The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Greetings fellow inhabitants of this ever-growing forum community of furries.  (Read 1788 times)

Offline NycramFarblitz

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • People die, art remains.
    • Awards
  • Species: fox
  • Coloring: maroon
  • Height: 6 feet or 183 cm
  • Weight: 165 pounds or 75 kg
  • Build: filiform
My my, quite formal the title isn't it? Oh well I suppose I'll dispose of it for the sake of my arrival. Anyway I'll post in here personal information and the RP one shall remain for my other posts (if I'll get enough time to visit this place again). So, let's start with the beginning and finish with the ending.  :D I'm Gainariu Rares, a slender romanian that is an exceptional singer in vast domains including opera and coloratura, my vocal range being of over 8 octaves (more specifically C0 - A8), which grants me the possibility of competing in Guiness World Records for the male with the widest vocal range. Sorry to break the dream but I'm not interested in that really, more of playing the violin and piano along performing live singing either as a bass, baritone or tenor...or why not, show my whole voice and gain some extra popularity (as if I didn't have enough).  :/ Ok I officially managed to bore you guys with this whole annoying speech but don't worry, the interesting part comes now. I work as a bartender, have a girl friend and am damn proud of my talents regarding music.  :P Now about the appearance...I have shoulder-length dark blond sand-like textured straightened hair and silvery blue eyes. My skin is white as the wall, have thin barely noticeable facial hair and the height and weight infos are the same as my fursona's. What more? I'm delighted to receive all of your replies including impressions and what not.
[/font][/color]
People envy whom they can't match...
People hate whom they envy...
People murder whom they hate...
People accept those of the same level...
Ration is worse than instinct...
Corrupted greedy people that exist...
Alter the nature and its equilibrium...
The end gets closer by each of our noxious pursuits.
Make a decision today and free everyone of humankind's physical and mental pollution. We make our own fate unconscious of the aftermath of our actions. Think before you do, for it may be too late if someone else notices instead of you. We invent our own beliefs. Limit yourself at what you can handle. Don't try and be someone who you aren't or can't be. Attempt to disregard the mean jokes and look onward at your future. Considerate these advices. And if you're still reading this I suggest you stop wasting your time with facts and apply them in real life. Good luck!

Offline FurryDreamer

• Avid Aardvark
  • Need my fursona made.Something like this.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Brown fur with a lighter coloured brown fur for some parts
  • Height: Average? Not as tall as most people. :3
  • Build: Average overweight
Well that explains your fursona. ^_^   I dont know much (or anything) about music but it sounds like your pretty talented. Nice to have you on board. :)
Hige is owned by Wolfs rain.

Offline DatFox Coleo

• Handsome Horse
  • Mordecai!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5 foot, 2 inches
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Slim, Agile
Your grammar.... It makes me feel like an idiot X3

And I beleive a baritone is an intrument.
A young man can be sent to a far away location, far from family to die for his country in the feild of battle at a certian age, but not be old enough to vote. - Myself

Offline Xavier

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
Music I enjoy yes, but usually when it's below the 90's mark. Glad to have you on the board.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Welcome to TFF!
Please follow the rules, and enjoy your time here.

A baritone is an instrument, but it is also the vocal range between bass and tenor.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
also, a grand piano barely covers 8 octaves. i'm glad you enjoy music, but that statement of yours is extremely ignorant and both upsets and insults me and many other music lovers/majors. I learned to sing before I could talk, been in music since I was 2 and have done sing coaching for close to 4 years. I had been in the ACDA national choir and regional choir for 8 straight years and have even guest directed for 2 different choirs while still in high school. I have a range that covers from bass 3 up to 2nd soprano (3 octave range). a normal piano only has 6 octaves. so what you prove to me is that your love for music only goes mediocre at best, and that you seem to live in an imaginary world.

i'm glad that you joined the forum, but you have severely insulted the music community with your claims.

Offline NycramFarblitz

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
also, a grand piano barely covers 8 octaves. i'm glad you enjoy music, but that statement of yours is extremely ignorant and both upsets and insults me and many other music lovers/majors. I learned to sing before I could talk, been in music since I was 2 and have done sing coaching for close to 4 years. I had been in the ACDA national choir and regional choir for 8 straight years and have even guest directed for 2 different choirs while still in high school. I have a range that covers from bass 3 up to 2nd soprano (3 octave range). a normal piano only has 6 octaves. so what you prove to me is that your love for music only goes mediocre at best, and that you seem to live in an imaginary world.

