The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: When life gives you lemons....  (Read 989 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: When life gives you lemons....
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »
im not gonna submit a line, but later on today I'll do your line Sain, after the World Cup game that is

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
XD nice ok
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »
When life gives you lemons...Put it on a fish fillet( fish is good with lemon on it  ^_^)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
Does any one read rules  >:(

Offline Moonraiser

• The Nightwalker
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • youtube
    • Awards
  • Species: Werewolf
  • Coloring: Black fur
  • Height: 6 Feet
  • Weight: 180 lbs.
  • Build: lean
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
psshh who needs rules when you can have lemons with fish!

Offline Leogon7 Coleo

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • improved avatar, probably not finnished yet
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Neon green (on paws, muzzle, tip of tail and ears), White (everywhere there isn't neon green), (Note, When in Feral my whole underside is Neon Green and also the green glows in the dark)
  • Height: Anthro: 6'0'' Feral: 1'2''
  • Weight: Anthro: 120lbs Feral: 18lbs
  • Build: Strong, fast, Fluffy
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
[When life gives you lemons/size]
It was the year 2094 a violent zombie-like plague had devastated the world.
There were only underground societies left and they were each having continual security breaches, the worst of it was resource's running short.

The plague destroyed most of the natural animal life, simply because animals were the primary source of food for all, infected or not.
Plant life had become abundant on the surface of earth for two reasons, 1st was no infected had desire2 eat plants of any kind.
2nd, because most plants had become infected by the virus which meant that they couldn't be eaten without infecting the eater.
The established trademark for all infected plants Were a series of distinct red and vein like lines that developed on the plants, Where animals were concerned red eyes were common along with severely distorted flesh colouring as if severely bruised, for most creatures larger claws and teeth were also prominent.

Scientists who had the remaining research on the virus were made to work everyday, most of them being responsible for its development and only being kept alive in exchange 4 constant work.

The Scientists had teams of elite military units most of whom had not only survived initial attacks, but had also helped others survive as well, most of the forces were made up by these and were often given many more responsibilities being able to get things done.
Beyond that the only other help was talented or committed civilian survivors although they were scarce.

I was on a military op collecting samples from various plants and our team was suddenly overrun, As the survivors scattered I tripped into an infected, grazing my arm, I got away but I knew that it meant the infection had gotten me, I was as good as dead.

As the chaos died down and the bullets stopped being fired I had made my way to a field, a lemon field.
I radioed in for help, but I knew even before they said it, there would be a 24 hour period before help could arrive.
I knew what it meant, the virus was known to take only 12 hours to turn non-inflected even if the wound is minor.

I lay in the lemon field for a few hours thinking about whether or not to shoot myself and prevent the virus turning me, but I couldn't do it, I couldn't end my own life, I looked at my arm noticing the classic red lines developing from the gash and onwards as the time went on I quickly grew very hungry.

I had resisted my temptation to eat any plants because I knew that it could speed up the rate of infection, but thinking about food made me look more closely at the lemons, they were clearly infected by the virus but something was different about them, it wasn't long before I realised what made them so unusual, the lines on them weren't red, they were blue!

I had not seen that before, not in any variants or developments of the virus, I had no idea that the lines could vary in colour, It was not long before I couldn't help but devour some of the fruit as I was beginning to starve, it was not long after that that I passed out.

I woke up, I didn't know how long I was asleep and I didn't expect to wake up.
I got up, feeling strange, I looked at my hands, my left hand resembled the hand of a typical and fully infected hand but my right hand was different, it looked normal except for a few of its veins standing out in a deeper blue.

I became curious, I looked at the graze that I had earlier, The wounds infection had moved down my forearm and taken a full effect on my hand, but it had been stopped by what looked like a purple series of veins followed by more of the blue veins.

I pulled off my helmet and looked at my reflection in the plastic front, my face hadn't deformed but my eyes were different, they weren't red, instead they were purple! I looked again at the fruit I had eaten, the lemons.

It was then that I realised the fruit had somehow made an alternate strain of the virus that didn't destroy the mind of its victim while at the same time being an effective cure for the virus, It was then that I thought about the traits of a typical infect-tee, increased strength , the ability to regenerate and in some cases extreme speed. there were many other varied benefits to the infect-tee's but these were the most common and what we were trained to fight against.

