The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rainbow...Winter of Blood OOC  (Read 3521 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
Rainbow...Winter of Blood OOC
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
Rainbow...Winter of Blood OOC
ↃOO pooןq ɟo ɹǝʇuıM˙˙˙ʍoquıɐᴚ

What? So it's a girly picture. I AM a girl. So bring it, foo.

Please PM anyone who you think would like to play so I can fill up the player limit. I am looking for two Co-GM’s to help with suggestions, etc. Co-GM’s will be able to play special characters alongside their normal one, something the normal players cannot do. They will also be able to help decide the path the story takes every so often, as well as introduce their own personal settings and whatnot. Bonus. If you want to be a Co-GM, PM me about it. If we get into Co-GM wars (I doubt it but hey), I will decide who gets to be one based upon how well they perform *ahem* a certain task for me.

Rules First:

Limited to seven players. After I get three, I’ll start. After I get seven it will close.
However, if I have less than seven, I will choose only one Co-GM instead of two for my own reasons.

1) No godmodding, powerplaying.
2) Your real-world characters start out fairly average. They do NOT start out at level 27 with an omega level gunsword, 1000/1000 HP and the best Tricks out there. That would not make any sense at all. Thank goodness I assign points for you.
3) Be respectful and kind to other players OOC. When IC, stay true to your characters. Don’t have them do crazy things or things they wouldn’t do without a good reason.
4) No wings. Even if a bird or dragon, say goodbye to wings unless I give permission otherwise. Kin hybrids are fine.
5) No whining. I eat whiners for breakfast. If you want to talk about something that’s bugging you or complain in a civilized manner, PM a GM.
6) Mama didn’t raise no fool. For the love of alchemy, use fairly good grammar and spelling. Posts must be three lines or longer.
7) Alright. Let’s get one thing straightened out and get it straightened out right now. I know I have a bad history with RP’s. I know I’m so busy that I have a hard time posting when I should. I get it. But please do not be resentful of me. I really care about what I do when it comes to RPs, everyone’s, not just my own. Because of that…I decided to do the wave for our posting system. I will post first. Then everyone else, even me, has three days to post however much they’d like. The forth day, I’ll post with some establishment again and the process starts again. I believe that even I have the time to handle a four day system like that.
8) If you don’t post at least once within the three day wave, you get a strike. That includes myself and Co-GM’s…hopefully I won’t get myself kicked out of my own RP and have to hand it over to another person. I can skip you if you give a good reason.
9) Before you start a battle (RPG style or FPS style) with another character or NPC, tell me here or in PM so I can watch over it. I control most NPCs.
10) There needs to be an even number of rules.

Story
(My two co-gm’s will receive the ‘complete,’ 'actual' story. Giddums.)

Six o' clock at night in Allebaster, Tennesse. A bus stop full of average as well as not so average people from every species, every walk of life and every background prepare to leave what they had behind and head for something better--- the glamor of Las Vegas, Nevada. Whatever their reason for going, they've made sure to bring all they needed with them, however much or little that is. They all have their problems, their facades and their promises. They all have their dreams. The bus pulls out of the lot; they wave goodbye to what 'was' and embrace 'what is,' But little do they know 'what is'...isn't so wonderful. Little do they know that the bus driver is in it for something bigger than a paycheck...and little do they know that the bus isn't headed for the city of sin.

It's headed for the city in the stars.