i'm glad that you joined the forum, but you have severely insulted the music community with your claims.
I beg your pardon? Do you have any kind of plausible evidence to prove the contrary? No. Have you ever met or listened to singers who actually have a vocal range of over 6 octaves? It doesn't seem.
Georgia Brown, holder of 2 vocal records in guiness book for the female with the widest vocal range G2 - G10 (8 octaves). She is brasilian.
Adam Lopez, holder of 1 vocal record in guiness book for the male with the widest vocal range (also 8 octaves but the interval hasn't been verified although the current tested one is Eb2 - Eb8). He is american.
Nicola Sedda, hasn't been recognized as a holder of the vocal record for the male's highest note and widest vocal range although he surpasses Adam Lopez with 3 notes, meaning a total of 8 octaves and 3 notes E1 - A9. Why? Because he's an unpopular case like me, not being introduced in the famous world of Hollywood. He is italian.
I strongly recommend you search these people on youtube and view some of their songs and also for certain information please consult wikipedia or related sites. Until now only these 3 people have been acknowledged of having their vocal ranges of 8 or over octaves. And as I previously said, there are many more to discover. Only because I didn't show on Americas's channels that doesn't mean I don't have this vocal range C0 - A8. I can even prove it to you if you give me your email or something. I'll just start a conference with you on the microphone and sing from my lowest to my highest note perfectly. How will you react then? When you'll see how immature and pathetic you are to argue upon my personal statistics that I yet agreed to share with the internet? And to be honest, I got sick of people like you always questioning my stats on the internet as if I'm a lier or a potential one. They all end up the same...they don't believe, until I show them and thus they epically fail. Also, what's with these strong words Mr. moderator or what are you? You should be the more understanding type of person that is always calm and positive. What's with this hostile behavior of yours? If you really have the guts to continue this pointless discussion I urge you to call me on my computer and see who's lying. Do you really think that posting there all of your rewards gained in your musical career intimidates me? I could do the same here but it would take me about a whole week to write down all of my accomplishments. You're the one full of yourself, not I. You should be ashamed of yourself for insulting me like that pretending that I'm the one with the inaccurate facts. And thank you once again, you just showed me how worthy the people on forums especially higher ranked ones are. I made an extremely bad impression of you and if you dare to accuse me again I'll make negative advertising about this site and if needed, I'll even sue you. Have a nice day.  >:(
Make a decision today and free everyone of humankind's physical and mental pollution. We make our own fate unconscious of the aftermath of our actions. Think before you do, for it may be too late if someone else notices instead of you. We invent our own beliefs. Limit yourself at what you can handle. Don't try and be someone who you aren't or can't be. Attempt to disregard the mean jokes and look onward at your future. Considerate these advices. And if you're still reading this I suggest you stop wasting your time with facts and apply them in real life. Good luck!

Offline DatFox Coleo

• Handsome Horse
  • Mordecai!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5 foot, 2 inches
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Slim, Agile
o.o Ummm
A young man can be sent to a far away location, far from family to die for his country in the feild of battle at a certian age, but not be old enough to vote. - Myself

Offline Takarah Luna

• Dorky Therian Chick
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • Just me... Plain and simple...
    • Awards
  • Species: plain 'ol wolf
  • Coloring: black and silver with a rainbow striped tail
  • Height: Five feet, ten inches
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: Medium to skinny-ish and tall
 o.O    Okay... Welcome to the forums... I'm Takarah Luna Ravei... My name full translated into English is...  Treasure/precious  Moon  Ravei(I don't know what Ravei means)  but for simplicity's sake, call me Luna or TLR.
Proud wolf therian and furry!!!
My DA= http://pistolvaunwulf.deviantart.com/

"IMMA FIRIN MY LAZAR!!! BLAAAAAARRGH!!!"
-the lazer collection (best youtube video(s) ever!)

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
 :o Quite the mouth full of words...You must be vary talented indeed but...I am sorry, I know I have never heard your art of music.
Any who, welcome to the forums.  I am to assume you will be hoping around the music and RP sections.  Correct me if I am wrong please.  And now you can laugh at my fail attempt at talking fancy.

Just know I welcome you and hope you enjoy your stay.
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Greetings fellow inhabitants of this ever-growing forum community of furries.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 09:16:43 PM »
My impression is that of a wimpy ninny. :P
Sike, naw. You're cool, can you do those bottle tricks?