I noticed as I examined my surroundings and returned to the site that there was a victim of the normal virus, he was in the third stage of infection which normally takes about eight hours to start, I realised how quickly the lemons must have infected me, I acted fast collecting more than a few lemons and forcing him to eat them, it was all I could do to help him and after forcing him to eat one, he ate another by his own will passing into unconsciousness shortly afterwards.

I sniffed the air and listened carefully, I sensed a multitude of nearby presences some who were infect-tee's and some who weren't.
Throughout the rest of the day I gathered those who weren't infected and led them to the lemon field, for some reason the infected didn't go there.

The following day a retrieval helicopter unit came for us, I closely examined the infect-tee who I had given the lemons, I wasn't sure if they would work in the same way, I wasn't even sure if I had acted to late, waking him up quickly answered my question,  He acted fairly normal examining the wound that he had which by now had completely healed, his wound had been left replaced by a much larger amount of purple lines, perhaps because of how much longer the normal infection had taken effect.

When getting back to base I filed the report and collected a multitude of samples and filed a report claiming a cure to the virus, Instead of telling them that I was the first to be cured I hid that information and instead told them about the one who I saved by choosing to test the fruit as a cure, after much research the scientist concluded that for some reason when the lemons were infected with the virus they changed it into what the virus what supposed to be, a super human enhancer drug.

It was in the following months that the inoculations were given to all who were uninfected, It was also discovered that the new virus could kill any of the infected who came into contact with it. Before the end of the year an air borne strain of the virus was released into the worlds atmosphere.

It only took 4 years to completely eradicate the entire planets infected population and it was not long after that the world was quickly reclaimed by the survivors who were named the new humans to commemorate the discovery of the lemons and the virus they created.

So to answer the question, When life gives you lemons, you save the world and become famous for destroying a plague that would have in any other case destroyed everything.
Aivstop ;) and i am otherkin,
I am my scalie

Offline Niala Ornitier

• Liquid Crystal Queen
  • Handsome Horse
  • I feel primitive XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender Tigrepard (just a tiger with a snow leopard's tail)
  • Coloring: Different shades of subtle purple
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 116 kg
  • Build: A normal build of fluffy and agile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 06:11:08 PM »
where's the quote o.O i wanted to make a stowyyy D: :(

Never look at your life as something insignificant. Never forget those friends of yours that you loved. - Natsu Dragneel

Offline Leogon7 Coleo

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Neon green (on paws, muzzle, tip of tail and ears), White (everywhere there isn't neon green), (Note, When in Feral my whole underside is Neon Green and also the green glows in the dark)
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
Sorry if I forgot  :(
(gives karma) Just thought it was writin a story bout lemons 0:)
I am my scalie

Offline Niala Ornitier

• Liquid Crystal Queen
  • Handsome Horse
  • I feel primitive XD
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2010, 06:15:51 PM »
haha, yes and no to that, read the rulesies again, you gotta put a quotey thingy at the end of your story for the next person to write a story, and then your story has to be about the person aboves's you's quote thingy :3

Never look at your life as something insignificant. Never forget those friends of yours that you loved. - Natsu Dragneel

Offline Leogon7 Coleo

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »
Ok well if you need a quote try this on for size!
"When life gives you lemons the world becomes addicted to them"
I am my scalie

Offline Niala Ornitier

• Liquid Crystal Queen
  • Handsome Horse
  • I feel primitive XD
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »
*groans* Fiiinne XD

The Queen's Wish.

