The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105193 times)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2220 on: November 16, 2016, 06:19:44 AM »
Today and yesterday I was able to get lots of rest. Also, I didn't accomplish anything on college, didn't even try :) . This week and next week are really light college weeks. I'll be able to use these two weeks to continue to rest, gather myself, and start to get ahead. I did it. I won. Months and months of fighting. Many all nighters, passing out in the middle of college assignments, countless problems friends needed help with, dad and home life, working and getting close to full time now, college itself, health problems (shaking hands, horrible memory and thinking abilities, dropping stuff, change it heart beat, etc.), people telling me I couldn't do it and I had to stop, many times feeling as if I couldn't go further, and at best bad Internet. All of it, I conquered all of it. Victory :) I've had a time to rest. Now tomorrow, it's time to start getting back on the ball. Just now, I'll be rested and have time.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2221 on: November 16, 2016, 06:29:32 AM »
Finally all done with the Lost (and by extension, all characters) in Afterbirth.
Only took me less than a week too, which must mean I've improved significantly since I did all this in the 3DS-version.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2222 on: November 17, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »
Today was a pretty good day. Granted there was one major issue, but a pretty good day.
On my 4 to 11 closing shift Sunday, my supervisor noticed I always order the cheapest item on the menu. The only shifts I eat on are long ones. Even then, I try to not eat anything because even when it's only $1.86  after tax, a half garlic loaf and really small thing of pizza sauce (no cheaper item on the menu) dad still gets super pissed about me spending HIS money. Some bullshit on me needing to learn I can't afford to eat where I work (he seriously would rather have me go hungry than spend $1.86 of HIS money on food). Anyway, I only order that cheapest thing as a snack sometimes. My supervisor told me to upgrade it to a half cheese loaf at no extra cost Sunday. Much appreciated. And tonight I wasn't even planning on ordering anything but as a thank you for how hard I work, she secretly made and gave me (at no cost) a WHOLE sandwich and chips. I didn't get a snack at work, I got a meal. It felt so good to not be hungry during the rest of my shift. And the sandwich tasted great too! During the meeting Saturday, I was feeling really, really down. They handed out some bonuses and even though I've previously caught supervisors telling the owner how great I work, I didn't get one. It really put me deeper in the hole. This helped me finally get over it. I mean, I have really massive issues asking for anything, and no one ever gives me anything. But she did. I had good food, and someone did something for me. Both very nice
Also, spent a good amount of time with my mutts. Man I'm going to miss them.

Gee, it did turn into a true rant. Fairly positive one at least

Offline Ara Av-Toa

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Abandoned profile
« Reply #2223 on: November 19, 2016, 06:57:44 PM »
Got access to Stud.io BETA yesterday!
(for those who don't know, it's a LEGO design program)

...Although, of course it's far from finished and I had to make a Bricklink (origin site) account, but once it IS completed...
I'm fairly sure it can replace LDD.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2224 on: November 24, 2016, 08:26:21 AM »
I've never been a too big fan of babies/toddlers.
Still can't say I am (I don't hate them or anything, I just don't really understand them), but I just caught myself doing something I thought would never happen.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time on YT today, searching for videos of babies making their first important decision in life:
Which (usually Gen1) starter Pokémon to pick.

And the joy it brings to my cold empty heart as they pick Squirtle/*Gen-appropriate Water type here* is indescribable.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2225 on: November 25, 2016, 08:31:15 PM »
I got a "new" computer chair, which was actually a spare one sitting around. But it's in good condition compared to the others in the house. My butt feels better already. :D

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2226 on: November 26, 2016, 03:57:27 AM »
I got a 2 in 1 tablet thingy for a good price today, as well as a gym membership. Now I have access to equipment and will have people around to help me if I inure myself. I bought myself a nice, red dog collar today, the first one that is for me and not one of my dogs. I wore it out to town (the next town over to be exact, can't afford to be recognized). I had never worn a collar around anyone ever before. One guy gave me the weirdest stare XP

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2227 on: November 29, 2016, 07:55:37 AM »
Got my brothers sodastream that's just been collecting dust in the basement for the past two years or so.
It sure is nice to no longer have to worry about dragging (empty) bottles back and forth between the store and my cave "all the time" anymore.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2228 on: November 29, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »
I just played through the entire Egypt episode of Serious Sam in one sitting.

It was awesome!

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2229 on: November 29, 2016, 08:10:30 PM »
I just played through the entire Egypt episode of Serious Sam in one sitting.

It was awesome!

XD High five serious Sam is awesome!
Today is my first day at work. I'm still getting the hang of things but so far it's nothing too hard ^.^
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2230 on: December 06, 2016, 01:08:36 PM »
Happy burrthday to me! I may still be ill, but hey, I'm 22 now.
I don't feel it though. Dunno what Taylor Swift was talking about. Maybe I need to wait a few more hours. Hmm...

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2231 on: December 06, 2016, 04:42:09 PM »
^Happy Burrday Evna.

OnT: I finally did it x-x' Right on time for the upcoming DLC-thing as well >->'

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2232 on: December 06, 2016, 05:14:50 PM »
Happy birthday Evna! *throws confetti everywhere*

I was getting in a pretty deep pit last night, but something big FINALLY went well

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2233 on: December 07, 2016, 12:20:41 AM »
DumbScape idle adventures is like Cookie clicker, except without all the stuff that made Cookie clicker fun.
I like it already.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2234 on: December 08, 2016, 06:01:01 PM »
I've had some issues over the past few months, but I feel as if I have a net decrease in issues/issue severity. Example. I'm here in the college library using one of their computers with headphones on. Anyone could walk by and see me here on TFF, but I barely feel any nervousness or paranoia. Only look over my shoulder on occasion XP