The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: In need of some advice.  (Read 407 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
In need of some advice.
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
Hey everyone, it has been a long time since ive posted he but I'm in need of some advice. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost a year and I love her but we disagree on one important thing, science and religion, she being the religious person and myself not a very religious person and she believes in creationism which I don't, I believe in evolution. Now the thing is I can't standnreligion sometimes and she talks about bible stuff WAY too much that it is starting to get on my nerves. Another thing is she calls me everyday and i'm feeling suffocated. What should I do?
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: In need of some advice.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:09:48 AM »
All I've got for advice is to tell her that you're uncomfortable with her talking about religion all the time and ask her to lessen the frequency of calls to give you some space (though one call a day wouldn't seem suffocating to me, but I don't know if you meant one call a day or several). I mean, from what you wrote, you don't talk about evolution all the time so she should show you some respect by not talking about religion all the time.

It might not be helpful, but it's all I have for you.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:12:10 AM »
Thanks Vee, and she calls once a day but it last like an hour, and she asks like "whatcha doing" every 15 minutes and it's annoying as heck.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 01:15:44 AM »
No problem. And yeah, I can see how that could be annoying. It'd probably be better if you were having an actual conversation. So I would ask her to either limit the calls to a shorter amount of time or make the every other day or something.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 01:22:24 AM »
I was thinking the same thing. And almost everything I saw to her is offensive, I cant understand her sometimes.

Offline Lucky

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I Find Some Of You Very Creepy
    • Awards
  • Species: African Wild Dog
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: normal
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 03:04:06 AM »
tell her how you feel, no relationship is perfect, explain to her you feel about religion

Pet's name: Lucky

Offline Halfeb

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Dingo
  • Coloring: Orange with white on maw throat chest and stomach and maroon around eyes and tips of ears.
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Build: Slender, yet musculer
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 07:13:09 AM »
Tell her you respect her right to believe what she dose but, its not right for her to force it on you, just like its not right for you to force it on her.

Oh, but, if she feels like arguing the point, tell her that it could be metaphorical for the big bang and evolution, because, it says that god has no concept of time, so a day could be a million years to him. Also, it never said int he bible that he created man fully formed.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 03:28:37 PM »
Hey everyone, it has been a long time since ive posted he but I'm in need of some advice. I've been dating my girlfriend for almost a year and I love her but we disagree on one important thing, science and religion, she being the religious person and myself not a very religious person and she believes in creationism which I don't, I believe in evolution. Now the thing is I can't standnreligion sometimes and she talks about bible stuff WAY too much that it is starting to get on my nerves. Another thing is she calls me everyday and i'm feeling suffocated. What should I do?

Simple.
Tell her how you feel without using "You make me feel" words 'n such.
Also, learn to agree to disagree.

(:
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »
Tell her you respect her right to believe what she dose but, its not right for her to force it on you, just like its not right for you to force it on her.

Oh, but, if she feels like arguing the point, tell her that it could be metaphorical for the big bang and evolution, because, it says that god has no concept of time, so a day could be a million years to him. Also, it never said int he bible that he created man fully formed.

true very true Halfeb, I should use that when she brings it up
and iKero I agree, one of my friends told me to do the same.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 11:11:01 PM »
In my opinion, (I believe in religion and science), a good way to help with her being a religious person, is find a connection between the two, such as the big bang theory and stuff like that. If she is open minded (along with your self) that should help a lot of things, but about the calling,telling her to call less and/or shorten the conversations, can seem a bit harsh. So why don't you just try to talk, but if the conversation is going no where, just say something like, "I'm going to go" or something, but if she ask why, do express your self, just in the nicest sounding way possible.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 01:12:53 AM »

My advice, do your best to steer from these topics, because in my experience with religious discussions, has resulted in names being tossed and hatred abound

or plenty a laugh

Do what these other posters have said and request she stop the Religion talks.

Or if all else fails, spin her a tale of the savior Jesus in such a way that she knows that God created science to explain to us mortals how he did everything he did.

At least thats what I tell myself, could be wrong, comfortable in that fact, but it's worth a shot.