(Hands a box of candy cigarettes)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Greetings fellow inhabitants of this ever-growing forum community of furries.
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:30:21 PM »

I beg your pardon? Do you have any kind of plausible evidence to prove the contrary? No. Have you ever met or listened to singers who actually have a vocal range of over 6 octaves? It doesn't seem.
Georgia Brown, holder of 2 vocal records in guiness book for the female with the widest vocal range G2 - G10 (8 octaves). She is brasilian.
Adam Lopez, holder of 1 vocal record in guiness book for the male with the widest vocal range (also 8 octaves but the interval hasn't been verified although the current tested one is Eb2 - Eb8). He is american.
Nicola Sedda, hasn't been recognized as a holder of the vocal record for the male's highest note and widest vocal range although he surpasses Adam Lopez with 3 notes, meaning a total of 8 octaves and 3 notes E1 - A9. Why? Because he's an unpopular case like me, not being introduced in the famous world of Hollywood. He is italian.
I strongly recommend you search these people on youtube and view some of their songs and also for certain information please consult wikipedia or related sites. Until now only these 3 people have been acknowledged of having their vocal ranges of 8 or over octaves. And as I previously said, there are many more to discover. Only because I didn't show on Americas's channels that doesn't mean I don't have this vocal range C0 - A8. I can even prove it to you if you give me your email or something. I'll just start a conference with you on the microphone and sing from my lowest to my highest note perfectly. How will you react then? When you'll see how immature and pathetic you are to argue upon my personal statistics that I yet agreed to share with the internet? And to be honest, I got sick of people like you always questioning my stats on the internet as if I'm a lier or a potential one. They all end up the same...they don't believe, until I show them and thus they epically fail. Also, what's with these strong words Mr. moderator or what are you? You should be the more understanding type of person that is always calm and positive. What's with this hostile behavior of yours? If you really have the guts to continue this pointless discussion I urge you to call me on my computer and see who's lying. Do you really think that posting there all of your rewards gained in your musical career intimidates me? I could do the same here but it would take me about a whole week to write down all of my accomplishments. You're the one full of yourself, not I. You should be ashamed of yourself for insulting me like that pretending that I'm the one with the inaccurate facts. And thank you once again, you just showed me how worthy the people on forums especially higher ranked ones are. I made an extremely bad impression of you and if you dare to accuse me again I'll make negative advertising about this site and if needed, I'll even sue you. Have a nice day.  >:(

How about this...
You both need to stop being rude to each other or both of you will receive a warning.
Yes, I know Shinzuu started it and he shouldn't have talked to you like that, Nycram, but it doesn't make your response to it any more acceptable.
Do not threaten to say negative things about this site just because ONE member wasn't very nice to you. (And Shinzuu is not a moderator, just a regular member.)

This is a welcome thread and that's exactly what it's for, welcoming.
Thank you to everyone else for staying out of the drama.

Anyway, welcome again.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:32:24 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 11:50:58 PM »
Hey ! Welcome to TFF  ^_^

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:10 PM »
Yip, yip Gainariu Rares! Welcome to the forum!
Im Timmy the foxy, the only Royal Cutefox around here hehe... and i never say no to get a new friend btw ;)

And really? 8 octaves :o
I cant even sing 1 clear note :$
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:09:57 PM by Timmy the Foxy »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline NycramFarblitz

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 08:13:26 AM »
I've been born with opera music and start singing right after I could talk up to now every single day, even humming during lunches. Since primary school I got the post of lead singer along the chorus of a near church. During general school my vocal range then of only 2 octaves increased to 4 as I began performing firstly classic music, then jazz and finally opera. In between those I attempted to sing screamo/emo then death metal or black emtal with growls and deep voice and eventually goth. At the last year of general school my vocal range was of 6 octaves and during the high school years it increased even further and have been acknowledged as a rarity of music in the very point where I could sing from the triple low C up to the triple high C. In the 2nd year of high school which I went into now, I was recognized as the youngest singer with the widest vocal range ever met and got an international certificate. My lowest note now is a C0 which would be a forth low C...so low frequency that most of the people can't even hear it, and my highest is a A8 that means a forth high A...so high frequency that analogue-wise, only dogs can hear it. However showbiz was too much for me so I didn't apply for Guiness Book. My current registers are these:
Vocal fry/lower register: C0 - D2
Chest voice/higher register: Eb2 - Eb6
Head voice/falsetto register: E3 - E6
Super head voice/whistle register: E6 - A8
And Timmy, if you want advices on how you could improve your vocal range then here's some:
Eat unbaked eggs every morning, like just crack the shell and drink the liquid.
Exercise as many times as you can without pushing your voice or trying to hit a high or low note that you can't...train your voice graduate step-by-step.
Also when singing or just vocalizing don't bump your chin and tendons of your neck, it won't help if you want the respective note to be more powerful.
Have a firm body position when doing so as in stand up with your back straight and let it go naturally.
For further info search on google or request help from your music teacher or a specialist.
 :)