Author Topic: Do you think the future could be like Star wars....  (Read 1784 times)

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
Do you think the future could be like Star wars....
« on: May 30, 2010, 02:10:37 AM »
...or something of that type. Do you believe in the future things will be insanely high tech and we will be living on other planets and meeting aliens and moving through space at warp speed? Just crap like that, do you think it will be possible. Things like cars seemed impossible a hundred years ago but look now, do you think we're gonna keep goin' like that or do you think there's a limit to how far we can get? Is the future flying cars and living in the Andromeda galaxy? What do you think, opinions, facts, randomly awesome ideas, whatever you've got, do you think the future will be awesome, and how much longer?
As I forgot to answer my own question I say maybe in around 100 years things like flying cars and insanely high-tech electronics will be around and within 1000 we might even be in other galaxies. I think it will take a while though no matter how quickly we're moving.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Do you think the future could be like Star wars....
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 03:23:18 AM »
Firstly:

Things like cars seemed impossible a hundred years ago
Check your history :P

But as for your question, I think that progress in technology is inevitable and unstoppable, unless we go instinct or all knowledge is lost or something like that, before we can achieve those goals.
But certain things will take longer than others.
FTL travel is absurd and if we ever manage it, it wont be for a looooooong time.
Flying cars are much more reasonable, as is commercial space flight and a moon tourist facility and things like that.
As for interplanetary travel, unless we either sort out cryogenics, or sort out FTL travel, it's a massive impracticality and is generally pointless, because the nearest planets are dead or inhospitable and take many years to get there.
Living in other galaxies, again, FTL travel.

High tech electronics... well we're already breaching from the age of information into the age of mastery of that information when it comes to such things like robots, GPS, self driving cars, superhuman advancement suits, virtual reality, holographic technology, artificial intelligence and things like that. 20-30 years into the future, who knows what's going to happen? The rich, modernised, globalised countries of technology will change its inhabitants forever. In 10 years, look around, and see how much technology is in a box of cereal, or a newspaper (if they exist in that format anymore).
Video bus adverts, contact lenses displaying information on your health, games that prevent world hunger, hold back the waste of fossil fuels. Wireless electricity throughout your home. No cables going into the socket for anything ever again. All this could be a reality in 3 years... though probably won't be common knowledge for a while.

What I want to know is, when are we going to get a dimensional perception device, to be able to percieve the dimensions we don't even know exist yet.

Also, time travel. Technically a time travel device already exists, sending one partical back to the time when the machine was first activated... but it's useless to us right now. The same goes for teleportation technology.

Oh and just a nice little extra, laser guns already exist to superheat missiles and things like that. and there's research into tasers that apparently shoots through a beam of light, but i'm not sure of the specifics. Also there's the guns that only respond to their owner.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:25:05 AM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 03:40:05 AM »
Firstly:

Things like cars seemed impossible a hundred years ago
Check your history :P

I actually just guessed a number, didn't want to research that much  :/

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
I think the future could be like star wars yes. 
On teh news...or was it internet...dunt remember but they have invented a plasma knife.  thats like the first step to a light saber.  also, construction workers have machines like the big walkers from hoth just...not that big. they are used to move cut down trees.  Evilness right thar.

As for hover cars and all the planets and species mixed like tht...yea will probably be a vary long time from now...whats more than thousands of centuries?
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 04:22:07 AM »
While I agree that Star wars is possible, the ability to make a solid beam of energy without something keeping it from stretching to possible infinity... is either at least a life-time away, or never gonna happen. Its the same with the blasters, which fire a single 'rod' of energy that can apparently travel slower than light...

I'm a pessimist when it comes to reality...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »
I actually just guessed a number, didn't want to research that much  :/
I thought it was common knowledge that a hundred years ago, we had the motor car. Quite a few people had the motor car. People were starting to fly back then.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:33:31 PM »
I think our technology will keep evolving, creating improvements and discovering new forms of communication, transportation, energy production etc, just like it has been doing the past century.

Take a look at your (smart)phone for example. Compare that to the first mobile phone's wich started to appear half a century ago.
Or your PC which increased in processing speed from 22mhz to 3Ghz in about the same time.
And ofcourse technology like NavStar\GPS (or its new european counterpart, Galileo GPS) which where unthinkeble 60 years ago.

Not only that, you also see more and more things being automated in homes (Domotica) and also in industrial settings like production lines etc,
where things like robotics and Vision systems are making their appearance.

And dont forget the tests that are being done by organisations like CERN and EFDA/JET.

So i think we should come very far in the next 100 years, that is, if we dont run out of oil or kill everything on the planet with CO2 etc.

-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
if the future was like Star Wars

Massive Reballion
A super Racist/Sexist Empire in power
The Force
Magicial orders of Warrior-Monks
Laser Blasters
Blaster Blasters
Disruptor Blasters
Swords of pure energy made from some random crystal
Monsters of various shapes and sizes
Cloned armies/Robot armies
Crime running rampant
A planet of deserts with some fat slug named Jabba
Wookies

yea, the Future's looking good

Offline Kristian002

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Border Collie
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: About 5'10
  • Weight: Standard
  • Build: Standard
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
If you ask me, I say things were like Star Wars a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

I think the future will be more like Back to the Future 2... you know... quirky and fun and stuff.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:29 AM »
I guess the future could remind a lot of some science fiction movies, but, it'd be alot more realistic XD
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 02:20:24 PM »
My mate is convinced that Star Trek IS the future.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
I really hope not, I like being in control of myself still and having guns that use bullets not lasers >_>. However a plasma butterfly knife that only cuts people not supposed to use it would be AWESOME.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline FelixFox

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6' 2"
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 09:44:24 PM »
technically Star Wars was in the past  :P

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 09:49:19 PM »
Please do not revive threads where the last post is over two weeks old without permission from a moderator.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.