More
  • You: Omg Sasha, that was the shortest story ever, omg I don't get it. Me: Shush. Looks like you're already whining, I made it that way on purpose. You normal players are not supposed to be in the know. I want to surprise you so that you may learn to make your chars adapt to whatever situation is thrown at them. That is part of the whole purpose of the game. While I have a pretty intense RPG-like battle system, a lot of it is more on character development.
  • If you need more of a teaser, I will tell you that it takes place in outer space. It is very psychedelic. (Think Pink Floyd.) And it has enough action to please an FPS buff, enough techno-punk to please a sci-fi fan, and enough gore to please a horror enthusiast.
  • This is heavily influenced by the sci-fi side of Final Fantasy video games and for people who hate JRPGs, it also has a lot of gunplay, war-type stuff so don't fret. (*cough* Gabag *cough*)
  • I plan on helping you out when I can--- throwing in a new character, new plot, a new adventure, a new quest, etc. Don't worry about running out of things to do.
  • Most fighting will run as in a JRPG--- I will assign all characters a certain amount of HP (and TP, Trick points, which they do not have now) at the start of the game. During a battle, I or another GM will tally and keep track of how much HP or TP you are losing or gaining, depending on your actions. At the end of a battle, I will assign XP, experience points. After you gain a certain amount of XP, you gain a level. Don't worry about keeping of it yourself, I will do it for you and record it in the character area below. Enemies will drop money and you will be able to keep a recorded inventory, and visit shops to buy new gear, weapons, and other things familiar if you've played that type of video game before. If you haven't, and are confused, PM me for help.
  • I will play the role of your adversary in a battle against a NPC, posts will go back and forth in FICTION style until there is a winner. That is, they will be written out in narrative just like any other RP, except there will be a lot more back and forth turn taking as far as 'making a move' goes.
  • The same goes for battles against other characters.

Character Sheet

Code: [Select]
Name:

Belongings (what did they bring with them on the bus):
Personality:
Why are they going?
What are they leaving behind?

Bio:

Characters and Player Stats

Name:
Mariah Baker
Species: Coyote/Mountain Lion cross
Appearance: Thin and gangly for a girl. Rough, scruffy, but beautifully patterned brown, light black and tan fur. Long braided black hair tipped in red. Long scruffy tail. Yellow eyes. Wearing a blue dress the foster mother picked out.

Belongings:
A backpack full of clothes and stolen food. A sketchbook and pencil.
Personality: Seems to ignore most people around her, aside from her little sister. In general, however, is openly friendly and smiling to those who try to get her attention. Lives through her art.
Why is she going:
She and her sister are going to escape a violent, abusive past. They don't have the money for anything better than a bus ticket.
What did she leave behind:
A sadistic foster mother (think Glass House) and a house of strict conformity.

Bio: Mariah's father and mother were arrested on drug dealing charges a year back. Having no eligible family to take care of her or her sister, they were shoved into foster care. Their new mother happened to be a complete witch. Every misstep on the children's part----be it academics, chores, etiquette, or even stepping out of line ---was met with physical and emotional torture. Get anything lower than an A...loose your privilege to eat breakfast and dinner for a week.  Flirt with a boy...find yourself locked in the closest over the weekend. Start a fight with her...get your wrists burned with a lighter. You see, her foster mother was a strict (if psychotic) closet fascist who relished in the dream of reviving a Hitler's Jugend state of mind. She believed that a child less than perfect was not a child at all. Chassity desperately wanted to get her and her sister help, call the police, something, but their foster mother used a severe threat to stop her: you call the police, you get any sort of "help" from this heathen government, and I will kill your little sister the moment I see those cop cars pull up. Since her little sister was not in school, she was with 'mother' all the time. Chassity had to take the threat seriously. Running away was also out of the question...until now.

One cold night over dinner, their foster mother admitted she was tired of trying to get them to conform. She wanted them gone. And asap. She challenged them to 'get lost' with a game: you have two days to get out of my sight. I wouldn't suggest you go to the authorities...they'll just bring you back to me, and even if they try to investigate, we already discussed how I will handle that. If you don't dissapear in two days, or if they catch you and bring you back, I will go ahead and kill the both of you.

So the young duo did as they were told without hesitating. They stole some of her money and food, and they walked to this very bus stop.

HP: 100.......TP: 0......XP: 0.....Inventory: Bag. Spare clothing. Sketchbook. Pencil. Pencil sketches.
User: Reichderkasse Sasha
Level: 1

Name: Noh Baker
Species: Coyote/Mountain Lion cross
Appearance: Short and thin. Smoother fur than her sister. Green eyes. Black hair in pigtails. Wearing a formal pink dress the foster mother insisted upon.

