The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: the most dangerous question...  (Read 306 times)

Offline wahstimber

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: timber wolf
  • Coloring: white, black, grey, and blue
  • Height: 5 feet 11 inches
  • Weight: 150 pounds
  • Build: thin but not in-shape
the most dangerous question...
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:33:05 PM »
my new favorite hobby is to go up to people that don't what there talking about and ask "why?" a seemingly innocent but dangerous question.

I was recently at the state-fair where I live. at the state fair there is always this pro-life booth handing out papers and preaching to anybody unfortunate enough to get close enough.

so i went up to them and asked them "so your pro-life, right?" the women behind the desk cheerily answered "yes" then I asked "why?" and she said "Because abortion is evil and kills babies, just like condoms and birth control."

so then i asked "but what if somebody got raped and got pregnant, wouldn't it be justified to for them to get an abortion?" the women looked at me sternly and said "NO"

by this time, the people in the pro-choice booth across the street had noticed me and were paying attention, wondering what evil plan i was hatching.

then i asked "Well, what if the person that got raped was a little child, and giving birth would injure them?" to which the response was "THE LITTLE BABY STILL DESERVES TO LIVE!"
"Okay" i said. "What if the little child got killed giving birth." (Just an FYI, this does actually happen in places like africa) i got the same response as before.
so next i said. "Well that means that you support the idea of murder for the better of yourself, let me ask you something, do you think columbine was justified?"

i didn't stick around to watch this women's head explode, but i sure as hell heard it.

i went back to that part of the fair later that day and got high-fives and ten free condoms from the pro-choice people. 
i am a warrior, i have fought on many battle fields and fronts, i have won battles and lost battles... against my mom.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Re: the most dangerous question...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:54:34 PM »
dude, thats awesome! ida bought you some deep fried doughnuts if I was there.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 06:02:35 AM »
Please be respectful of the fact that there could easily be pro-life people on this forum.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
(Hi fives)
The epicness is epic. :P
Why people get so up in arms about questions is a mystery to me.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:40:25 PM »
So instead of accepting this lady's point of view and allowing her to have her own opinion on the matter, you took it upon yourself to drill her because her point of view is not your own. According to you there was also a Pro-choice booth lying across the way from that one that you could have easily of went to if that was your choice. Instead of allowing the lady a chance to explain her views you responded with counters to everything she said. This is not hardly an informed and enlightened way to discuss views. Counters to your claim could also be thrown. There are a lot of cases outside of rape that pregnancy could have been avoided with simple steps. Does a new life deserve to be snuffed out because its parents were idiots?

A very immature way to approach the lady. There is a difference between asking questions in a civil, intelligent matter and being a fool about it. Intelligence is easier to gauge when you consider all sides of a debate. You used rape as the sole contradiction to her point of view. Rape is not the sole cause for abortion anywhere in the world and while I do not think a rape victim should suffer the consequences of other's actions I think it is folly to take a stand for/against Pro-Life with such a narrow minded view of the issue. There are a lot of places in Africa that do not have the medical facilities or equipment to care for pregnancy as well as over here. A full grown woman can die of it just as easily if not cared for well given the circumstances. There are thousands of variables to the situation that must be considered for an effective resolution between either camp, for or against.

They say ignorance is bliss. I say ignorance is the sole reason such issues still exist. Because people would rather spout off on their view then intelligently work together to find a good solution. A lot of the Pro-life problems would be avoided if people would be smart and make a "pro" choice and use condoms like you got at the other booth.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:35:54 PM »
I have to argue with Tezztor, going on to some one just to mess with them, that's messed up. It would of been different if she was preaching in your face, and you where at the abortion clinic or something, but to just go up to someone and start it just to do it, is a little messed up. People can always find a counter example. That's like saying people should not have the right to bear arms, I'm sure crime rate would go down, but people that get them illegally would have power of people that have none. Debating ideas is one thing, I am pro abortion, but just like everything, there's two sides, like the people that use abortions for birth control, or those people that get raped, why should they have to have the kid. There always two sides, and that something every one should be able to understand, the only thing that I see that's so black and white, is stuff like gay rights, non racial discrimination, and stuff like that.   

((note I didn't say human rights's because it would go into the fact that some people believe that a fetus is a living person))
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<