The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Battle for Iodius. OOC (always open)  (Read 3085 times)

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
Battle for Iodius. OOC (always open)
« on: February 01, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
A dark mesa overlooks the valley below it, a scared, battle-weary, no-man's land. The only plant life there is isolated oak trees, and small shrubbery. The yellow grass is littered with scorch marks, broken weapons, armor, and whatever manner of gore war brings with it. Vultures are seen within the fog, when suddenly a strong breeze flows by, the fog rises up and away from the Mesa, and there, Serene, untouched, and dreamlike, is the temple of Iodius. The structure was once a temple dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge, populated by those who moved passed conflict and searched for ways to improve the condition of Humanity. However, when the great wars fell upon the lands, the wise ones within were driven out. The temple was converted into a stronghold, and is now where the war resides. The temple is the only thing that seems unstained by the darkness of battle, its walls are a pristine marble, its surroundings are lush, green grass and tall trees surround the temple, a testament to what the temple once stood for. Iodius emits a peculiar glow, which some books in the temple suggest to be a certain “boost” to those who reside in Iodius. (basically means that if you are in Iodius, your stronger than usual) The only things out of place are the ugly piles of weapons and defenses set up around it, standing out as if from other worlds. Iodius is about to be the epicenters of a great battle.

Well here we go then ^^ this is my second rp so bear with me.
My idea for this was for it to be an rp fighting thread, because I like rp fights and I can’t seem to get enough of it. I wanted it to kind of be like the My Hill! Thread, but in serious RP form and with a stronghold in place of the hill, not to mention it’ll take longer to capture the stronghold. I also want this go on for as long as people keep posting, new people may join at any time and the RP may continue, just keep the teams equal. Kind of like a never ending war.
There will be two sides:

The Divine Hand
A highly stable (due to its strict laws), supposedly noble group who’s motivation is religion, they want to control everything in the name of the light, little do they know that they have twisted the light’s meaning and have become a corrupt empire. They used to be devoted followers of the light but became corrupted as they corrupted its ways. They on the west side of Iodius as they came from the sea; their current location is a beach, which quickly gives way to the valley in which Iodius resides.
Faction ability: Moderate Healing
and
The Iron Horde
A militaristic race ruled by politics, they rose up in a quest for power; they want everything under their control and will crush any who oppose them. They have always been hell-bent on war. Their current position is at the base of the mesa, directly across from The Divine Hand.
Faction Ability: Rage Mode, Every once in a while they can harness their anger to become immensely powerful, however it is only in short bursts and takes a while before they can do it again.(every three of their posts, and only lasts for one post.)

RULES

Ok, both sides will have a leader (Leaders will really have no power over other players because it’s supposed to kind of be like My Hill, there more like figure heads, however they can order a npc to bring out a siege weapon which the leader, or other players may use. If a leader dies, the first person to claim his rank gets it.
No. Over. Powered. Posts. So nothing like: “shoots a Immense fireball that hits player #1 player #2 and player #3 and sends them rocketing across the battlefield and slamming into the wall.”  I wanna see some good, clean fights here. Also no instant kills, the only time you may kill a player is when you know you’ve got them beat. EX. “Holding the knife to his wounded and battered victim he quickly ends his existence.” <- that is of course after much battling. And don’t be afraid to let your player die, you can make another.
Both factions accept any type of person, the whole point of them is for a story and to give faction ability. So feel free to bring your Fursona and their powers into this.
Keep the teams even, so if someone wants to join and there’s no room, they need to find someone else to join the other team.
Don’t do any short posts, it takes the fun out of the RP and will end up killing it, try to be descriptive, use vocabulary, not to mention grammar and spelling.
Don’t bring problems into the OOC, take it to PM and sort it out there.
That’s about it. Now how to apply.

Name:
Faction:
Race:
Bio: (can be short, I don’t really care, but their always interesting to read!)
Weapons/abilities:
Personality:
Appearance:

