The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Think Happy Thoughts  (Read 289 times)

Offline Riyeko

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Risky Roleplay
    • Awards
  • Species: Panwere (ask before you think)
  • Coloring: White, Black, Orange, Electric Blue, Silver, Gray.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 135lbs
  • Build: Tall and athletic.
Think Happy Thoughts
« on: January 13, 2011, 10:03:41 PM »
So this is going to be long, and I might forget to put a TL;DR at the bottom, but just bear with me please.

About two weeks ago my two brothers, K and C went to court to take care of some business from last year. K had gotten a minor in possession of alcohol and C had to do some stuff concerning crap I am not privy to.. theres several reasons he might have been there *shrug* Im just not sure.
Anyway, while they were sitting there K noticed that C was acting strange. He was looking around and laughing really loud, just stuff that my brother normally doesnt do.
Background on C .. he does have something called a Thought Disorder, and when my counselor tried to explain it, it was difficult and basically its a name for something so unique when it comes to mental illness, they just dont have a name for it.
On to the rest of the story.
Well K was watching C closely when he started to have a seizure, right there in court.
Mind you my brother C has never had seizures in his life and is NOT an epileptic, so of course, K got control of the situation and asked for a doctor, which the nurses there came and stabalized him until he was taken to the ER.
After finding out he wasnt epileptic, they did some scans and couldnt find anything. They transported him down south to a better hospital and found out he might have had a brain tumor, or an infection from his teeth (he has really bad teeth and they thought the infection spread to his brain).
Well they did brain surgery on him aproximately 5 days ago and through all the lab tests n whatnot, found out that it was a brain tumor. So now theyre giving my Mother two options:
Let the tumor grow and have multiple surgeries for the rest of his life on the same area to keep it from getting out of control, and put him on seizure medication.
Or.
Take that entire part of his brain out and have him loose total speech processing abilities. Which means in short, that if you ask him to say yes or no to a question like, "would you like some more milk?" he wouldnt understand and would just lay there.
My brother C, is 23 years old, going on 24 of June this year.
He is younger than myself and my family is stuck in a very bad place at the moment.

Im writing this all down to ask you please, I dont care if you are religious, you believe in the flying spaghetti monster, or dont believe in anything at all.. please think happy thoughts, pray, hope, whatever... that my brother either gets well, the things they have planned for him work, or that he at least gets the better of the two bad things that they have in store for him.

Im asking because we have a lot of people around us thinking good thoughts, but... I feel that the more people who think good thoughts or pray about my brother, they better chance that he will have.

TLDR: Brother has a brain tumor, please think good thoughts about him regardless of religious standpoint.

PS.. Any trolls or other crap that happens to come into this thread, this is a serious issue and I will say one thing, what comes around goes around, so do not be bad in my thread please.

Riy
New things im playing with:

Clicky on these please? Kkthxbai

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: Think Happy Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:23:03 PM »
That sucks Riy, and I wont say i can relate, but man... I feel for you.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: Think Happy Thoughts
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 04:07:15 AM »
Im sorry to hear that Riy. I shall think happy thoughts for your brother.