One afternoon, Amalura, a princess went to a chapel and prayed to the gods for a new item. One she's heard of, never seen. The god she prayed to was actually a cricket, a cricket named Opha. Amalura asked the cricket if she could be granted her wish. Her wish for a lifetime everlasting supply of this item. Of lemons. a few weeks later Amalura got her wish as oddly enough, a home depo trucker brought a lemon to her door.
"Amalura?"
"Yes, that's me peasant"
".....riiiight... i have here one wish from.. Opha?"
"Opha??? GIMME!"
The princess took the package with the lemon inside and slammed the door in a rush to get to her throne, she unwrapped the package and looked at the lemon.
"what on my venus?... i asked for the item!!! not a... yellow thing!" she threw the lemon across the room and after a few moments ran to pick it up and started to caress it. "I'm sorry... i didn't mean it..." She looked at it, smelt it, licked it. It tasted funny, but addictive. She began to eat it, bite after bite she winced almost at how sour it was and then couldn't stop...The taste... was so good ...so yummy. Amalura stopped and cried at the end.
"I ate my lemon friend!!!! " she cried to herself, then, her wish kicked in, anotherlemon appeared on her bed and she yelled for joy.
"i must share this with everyone!" she asked her servants to go around giving everyone a taste of the lemon... ssomehow it spread to countries afar, and soon the world. It was on the news, news of how addictive the yellow fruit was. Amalura became famous and won awards... prizes and shared her donations to charity. Opha passed away when the wish was granted, but he became apart of the peculiar fruit... he was multiplying with the lemons. It became such a craving to all, people stopped buying other foods so they could afford lemons lemons lemons!!!
Soon Chaos... rthousands began to drop dead from the malnurishment and Amalura grew tired of her lemon obsession, she was alive. "I think i want to try me a CHEEEEEEEEZEBURGER!"
She ran outside and began to pry to Ophelia, Opha's sister..

Lol, okay, "when life gives you lemons, the apocolypse soon follows"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:20:35 PM by Niala Ornitier »

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 04:45:01 PM »
-_- why is it when sain puts a quote some person, who dose not fell like reading the rules comes along and skips him D:< , niala ill do your later

Post Merge: June 29, 2010, 12:50:09 AM
Hollow words

In the samll town where I lived in nothing ever happened, and nothing ever changed. Every day at 3:15 as I left my school yard, mr.hobo box man would wake up in some over dramatical maner.
"The skys will rain the fruit of yellow and the wrath of hell soon will folow" he would always cry, then some how he would change the subject to something else. It wasn't odd for him to cry out murder or even rape for no good reason. I'm sure he was correct in some way I'm sure evey time he cried something, something of its maner was going on in the world. That's the world that we live in and its a sad but true statement. Yellow fruit raining followed by hells wrath, I'm not any kind of genuis but I'm pretty sure that dosent ever hapen. It always made me wonder why he would always start his crying, or as hell called it "preaching" with such an omnious and unlikely "vision". One day I felt that I was the only one that might actually grow some and ask him and I did as such. I rember how odd it felt, as I approached he cocked his head and looked at me. Well I woudnt say he just looked at me, he only had one eye on me the other "wandered".
"The child of the ignorant comes to me with a qury he has pondered for some time now" I stoped when he said that I'm sure it was an obvious thing but it was still a littl creppy that he knew what I wanted. I continued to walk closer and unlike him I watched him with both eyes.
"Mr.Hobo box man" I asked it was odd addresing some one with such a name but that's what every one called hime, he seemed to enjoy it so he went along with it and it just became his name. "Why do you always tell us of the rain of yellow fruit and the hells wrath" his smile fell into a serious face and his other eye looked at me too.
"Child I'm sorry but that question is to late to answer just see and you will know" he then handed me a horribly draen map and said stay with loved ones to night and bring them there. My friends only laughed when I came back, that night we where going to go camping. The following moring I woke with the scent of lemon in the air and the sound of something pounding on the tent.
"What the hell is that" one of my wakeing friend said.
"There lemons" one of my friends said as he picked one up "alright this shit isn't funny who the hell did this" he ran out side and we all followed "hey was it you asshole" he said as he threw it at some man in a tree. The lemon missed and spleted on the tree, the man smiled and overly large smile and screached. The high pitch sound hurt my ears and when I looked up the man was jumping from the tree. He landed infront of my friend, that was at least a sixty feet jump and a 4 story drop.
"What the he-" my friend was saying, untill the mans smile droped off his face and he grabed my friends face. He life him up at least nine feet in the air. My freinds screams in agnoy as the man squeezes his head. I wanted to help him, but... I couldn't move... I was... scared. Blood started to drip from his ears and he stoped moveing... the mans hand shifted into some kinf of sycth... he behaed my friend, all I could rember is what the hobo had said...

I didn't want it to be over long and not to graphic but yea comments pls

When life gives you lemons, suck it up and take them
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:50:09 AM by Self-sain »