The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Portal 2  (Read 4040 times)

Offline julioissk84life

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I make the impossible easy
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Fox
  • Coloring: black red gray green eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 115
  • Build: sexy
Portal 2
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:49:27 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THiN8szSKM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq2mZoKkqMw&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGlyQmmvj0w&feature=channel
THIS LOOKS AMAZING cannot wait for portal 2. I think we put our differences behind us for science you monster ^_^.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Portal 2
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:02:36 PM »
Yes, portal 2 definitely looks brilliant, and Valve can generally be relied on. They're not verging from their normal formula of focused innovation and story telling, so this should be quite excellent.

Erik Wolpaw is a master of games writing.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:23:15 PM »
Comes out next year I am told.  hope that's incorrect.  :?
I love portal. portal 2 will be like...the best game ever! till Rage comes out then it will be the best mind game ever!
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:17:17 PM »
It is coming out next year, and the press release announcing the delay was great :

VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD

June 9, 2010 — Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.

Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won’t instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.

“Also, the game will be even better,” they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.

To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD’S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve’s delegate to the EU’s Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2010, 12:13:29 AM »
Ha!  I predicted the use of the "paint" dynamic almost a full year ago.  Valve hired a student group who used that concept from DigiPen college.  The only other time they did that was with the development team of "Narbacular Drop," another student game that formed the basic premise for the first Portal.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »
I sooooo can't wait for this game, Valve is full of perfectionists So it's gonna be good <3
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »
Ha!  I predicted the use of the "paint" dynamic almost a full year ago.  Valve hired a student group who used that concept from DigiPen college.  The only other time they did that was with the development team of "Narbacular Drop," another student game that formed the basic premise for the first Portal.
Actually, they didn't just use the basic premise of Narbacular drop, but the only developers of portal were those 7 students... with Erik Wolpaw doing the writing, and occasionally people would jump in and see how they were doing.

Valve like doing this kind of thing. Tiny teams on tiny projects, like the new freeware game coming out, Alien Swarm. They hired the two guys who made the original mod for UT2004, and set them to work on it for 2 years. At the same time, these two guys worked on L4D2 and Portal2

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 03:49:30 AM »
No one can deny that Valve is good at what they do.

Offline julioissk84life

• Avid Aardvark
  • I make the impossible easy
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Fox
  • Coloring: black red gray green eyes
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 115
  • Build: sexy
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
No one can deny that Valve is good at what they do.
No lie there

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:29:42 PM »
Indeed valve is not a lie... terrible, but I too am excited about portal 2. If you have it for steam try viewing the ending movie again, you will notice that they changed it so it's a smooth transition to portal 2. What really amazes me the most about valve are two things. They will hire random people with great ideas, and the fact they can write such an epic and mind blowing story that no one can predict as easily as Halo or any other popular fps games. You actually have to gather random facts and make a guess.
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 10:49:31 PM »
Indeed valve is not a lie... terrible, but I too am excited about portal 2. If you have it for steam try viewing the ending movie again, you will notice that they changed it so it's a smooth transition to portal 2. What really amazes me the most about valve are two things. They will hire random people with great ideas, and the fact they can write such an epic and mind blowing story that no one can predict as easily as Halo or any other popular fps games. You actually have to gather random facts and make a guess.
Environmental storytelling. It's what games were made for :)

Offline tangletail

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: Grey and black
  • Height: 6' 9&quot; dued to long animalistic like hind legs
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: leath and lanky
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 11:32:53 PM »
Its how games should be made, not the entire story being spoon fed to you verbally to explain the destruction. So far from what I seen, only bioware, valve, nintendo has done it right  >:(
I can givz u Triforce? ♥
  ▲
▲ ▲

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:52:56 PM »
You should play more eastern european and russian games, like STALKER, Pathologic and things like that.

Offline wastelander16

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: RedOrange, White, and Black
  • Height: 6ft 10in
  • Build: Slim but stronger than he looks
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
Cant Wait fore portal 2, and I better get some Cake this time >:3 lol