The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your bond to your fursona?  (Read 850 times)

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Your bond to your fursona?
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:35:40 AM »
Well, I started thinking about how close I actually am to my fursona. To me, Feralfox isn't just my character, my fursona. He is ME! My thoughts, my feelings, everything I want to be, a very important part of myself, we are the same person.
I've never considered myself to be like a fox stuck in a human body or something like that. However, I cant say that I have split/multiple personalities, but it feels like my fursona is a big part of myself.

In other words, I feel a VERY VERY strong bond to my fursona, stronger than I can explain and stronger than several other furs bonds to their fursonas (however, thats just my opinions and guesses).

Well, I just wanna ask, how do you feel about your bond to your fursonas?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:02:20 PM by Timmy the Foxy »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
Re: Your bond to your fursona?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:52:52 AM »
It's a representation of myself, but I dont have a great bond to him because he's a fabrication of my own design. I dont get close to my own characters.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline DatFox Coleo

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Mordecai!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5 foot, 2 inches
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Slim, Agile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:22 AM »
I can relate to an arctic fox (My fursona) A LOT
A young man can be sent to a far away location, far from family to die for his country in the feild of battle at a certian age, but not be old enough to vote. - Myself

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:36:11 AM »
The only big difference between my fursona and me is..fur, muzzle, ears, and tail.  I based my fursona off of me so...relations are vary vary close...ehe..just remove the magic and regeneration and yea
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:56 PM »
Yes! I have realized I am VERY close to my fursona. So close that I pretty much see myself as her! I've even got used to her name, and when I see or hear my real name it seems weird. That's probably not a good thing, but it's the truth. I don't think I'll ever legally change my name to Lita, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable being called that rather than my actual name.

But anyway, it's the same as what Buddy said. Lita is me, but as an anthropomorphic lynx-bear hybrid. Her personality is who I see myself as and who I want to be.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:56:38 PM by Lita Julgaupe »

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
I've even got used to her name, and when I see or hear my real name it seems weird. That's probably not a good thing, but it's the truth. I don't think I'll ever legally change my name to Lita, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable being called that rather than my actual name.
Yah, not too often anyone calls me it, but i usually feel pretty comforable with being called something like foxy, that relates more to my fursona than myself.
But in overall however, i just LOVE nicknames, especially the cute ones :3
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:54:27 PM by Timmy the Foxy »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Crevan Fox

• Kuddly Kitten
  • The Neon Arctic Foxy
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: Neon Green (On feet, paws, both ears, tip of tail and stomach), White (Everywhere else). All green parts are togglable bioluminescent
  • Height: Anthro: 1.85 m; Feral: 25 cm
  • Weight: Anthro: 82 kg; Feral: 3.5 kg
  • Build: Fluffy
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 11:43:53 PM »
I've even got used to her name, and when I see or hear my real name it seems weird. That's probably not a good thing, but it's the truth. I don't think I'll ever legally change my name to Lita, but I'm starting to feel more comfortable being called that rather than my actual name.
Yah, not too often anyone calls me it, but i usually feel pretty comforable with being called something like foxy, that relates more to my fursona than myself.
But in overall however, i just LOVE nicknames, especially the cute ones :3

Lawl, Everyone calls me Foxy XD

I feel very attached to my fursona, attached enough to make sure i get called Foxy by EVERYONE. I guess i just love mine so much because of it's colour's and it's face and well just everything. I can relate to it

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 01:25:18 AM »
I'm very much like mine, I think of us as one, not as him being me or other way around. It's just me  :/
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
I'm very much like mine, I think of us as one, not as him being me or other way around. It's just me  :/
Thats about how i feel too, if i would get a question like "If you would meet your fursona IRL ..." I would find that a pretty weird question since we are the same person.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 04:19:16 AM »
My fursona is my personality, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he is me, more so who I am inside and who I aspire to become on the outside.
One thing I like about making characters is that I can do anything I want to them.
I want to learn more about languages and cultures, explore the world, well my fursona speaks over 46 languages and has been to many places, even different realms of existence.
I've been to a few states in the U.S. and only speak English and broken French.
My fursona is lean but isn't buff or anything.
I have a little more weight than I'd like...
My fursona has powers over ice and lives in an icy tundra.
I have no powers and live in a mild climate.
My fursona has both the evolutionary advantage of a Siberian Tiger and a human, making him pretty awesome.
I'm simply a human, I don't have problems since we're pretty dominant as a species and we don't really have to worry, and we have more time to think, but being anthro is just something that would be awesome.
Even personality wise my fursona is much calmer and has more power controlling his temper than real life me (well, not many people get to see me mad really but I just have a feeling he could take more)

So even though my fursona is my general personality, he's also more of what I'd like to be.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »
@ timmy-  I would die lol, I would be like "its you" and we both point, and I don't know what would happent from there, maybe something along the lines of a small quarl to see who is more dormant or something a little more, fun idk >>

@bro- so your fursona is you just a little wiser, so possibly older, we all give them something we don't have, like I don't have the abbilty to go in the fade, I hardly ever get to go there :(. But I do have the abilty to control ppls minds, in a certin aspect of looking at it :P
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Karma Moonshadow

• Chatty Cheetah
  • The blood of the wicked is my life support.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure white
  • Height: 5' 9"
  • Weight: Light
  • Build: Lithe and wiry
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 07:19:54 AM »
Dander is pretty much both who I am and who I'd like to be. She has all of my personality traits but is more bold and outgoing than I am in real life. In that area she is the internet-me, who I am when I'm not face to face with someone.
She is also an exaggeration of the real life traits I have that are unusual, such as my crazy sense of humor. Because hers doesn't need to be contained within sensible limits.
But also, she is on the outside the things I am only on the inside. She is an outlet of my contained emotions or even the ones I don't understand. For example her being nocturnal is a reflection on the strange things spring or fall night air does to me. She is everything I am on the inside and wish I could be on the outside.
...So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean, if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?

- Disturbed, "Divide"

Offline Cody Allen

• Avid Aardvark
  • Lone Wolf
    • My FA music
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and white
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: Average build. Nothing special.
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 01:50:56 PM »
Well, I share such a bond with my fursona I use the "Lone Wolf" handle and Cody Allen pen name for my music creation.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2010, 12:36:55 PM »
I've always had a soft spot for my fursona. A sweet little bunnycorn who keeps his eyes halfway closed all the time and lives in a dumpster. A really cute idea. ...But other then that, Benny is just a character to me. I don't actually think I'm Benny, nor do I want to be. Although personality wise, Benny does share my assertiveness. By now, I'm surprised no one at this forum has complained to me that I "barely count as a furry."

Offline Morticia

• Vibrating Furby
  • COLLECT AND SUBMIT.
    • Morticia's FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Virginia Opossum
  • Coloring: Black/Gray/White
  • Height: 5'6"
  • Weight: 185lbs
  • Build: Chubby
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
Bwahaha-- I love my Fursona and I feel super connected to her. Even so much as to say I have a sort of split-personality disorder at times. I prefer to be called Mort or Possum, honestly, but I like my human self as well. I do not believe I am a Therian, I'd just love to be a Opossum for a day or two. :) Maybe at will? Haha.
--Quoth The Opossum