The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105157 times)

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2430 on: November 02, 2017, 07:34:10 PM »
I have some amazingly supportive friends who love me even if I sometimes take them for granted.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2431 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:45 PM »
So this happened in the youth parliament (yes my name is Ruben, what gives?)

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2432 on: November 17, 2017, 12:10:11 PM »
Yesterday someone said they were going to come visit me today.
An hour after they were supposed to show up, I get an "Actually no I'm sick today sry"-text.
Which is totally fine.
I never expected them to actually show up in the first place, but the threat of a potential visitor always helps with the old motivation to take that extra step to make my cave look pretty.
Yesterday evening I braved the dark to go pick up some random snacks for today, and today I got up early and cleaned the kitchen. It's so clean you could eat off the floor now. Dunno why anyone would want to do that, but the option is there.

And the fact that the person even told me (if a bit late) they weren't coming is a pretty big improvement on their side. Usually they just go silent for 3 weeks and then they come back acting as if nothing ever happened. (Of course, the mean part of me can't help but think that the real reason they didn't show up is "Actually I overslept and didn't feel like going to school today nor do I feel like putting up with you, what the hell was I thinking yesterday". Which might very well be true unless they've become a better person on that front too.)

Offline Grey

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online
  • Imma wolfcoon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: A wolfcoon!
  • Coloring: Mostly grey, with varying shades
  • Height: 5ft, 3in
  • Weight: 7st
  • Build: Slim, short, fluffy
  • Currently: Relieved and happy!
« Reply #2433 on: November 20, 2017, 03:43:48 PM »
My throat seems to be getting better. I think I'm starting to get over this cold.
People make omellettes with butter? Ew!

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2434 on: November 20, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »
Congratulations to the both of you. Colds are never fun, and it's always good to get a grade up in school.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2435 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »
Reached Chapter Eighteen in Book II of my series. Go me!
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #2436 on: December 11, 2017, 09:14:45 AM »
My awesome new desktop will arrive later today! It's so good it should last me a good decade. I can't wait to get that running and experiment with game-making and stuff.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #2437 on: December 11, 2017, 10:04:53 AM »
Thing's aren't that bad, really. I've got a lot to be happy about.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request Top 50 Most Online
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2438 on: December 14, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
A whole bunch of states are gearing up to take legal action against the net neutrality repeal.

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2439 on: December 15, 2017, 11:18:57 PM »
I was at gamestop taking back a game that didn't work. Unfortunately they didn't have another copy of said game (Dragon ball Xenoverse 2) So I had to switch it out for a different one. The positive part is that as I was leaving with Torment: Tides of Numenera, a different employee whom I knew somewhat well gave me the steelbook for free as an apology for any trouble caused.     

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #2440 on: December 24, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »
When I woke up this morning, I noticed a shadow that was being casted from some random objects on my desk, wich almost perfectly resembled the silhouette of a wolf, sitting down, from my point of view.

Me, who's been recently wanting to pick up drawing, tried to remember the forms making up the silhouette, so I could try to draw it later.  And when I got my hands on a felt-tip pen, and some basic copy paper, I went ahead and tried.

Ofcourse, because of the cheap paper and the felt-tip, the result still looked ugly, but the form and drawing itself turned out really well!

So, now I'm a little less insecure about my pending pursuit in learning how to draw!

Hurray!

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2441 on: December 25, 2017, 12:05:24 AM »
We held a christmas party at home.
The family was present, food was well and the drinks were delicious.

Not an evening of politics or heavy themes, just being together with the family and enjoying life.
Quite simple and something I should do more.

Things in life don't have to be difficult, simple things like this is why I keep going  ^_^

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Awards
« Reply #2442 on: December 25, 2017, 02:33:00 AM »
Bricket, your avatar is adorable.

That's my rant.

Offline Alistair

• Resident pink saber
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Smilodon Populator
  • Coloring: Strawberry, cream, and black
  • Height: 7'2"
  • Weight: 350lb
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: Fortnite dancing into the inevitable future
« Reply #2443 on: December 25, 2017, 02:38:33 AM »
I got everything I asked for this year!

It feels really satisfying.
Royal Saber floof mane the first

Sir Sabering the first

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
    • Awards
« Reply #2444 on: December 25, 2017, 04:06:21 AM »
Bricket, your avatar is adorable.

That's my rant.
Well thank you, that's quite wholesome