so magically awesome, it's hard to say no. Though I do act like a pixie sometimes but that's all cuz I love shiny things.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:44:12 AM by Drago Strega »

Offline Aklaya

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 12:50:15 AM »
I will have them up oneday i drew a pic of my characters mate today that i'm especially proud of so it'll probably be up soon
*Aklaya*

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 03:06:36 AM »
Aww... she's such a fuzzy red and black dragon. I like looking at other peoples art, gets the juices going so to make more pritty pictures and stuff. Plus it's cool to see round about what people are thinking about.

TheLazyFur

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 03:08:13 AM »
I absolutely LOVE dragons, probably my favorite of all mythological creatures.