The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105299 times)

Offline Jane

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Magenta Fur with raspberry colored hair /deeper shade of magenta
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Currently: glad i got work done.
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2130 on: September 14, 2016, 02:50:33 AM »
My paycheck made my day so much better.
I DO NOT take trades or do requests, sorry.

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2131 on: September 14, 2016, 03:17:51 AM »
I took another step closer to finishing my game's prototype engine. >.> (I still need to figure out the text and inventory ;-;) Fortunately for myself, I finally got back into high spirits >.> (I get random mood swings, yesterday I was depressed.) Speaking of which. I finally let my friend take a step closer to knowing about me. (Which sounds wierd, but truthfully, I never let anyone in on the dark thoughts going on in my head.) I let him know about my mood swings, and that I just might be bipolar. He chuckled at first,  not believing it. But then I explained my depressed moments, causes a lot of times when I zone out, and my mania moments, I'm hyper as heck. And he nodded, I think he believes me and understands it. And he knows first hand how many times I've space out.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:29:46 AM by Ori »
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2132 on: September 14, 2016, 08:32:45 AM »
Had the worst two weeks of my life. I completed everything except working out, but lost my fire. I had trouble getting it back. I just got my fire relit. Time to finish getting back up to speed

Oorah

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Woof.
  • Coloring: Brown.
  • Height: 165 cm.
  • Weight: 50 kg.
  • Build: Average.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Gnawing on all the table legs!
« Reply #2133 on: September 14, 2016, 08:43:53 AM »
Got an eagerly-awaited WIP today and it looks awesome.

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2134 on: September 14, 2016, 06:15:00 PM »
My dad maintains the family rental properties, and for a long time he refused to have anyone help him, including me. Now that there's some family drama over one of the houses due to how slow improvements have been thanks to various distractions, he's given in and accepting assistance to get things done faster. Who's this assistant? ME.

That's right, I finally have a job now! Of course, I'll need to learn a bit, but I gotta start somewhere.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2135 on: September 15, 2016, 11:35:55 AM »
- The box of stuff that's been standing in the middle of the room and the multiple bags of clothes I don't wear have finally been donated to the local charity flea market, as intended.
- The burnt-out lamp that's been dead for a couple months has finally been replaced, and a taller ladder has been purchased so that I'll possibly be able to change light bulbs on my own in the future.
- Mt. Laundry lies defeated.
- Kitchen is looking better than ever. Also finally remembered to buy a kitchen roll holder.
- The leaky showerhead in the bathroom has been replaced.
- My sleep schedule is pretty much perfect.
- I've beaten my cola-addiction.

I feel better than I have in a long while too. Hopefully it'll last.

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #2136 on: September 15, 2016, 05:50:15 PM »
Just got a second interview set up for my potential second job. Lady on the phone said it was basically just a formality though and that she looks forward to having me work with them. SO much excite

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2137 on: September 15, 2016, 06:41:59 PM »
I have a paper I have to crank out in less than 4 hours. However, I found a loophole (I do that so often) in the instructions that'll allow most of it to be useless filler. ^_^ Currently almost half of the paper is filler. Makes it nice and easy  XP  Professor really should tighten down and clarify the instructions
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:48:57 PM by Rocco »

Offline Dax Declan

• Headphone Guy
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Mr. Misty-Eyed
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Purple-bluish
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slim but toned
« Reply #2138 on: September 15, 2016, 08:12:16 PM »
Now I swear a lot, I try to hold back. BUT sometimes I feel like it drives a point home. And today I feel pretty **censor** great. Not sure why but I do. 

Jesus... as I'm typing this my bus driver just hit a squirrel on my road.
I don't roleplay In any shape or form.

Offline Cheza

• Förseningschef
  • Global Moderator
  • Quizzical Quail
  • Mostly harmless.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2139 on: September 16, 2016, 10:17:52 PM »
Today (17.09) it's exactly 7 years since  I created my RS-account, and by extension, the day I first came up with the name Chezana.
It is also the day of Runefest 2016, a good friend's birthday and the day registrations for NFC 2017 open. Much excite.

Offline George

• The Cyan
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
  • "Don't be square, be cube"
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Baja Blast
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: Almost 200 lbs
  • Build: A bit soft
« Reply #2140 on: September 17, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »
Got to eat some great pizza today!

I guess that's my pay providing my dad tech support. XD

Offline ★Amethyst★

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Maine Coon
  • Coloring: White with light purple hair/patches
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Average/slim
  • Currently: itching to do stuff
« Reply #2141 on: September 17, 2016, 05:36:25 PM »
I'm glad that most of my assistant managers (don't interact with the top manager much) are all pretty nice people. It's also neat learning that some of my coworkers are into nerdy stuff too. One writes fantasy novels, one dresses up and goes to Ren faires, one plays video/tabletop games, etc. And while I've been improving on it for awhile, I think working with customers has helped me lessen my anxiety a bit.