So heres mine

Name: Ukko Fachtna
Faction: The Divine Hand
Race: Red Fox
Bio: Ukko was a novice mage in the Divine Hand learning from his master, he was a member of a group that had decided to use arcane magic instead of the light, however they stay loyal to the Empire. He was sent on a mission one day to explore the rim of a mysterious crater, it was said to be teaming with Arcane magic. As Ukko set up camp along the rim the Wild magic slowly seeped into his body, unbeknown to this he got closer to it and began to study it. He suddenly suffered a head splitting migraine He fell to the floor and blacked out, as he awoke his camp had been destroyed, he lay in a circle of ash, his arms Adorned with strange silver runes, as if they were inscribed into his soul. He felt different though, in his mind, as if a door had opened. Ukko now is a high member in the arcane society, his new found clarity rocketing his learning.
Weapons/abilities: His staff, laced with magic to make it indestructible, his only other weapon is his magic, Arcane Magic, it allows him to use much other forms of magic, but also the more in depth side of it.
Personality: Pursues Knowledge and always wants to know more. He can work well in a team, as long as others work well with him too…Usually friendly as he goes by his philosophy “Why have Enemies when you could Have friends” He also strives to be a bit different as he states “Normal is boring.”
Appearance: A tuft of hair on his chin, green eyes, the typical red fox coloring, Instead of the normal mage robe he wears leather armor, not only for protection, but also for maneuverability

Also, I'll be the leader of the divine hand.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:24:25 PM by Ukko Anikeria »

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: Battle for Iodius. OOC (always open)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:45:57 PM »
this could get interesting, count me in.

Name: durako attcher
Faction: The Iron Horde
Race: lace monitor
Bio: growing up with no responsibility's max grew to dislike the very thought. He joined a small gang at the age of 12 but much to his dismay he soon found himself as the second in command. He grew to love throwing his weight around, giving orders and going on the first power trip of his life but quickly sobered up when one of the group's pranks ended with the death of his best friend. he went to the police about the accident causing the entire  gang to be sent to juvy, except him, he was given a choice. Serve for the military group known as the iron horde or go to juvy with the other thirty teens that by now would want to kill him......he still thinks he made the wrong choice.
Weapons/abilities: an old custom Winchester, a modified L96 sniper rifle, a custom made grasscutter sword, his small claws and his strong 2 meter tail.
Personality: quiet, works well in a team but prefers to work alone, hates responsibility
Appearance: black scales, dark yellow eyes, sand coloured trench coat over his red uniform, wears a uniform beret.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:36:19 PM »
Also, there will be no posting order, just, try not to get too far ahead with other people.

And Durako? you wanna be Iron horde's leader?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 08:38:44 PM by Ukko Anikeria »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 08:45:34 PM »
yea, that would be a twist. hating responsibiity whiles being the leader on the iron horde. ok sounds fun.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »
only if you want, and you could use to be be more fierce or something.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03:03 PM »
I'll use it when i must. for my first post i decided to use it for an attempt at comedy.

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:05:19 PM »
and one more thing (sorry, im just thinking of all the things I shouldv'e said in the first post) As the leaders, we can only put descriptions of our armies fighting, however we can't make the troops attack any specific player, only the other NPC troops.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »
i shall keep that in mind.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 06:51:05 AM »
Name: "Haze" Luna

Faction: The Iron Horde

Race: African Wild Dog

Bio:  At a early age Luna had the uncanny ability of creating little puff balls of smoke in the air, like most kids with "Special Talents"  they were drafted into the military by the government and closely watched and trained. during her training she learned to master her skills and create thick mist around areas that would conceal her moments and blind there opponents, this was exactly what the Iron Horde was looking for in a stealthy assassin, she was code name Haze.  As time passed she had become a very efficient assassin but she always looked to better herself, better her skills. Swords,Knives,Guns, Traps, Long Bows, all of these would not  guarantee death, but then it came to her, poisons! sweet loving deadly poisons, a whole new world had open up before her eyes!

Weapons/abilities: Filed Mist, Two (Gun Metal Black Color) Daggers dripping in a Poison, Paralyzing throwing needles, Truth telling serum, Multiple syringes filled with different poisons.

Personality: Over the years of dealing with many poisons, testing them on herself to build up an immune system, she has become very addictive to it. injecting herself to forget the faces of the people she has killed and murdered, dazed out of her mind most of the time, so she rarely speaks unless spoken to and not really much of the  friendly type. she normally has bloodshot red eyes from late night injecting herself.

Appearance: http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/luckywilddog/siennafakeboobs.jpg  a black half face gas mask covering her mouth with a black beret on her head
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:11:44 AM by Lucky »

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
ooh an assassin :3 Let it begin!

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
an assassin filled with drugs nuwhahahahahahha

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:24 PM »
cool, i have an allie to go with the army that doesn't listen to me.

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 12:07:31 AM »
^.^ I love being out numbered.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 02:05:55 AM »
am coming for you :p

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 06:11:17 AM »
i can't believe it but i just noticed and fixed a potentially dangerous mistake in my last post. i forgot to put the word 'not' in the sentence 'kill everything not wearing our emblem.