The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Crash the dog

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Marf?
    • Crash's youtube channel
    • Awards
  • Species: Doggy!
  • Coloring: Black, grey, and white
League of Legends
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:25:31 PM »
Marf, have you heard of or played DoTA Allstars before? It was a popular mod for the game Warcraft III, and it tasked players with teaming up with a group to destroy an opposing group's energy source before they could do the same to them. Really intense 5 vs. 5 action, where smart thinking and teamwork would win the day. At some point, some of the developers decided that their mod was limited by the fact that it was just that: A mod and not a standalone game in itself. They decided to team up with a company called Riot Games and develop a game called League of Legends, and it's currently my favorite video game and will stay that way for a long time.

League of Legends is a FREE team-based action/real-time strategy game for PC where you work with a number of other people to overpower an opposing team of players and destroy the core of their base (called a "nexus") before they can destroy yours. Each team starts on opposite sides of the chosen map, and must travel down what are known as "lanes" to reach their enemies. Along the lanes are threats known as "minions" and "turrets", some sided with you and some sided with the enemy team. Between these lanes are areas which are collectively called the "jungle", and they're full of neutral monsters that either team can kill for bonuses, and tall grass that you can hide in for offensive or defensive purposes!

When you start a game, you get to choose your "champion", along with every other player. There are currently over 50, and each and every one is unique in how they're used in the game! There are big, tough guys who can take damage and keep on going, there are sneaky stealthy characters who deal massive damage but are easy to take down if revealed, there are mages that specialize in all sorts of combative and supportive magics, and many more classifications as well. With over 50 characters that all have unique abilities, you're guaranteed to find at least a few that you love to play as!

Along with picking a champion to play as before each match, you also have to select your personal masteries, stats, and spells to bring into the match. While every match is self-contained in this game (meaning every match starts every champion at level 1 with no gear regardless of previous game outcomes), you yourself are considered a "summoner", and your chosen personal stat bonuses, masteries, and spells make up the meta-game of League of Legends. You gain permanent experience after matches, add talent points into passive skill trees, gain special spells that you can use separate of your champion's abilities, and bring a few extra stat points into each battle with you. You get to add a personal touch to the way you play, and your team will appreciate it!

I could go on and on about this game, but I'd rather let you guys see the rest of it for yourselves =3 However, I would like to mention that while the game may be free to play, it is absolutely of commercial level quality. It's not like most free to play games, which feel like they're lacking in some way or another (or multiple ways even). You might be wondering where Riot Games is getting their income from, and that's simple: There is a special currency that costs real money. Good news though, players that pay to play will NOT have any gameplay advantages over players who are short on cash. You can purchase special cosmetic "skins" for your champions, or get access to specific champions quicker than non-paying players, but that's it. You won't be at a disadvantage if you play for free!

With frequent updates (New champion every 3-4 weeks!), amazing gameplay, likable characters, and impressive lore and character backgrounds, League of Legends is a game I will be playing for a VERY long time. You should join me and see why I like it so much! *wags*

One last thing! Here is Riot Games' trailer for season 1 of League of Legends. It's really cool how closely the actual gameplay resembles this CG trailer =D