The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Madness Through Sorrow  (Read 2973 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
Re: The Madness Through Sorrow
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 07:36:30 AM »
I walked in to the station, just beginning to break a sweat in the heat.  I went up the stairs, and walked through the door.  I walked past the front desk and the booking room into the main part of the building where I saw Alfred sitting on a bench with a few other officers.  I'll take it from here guys.  The other officers walked off as I stood in front of Alfred.  He seemed a bit jittery and on edge.  Yeah, I'd be nervous too.  I said with some level of harshness.  I gave you two chances before, and on number two I boldly stated what I was going to do.  I'm not you're enemy Al, I'm only looking out for everyone's safety and wellbeing.  I crossed my arms and put my right hand under my chin and nodded my head slightly.  I don't know what possessed you to speed again, but I don't need this crap right now!  I exclaimed slamming my fist into the desk beside me. 

At that moment the room fell silent.  No one had ever heard me raise my voice before.  I looked around at the shocked expressions, and in the silence I took a deep breath and relaxed.  I apologize for raising my voice...  I've been a little over excited for my promotion, I just want everything to go well.  It was then an officer interjected, "If you want everything to go well, you need to put concerns of the citizens first.  And Alfred thinks the lake might be poisoned.  The he way he explained it... there must've been god knows how many fish dead in the water."

You're absolutely right...  Al... I hope you can accept my deepest apologies.  Me and a few other officers are going to head up to the lake and check it out, why don't you come with me, you can talk to me on the way.  If you're right...  Well, I'll think of something.  Lets go.

We walked out of the station, and I led Alfred to my car.  I started the engine, and pulled away leading the way to the lake.  So what exactly did you see?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
Alfred rubbed his face with his hand, as if to try and relax his face. "There must have been fifty fish belly up in the lake. You dont kill that many fish just by farting underwater." Realizing what he had said, he turned his head down and began to stare at his feet in shame. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so crude with you Sheriff. Its just, that's a lot of fish to up and die like that. And, I remember what you said if I sped again. I thought this was more important."

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 04:15:16 PM »
At the sound of a speeding bike, Martin looked up from his block of paper and sharpened his ears. Could that be..? He didn't believe what he heard at first since he knew Alfred was a responsible man and he had already been in trouble for speeding... Could something be the matter?

He draws a few more lines with an uneasy face because he just can't shake the thought off. He was getting a little bored of drawing and his curiosity finally got the best of him. After all, he could just take a walk if there was no sign of a commotion. So Martin locks up and strolls down where the noise seemed to be going; to the station.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 02:45:05 AM »
max looked out the window in time to see the bike speed past, then a little while later he saw the patrole car going back the way the bike had come. "that was odd, wonder if its anything important. oh well guess i should start getting ready for work tomorow." he sighed going back to his bags.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 03:08:53 AM »
Mikhail left the room and headed downstairs, the lady smiled at him as he walked towards the door.
He smiled back and climbed into his truck.
"Might as well get myself acquainted with the town if I'm going to be here a while"
As he pulled out of the parking space he noticed a person in the window on the third floor, he was looking at the street, turning around he saw a police car speeding by.
"What could a cop in such a small town be in such a hurry for?
He assumed there was no need for alarm, he was heading away from town anyway.
The town was pretty much how his friend had described it, everyone seemed to be very friendly, something he was not used to.
He noticed a restaurant across the street.
"Might as well grab something to eat."
He parked his truck and entered the building.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 03:51:32 AM »
As I rode with Alfred towards the lake, I was quite curious of this whole endeavor.  At first I was quite skeptical... however, when it finally started to sink in.  Something could very well be wrong.  And if something infected the waterways surrounding the town, maybe it could have adverse effects on neighboring environments, or worse yet... the townspeople.  Maybe it's nothing, nevertheless it's worth looking into.

We pulled up to the lake and when everyone was assembled, the response was unanimous amongst all of us.  It was evident, something wasn't right.  I turned and said openly to anyone, Get St. Louis on the phone, tell them we need a full forensics team and the EPA down here asap.  We need to find out what's going on.

At the other end of the lake was a property.  It was owned by an elderly widow.  I had some concern for her safety and well being.  I took it upon myself to see if she was alright.

Ok everyone, listen up.  Until we get higher authority down here, don't touch anything, don't disturb anything, just stay put.  I'm going around to see if the old woman across the lake is ok.  All I want the rest of you to do, is take pictures, get back to the station.

I went to my car and looked at Alfred.  You wanna come along, or head back with someone?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 04:03:52 AM »
"I'll come with you Sherrif." Alfred stepped out of the car and looked around at all the people. This was the most excitement this town had seen for a long while. He was kinda glad that something happened; not that he wanted to make anyone sick, or hurt anyone, its just that this town was so boring, even for a man who used to be a butler. Just then he remembered he forgot his water bottle back at the station. He looked out at the lake. He was kinda glad he did forget.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 11:53:30 PM »
max walked outside and walked over to the restaurant. he walked inside and sat at the back of the room. he looked over the menu and started going over all the ingredients he would be working with when he noticed the only other customer sitting on the other side of the room.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."