HP: 100.....TP: 0.....XP: 0.....Inventory: Bag. Spare clothing. Sheep doll.
User: Reichderkasse Sasha
Level: 1
x

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Rainbow...Winter of Blood OOC
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:08 AM »
In terms of starting stats, is it based on the bio, stats, etc.?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 03:39:49 AM »
This is heavily influenced by the sci-fi side of Final Fantasy video games and for people who hate JRPGs, it also has a lot of gunplay, war-type stuff so don't fret. (*cough* Gabag *cough*)

Heeeeeeeeyyyy

I like JRPGS when they're good

like Chrono trigger

and the final fantasies up to 4

the rest of em are stupid

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:50:25 AM »
Chrono- All normal chars start out the same. Level one. One hundred xp. Other characters may start out different but thats just for GMs to know.
.........Gabag: I just remembered you saying that the only RPG you respected was Mass Effect so therefor I attempted to cater to you. XP
x

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:51:58 AM »
well I LIED

mass effect is one of the few modern rpgs i like, the old rpgs were the best ever

also i'm not all about warfare

I acknowledges subterfuge when its required

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 04:02:41 AM »
I ment, "does everyone have 100 hp and 0 tp?"

Sorry for not being specific :P
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »
Indeed Chrono, all normals start out 100 hp and 0 TP... for TP does not exist on Earth. And if that is the case Gabag then I am sure you will enjoy this RP! -smiles and motions like a bad car salesman-
x

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 02:18:20 AM »
Name:Rigor Mortis.
Species: Dragon Chameleon.
Appearance: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4338271/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4301969/ (middle one)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3540218/
In addition to what she's wearing in the pictures, she wears a pair of black tripp shorts with cloth suspenders, like
http://img.hottopic.com/is/image/HotTopic/210477_hi?$270x406$
But the straps / stitching is yellow. No shirt, she has no boobs, so. Sometimes she wears a black hoodie (at least in this RP, unless it's okay for her to look like she does in the pictures).

Belongings (what did they bring with them on the bus): Her living bag, patchwork (we can modify him a bit if needed, he basically just serves as a bag of holding / pet, some left over candy (in the bottom of patchwork), a black hoodie (currently tied around her waist), other miscellaneous not particularly useful things that she has found and kept (such as various Halloween Decorations, bottlecaps, bracelets, some bones.)
Personality: Rigor is complicated. She is usually fine when she is by herself, but people tend to frustrate her into violence or a snippy attitude. She's spontaneous and known for going out of her way to be troublesome just for the fun of it or to prove a point, even if it means doing something against her beliefs. She is that hateful. Sometimes she's playful, but equally as bothersome. She doesn't really get scared for the mere fact that she has no attachments to anything except her bag thusfar.
Why are they going? To roam / get away.
What are they leaving behind?
An ugly past covered in blood, mostly by her doing.
Bio:
When she was made (artificially, could say spliced) she had a father, a human, the scientist that made her. Once he was killed due to greed and company in-fighting over herself, she went on a rampage until someone managed to put her down. After dying she came back to life mysteriously and doesn't know anything of her past. She has nothing really to speak of except for faded, unsure memories of the older scientist that created her, but even then she's not sure how he's significant.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 04:37:31 AM by Mortis.Reptus »

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 04:25:49 AM »
Name: Entaru
Species: Artic Fox
Appearance: http://yamataru.deviantart.com/#/d2fk66z (different outfit)
Wears a semi-faded black buisness suit with a few tears in it.  (https://www.suitbusiness.com//showLarge.asp?P_id=7298&path=https://www.suitbusiness.com/read_write/productImages/Large/P1-04-1.jpg&httphost=suitbusiness.com)
His shoes are his best black Oxfords. Also slightly worn. (http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1224366&pg=5126398)

Belongings (what did they bring with them on the bus): Duffle bag, rope, razor, a large bottle of anti-depressants, two 1 gallon jugs of vodka, and $150 worth of cash (was more until he bought everything...except the anti-depressants, which his old job covered).
Personality: Normally happy or content, Entaru has slipped into a downward spiral of self-loathing and pity.
Why are they going? :  Entaru is on his last legs...unless he can turn his $150 into $50,000 or more then he has everything ready...just in case.
What are they leaving behind?: Grief, hardship, and contract killers.