Only thing I kind of hate is not having a stable schedule; it changes each week so it's hard to plan regular stuff outside it :p

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2142 on: September 18, 2016, 06:47:31 AM »

A guy who I'm really close to is having life start to actually go his way for once. And he just had his birthday yesterday.
The supervisor at work (by the way, happy birthday to her) definitely likes me and compliments me often. Always good to have an ally with power, and she's pretty nice.
When I'm told to do something, my standard answer is "Roger that". It's just how I speak. She has now decided to name me Roger, and she's spreading it around the whole place  XP It's actually good I now have a nickname, someone else has a name almost the same as my real name, just missing the B at the beginning of his name, so confusion will go down.
I'm also changing the whole culture there. Along with "Roger that" I also use "Good to go" and "Negative". I'm now hearing all three around the place XD  I'm changing the culture of my first place of employment  XP  Works for me
The supervisor lost her son at 21 to suicide. Since I'm a year and a half younger than he was, I wonder if she's semi adopting me. Never know, and we work amazingly well together. I'll ask a bit about him when she gets back from her vacation.
Guess I don't have to worry about being fired anymore

Also, I'm going to play more laser tag. It's a church event, so the pastor wants all players to come to church in their laser tag clothes. For me, that's full BDUs with a black ski mask a BDU hat  ^_^  I'll skip the mask and hat in church though. However, I'm serving communion and offering. In the full BDUs :P :)
I want to put on a bite suit or sleeve and get bit by a MWD or police K9. I finally know who to speak to, so that path has started.
Going to attend AC 2017 with Air, be the first con for either of us and soon before I ship out for Marine Corps boot camp. I PMed my favorite fursuiter (Duke  :* ) on FA. He said he's plannig on going as long as he can get a room. PMed my other top two fursuiters. Awaiting respone.
Also found a great new song. Dang, I'm good rambling for once. Feels nice
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 06:56:47 AM by Rocco »

Offline Ori

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • "You can't see me" - John Cena
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Warm Grey, red, black
  • Height: 5ft 6 ish,
  • Build: Skinny, Scrawny.
  • Currently: Working on college homework
« Reply #2143 on: September 18, 2016, 03:37:56 PM »

A guy who I'm really close to is having life start to actually go his way for once. And he just had his birthday yesterday.
The supervisor at work (by the way, happy birthday to her) definitely likes me and compliments me often. Always good to have an ally with power, and she's pretty nice.
When I'm told to do something, my standard answer is "Roger that". It's just how I speak. She has now decided to name me Roger, and she's spreading it around the whole place  XP It's actually good I now have a nickname, someone else has a name almost the same as my real name, just missing the B at the beginning of his name, so confusion will go down.
I'm also changing the whole culture there. Along with "Roger that" I also use "Good to go" and "Negative". I'm now hearing all three around the place XD  I'm changing the culture of my first place of employment  XP  Works for me
The supervisor lost her son at 21 to suicide. Since I'm a year and a half younger than he was, I wonder if she's semi adopting me. Never know, and we work amazingly well together. I'll ask a bit about him when she gets back from her vacation.
Guess I don't have to worry about being fired anymore

Also, I'm going to play more laser tag. It's a church event, so the pastor wants all players to come to church in their laser tag clothes. For me, that's full BDUs with a black ski mask a BDU hat  ^_^  I'll skip the mask and hat in church though. However, I'm serving communion and offering. In the full BDUs :P :)
I want to put on a bite suit or sleeve and get bit by a MWD or police K9. I finally know who to speak to, so that path has started.
Going to attend AC 2017 with Air, be the first con for either of us and soon before I ship out for Marine Corps boot camp. I PMed my favorite fursuiter (Duke  :* ) on FA. He said he's plannig on going as long as he can get a room. PMed my other top two fursuiters. Awaiting respone.
Also found a great new song. Dang, I'm good rambling for once. Feels nice

That sounds really nice. I'm glad for you ^.^
My name is Ori.

I am totally not trying to impersonate Edward Scissorhands. Who is that anyway?
Also I am humming this is Halloween.
Also John Cena Memes don't die. (John Cena theme blares in background)

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2144 on: September 20, 2016, 04:18:44 AM »
Got to eat some great pizza today!

I guess that's my pay providing my dad tech support. XD
I get 50% off pizzas at my job.  XP And they're excellent
Speaking of the job, I got my first paycheck today. It was for only a partial pay period, but it's still nice to get my first one ever. Just too bad I can't go enjoy it.