The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105160 times)

Offline Fuzzpaws

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • Learning the wisdom of the wolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral Wolf
  • Coloring: White with black and grey frosting, generally a Native American feather dangle from one ear.
  • Height: big... a little over 40" at shoulders when 4 footing, over 6' standing
  • Weight: 190 +
  • Build: like a very healthy, active wolf should look!
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: learning... so much to learn!
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2460 on: January 06, 2018, 05:14:43 PM »
An ipod classic 5th generation is super easy to fix!

So that means I can fix mine at home! I'm so excited, because the LCD crapped out on me a while back and its just been sitting in my drawer because I was too scared to try.

I get my awesome device back! Yay!

Juliet,
 Can you share or pm me the link for how to fix the Gen 5 Ipod? My screen backlighting is gone (display is still there, but really hard to see).

Aaawwooo!! (thank you)

Naake ni
Fuzzpaws the Wolf (temporarily)

(2 spirits, one body, one mind shared by both
Apache's call it Naake ni)

(Avatar artist unknown, will remove if needed)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2461 on: January 06, 2018, 08:27:47 PM »
I have a first gen iPod Nano with a messed up battery. The device technically works, but the battery goes from 100% to 0 in a few minutes of no use. I haven't bothered fixing it because I have more than 2GB of songs I'd like on it.

Anyway, I've been talking a lot with an ex for a few months after a few years of having broke up and barely speaking. He thanked me for being a good friend, and that felt really comforting to hear. Before we broke up, we were both stressed out by things at the same time, and we (mainly me, to be completely honest) kinda blew up on each other. I'm so thankful that he is still happy to chat and voice call and play games and such with me, and got to witness how I am now. Now that I'm in a far more great and stable emotional state and not a depressed and selfish ball of self-loathing. And of course, he is feeling a lot better too, so things are looking up.

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #2462 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »
Speaking about ex's, mine hasn't been heard or seen anywhere, in the past months...

My friend recently checked her profile on steam again, and noticed that the last time she's played TF2 was in August. (5 months ago)

Given that this is the ex that has tried to blackmail me, and stalk me for an extended period of time, among other things, in TF2, where she tried to harass us over the chat, this makes us very happy!

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #2463 on: January 08, 2018, 04:41:51 PM »
We got a new counter! I have more kitchen space

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2464 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09:32 PM »
My parakeet used to always play with my long hair... now that I got it cut as short as I could (crew) she desperately pecks at it hoping to get a strand long enough to play with!

Also, when she does that she likes to coo at me; apparently it means she's really happy so I CAN do some things right!

Offline Misfit-Mongrel

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • graymuzzle and part porcupine
    • Fur Affinity
    • Blessings
    • Awards
  • Species: dog
« Reply #2465 on: January 17, 2018, 09:37:37 PM »
I'm super pumped: I managed to get my old PowerMac G3 to boot. I couldn't get File Sharing to work but I was able to set it up as an FTP server. I've been able to harvest files from old SCSI devices-- something I've talked about doing for years. (My mate is a digital photo artist; we're really glad to have access to her pictures from this era again.)

Avatar by Lunakia (http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/lunakia/)

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.
— Francis Bacon

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2466 on: January 18, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
Working on my ref sheet and feels like it's actually going good for once and I'm feeling pretty good except for my lungs
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:34:03 PM by Rocco Rex »

Offline Emtile

• U.S ARMY
  • Donator
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Iguana/lizard
  • Coloring: Yellow scales with orange eyes
  • Height: 5 ft 8in
  • Weight: 138lbs
  • Build: Lean
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Was doing stuff
« Reply #2467 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:57 AM »
My dad finally remembered to give me back the money he borrowed from me. It's took so long because I hadn't said anything about it so it's technically my fault it took so long.

But still I got my money back so yay!
  • Avatar by: KeahiNimbusLeHyena (Love you)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2468 on: January 22, 2018, 02:50:45 AM »
After many, many months, I have finally finished lineart of Rocco! He can now come to life and, for the first time, let the world see him  :D (even if I'm garbage at lineart, hey, gets the point across)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #2469 on: January 25, 2018, 01:15:55 PM »
Saw a concert tonight that my daughter was performing in.  When they sang 'When I Grow Up' from Matilda it was so good and I was just so proud I thought I'd explode.

Offline juliet

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Look into buying my commissions.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5'3''
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Curvy!
  • Currently: Selling commissions
« Reply #2470 on: February 02, 2018, 04:59:13 PM »
My new job is providing literally 4 times what I made at my last job! Meaning Ill be able to get the iPad Pro! (Which I have been wanting for quite some time.)

Im buying the older generation becauae its much cheaper, but my boyfriend is being supportive of it finally! Hes even buying me the apple pen for valentines day!

Im feeling hella blessed because my life is finally coming together!

EDIT:: I GOT THE IPAD PRO TODAY FOR 250$
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:21:05 PM by Juliet »
  • Signature art by: Also Me xD

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2471 on: February 03, 2018, 08:50:26 PM »
Got Persona 5 just an hour ago as of posting this. First impressions: Love it, Love everything about it.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #2472 on: February 05, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »
MP-10 is here! My baby is here!! <3

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #2473 on: February 07, 2018, 12:21:33 AM »
Me and my dad talked a bit. He acknowledged that being gay isn't a choice and that he was happy I was born when I was so I don't have to go through the pain gay people had to deal with when he was growing up. He said he wanted me to be happy.   

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2474 on: February 07, 2018, 02:08:13 AM »
Me and my dad talked a bit. He acknowledged that being gay isn't a choice and that he was happy I was born when I was so I don't have to go through the pain gay people had to deal with when he was growing up. He said he wanted me to be happy.

Omg I am so happy for you. Your dad seems like a good man. (Sorry I'm used to hearing that parents don't accept it.)

As for the reason I'm here. I recently bought an ear cuff (Which is like a really fancy ear ring without having to get your ears pierced.) and I was really nervous about wearing it because I thought I was gonna get crap about it, and it was a girl's too. And my parents would RKO me if they found out that I both bought and wore it. The moment I put it on, I got a compliment from a friend that just so happened to pass by. And a compliment from a classmate. Then I got one more in another class... I should really just put more faith in myself and have a little more confidence in expressing myself through the things I wear... Next step, red anime hair. I'm kidding of course.

As for the ear cuff that I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Zytree-Gothic-Anchor-Earring-Piercing/dp/B018Z877WM/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1517969384&sr=8-35&keywords=anchor+ear+cuff
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:11:03 AM by Ori »
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)