Bio: Entaru's life was good for the most part.  Then his family started running into financial problems.  At first it was no big deal, Entaru got a loan and paid off the debts.  Unfortunately, that loan was "privately funded" by a local mafia.  When his employer found out that Entaru had been making deals with the mafia, he was quickly fired from his job as a Marketing Executive.  When he could no longer support his family his wife left him, taking his children with her.

Thats when things got even worse...

The interest on the loan suddenly skyrocketed until the money he owed summed up to $50,000.  With only $500 to his name, Entaru fled the big city for Las Vegas.  Knowing his luck, Entaru used most of the money on "insurance policies".  The mafia he had taken from was known for their torture and Entaru would rather end his own life quick than allow the hitmen to take their time.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 01:19:55 PM »
You two are in.  :3 I will hop to putting your sheets up at the top.  :3
x

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 02:15:31 PM »
Sounds good. :P

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 12:42:54 AM »
Name: Chrono/Saelin Blackwyng
Species: Dragon
Appearance: (http://lifeless.blogas.lt/files/2010/04/evil-dragon.jpg) Wearing a loose black shirt, and a pair of baggy black pants that were tied with an improvised chain-belt-with-lock.

Belongings (what did they bring with them on the bus): a backpack containing: butterfly knife/hair-comb, a loaded 9mm glock, and a dairy with a mechanical pencil.
Personality: An extreme version of Jeckyll-Hyde syndrome.
Why are they going? Both are on the run, but only one knows why.
What are they leaving behind? Capital Punishment, a ruined life.

Bio: Chrono Blackwyng had noticed things were off when he first entered school. He would doze off in class and wake up the next morning, feeling like he got roughed up and his parents visibly furious at him. They sent him to five psychyatrsists, none of them had any real pattern of behavior down. Then, they finally got him to a hypnotist who put Chrono to sleep, and the next thing that occoured could only be described as 'Hostile Tantrum' by the hypnotist that came out of the office with a busted lip, black eye, and long tears in his clothes.

They brought the results to another psychiatrist, whos only scientific description was an 'alternate form of bipolar syndrome'. When he explained it to Chrono, he compared Chrono to a character named 'Doctor Jekyll', and this other personality as 'Mister Hyde'. Eventually, he just cut the name to 'Jeckyll-Hyde syndrome', and dubbed it as 'Increadibly rare'.

It went into the realm of genetics as Chrono hit puberty, and the 'Hyde' half was getting curves and had an enlarged chest. This led to abuse by fellow class-mates, and also led to Saelin's, the new name of the 'Hyde' half, first murder. The cycle of ridicule and murder continued until the police finally linked the murder to Chrono, who only had a slight clue that he was involved in the murders when all of the scenes seemed vaguely familiar.

Saelin went to the bus-stop, and dozed off just in time for Chrono to wake up as the bus arrived...

I figured just to be really, really, out there... since Rigor is... not 'natural' :P

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 03:15:39 AM »
I was honestly expecting to get rejected, but this is the closest thing I can find suitable for using Rigor. I haven't used her in a while.. And I really wanted to. D:

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
You are in Chrono. And yeah Im fine with little magical add-ins like that. Or unnatural as you put it. I think all of our people are a bit extreme so it works. And yays three people. We can start soon. :D
x

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
Okay, well I can't put up your sheets where they belong now like I'd planned because the computers at school have scrolling issues, but luckily I will write up the actual RP over the weekend and we can start playing this next week. That may bring in some more people, maybe not, but either way if anyone else wants to be here they should get here before we pass the "closing" point in the story.   :o omgz.
x