The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Flotilla  (Read 19201 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
The Flotilla
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
(check ooc first before posting http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=11711.msg483979#new)

The Migrant Fleet hyperjumped to the Vahallan Threshold system and to the Raheel-Leyya star cluster. Soon after setting the ships to anchor, the Fleet now began the ardous process of using the cluster's twin suns to recharge their solar batteries. These batteries powered the ships when fuel was scarce and handled many internal systems. It was necessary to recharge them once in awhile.

The Conclave has decreed that any returning from Pilgrimage must report to the Rayya to meet with the captain of the ship they wish to join. The Rayya was recently made as the new home of the Conclave, and in a show of power they moved the Pilgrimage location to the ship as well. It's probably better that way. The Rayya is one of the fleet's few Liveships, capable of growing crops and helping to sustain the entire fleet. In a show of gratitude, and a rare time for all Quarians, the Conclave decided to give back the gifts all Quarians have to give, and invited many Quarians onto the Rayya to hold celebrations of the race's continued survival thanks to their ancestors. The ship was large enough, after all it had to grow enough food for around 17 million people.

No one is forced to come to these celebrations, and military personnel refuse to take leave if it might endanger the Fleet. Although they agreed to have some extra leave if they covered for their contemporaries.

This was a perfect time for infiltration by Cerberus. With many overworked traffic controllers and stealth systems recovered and replicated from the destroyed Alliance Frigate, the Normandy. They could slip onto a ship undetected. The small Frigate in which they traveled in moved silently and swiftly, If someone looked out a window and saw them, they would be vaporized immediately. But since celebrations were going on, it was a perfect opportunity.

"Attention Quarians, Friends... Family... The Conclave, with the support of the Admiralty Board, has decreed this week be declared Ancestorial Week. No Work, No worries, just us, celebrating the ancestors who managed to keep this fleet running throughout space and to keep us alive. Everyone is invited to come aboard the Rayya and join the Celebrations!" "Keelah se'lai" happily exclaimed Admiral Kal'Tupha vas Neema. It took quite a bit of convincing of the other Admirals, and some of the Captains of the Fleet. But the Admiral soon reminded them that the Quarian people were growing weary, and needed some way to lighten the burden of daily life. He also reminded them of what happened with disillusioned peoples, and if the people lost hope in the Flotilla, the rest were surely doomed.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 08:57:10 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Flotilla
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:22:06 AM »
Ry was the first to enter the closest ship of the fleet, nobody knowing she had a tag-along since she had hailed them in solitude. So, when Orris soon followed her out of their ship, a few, then some, then many Quarians stopped what they were doing, just to gawk at Orris. "I still think this won't go over well..." "They just need to get used to you, at least you have a respirator..." they both mumbled as they tried to ignore the others and head over to where the drinks were being served.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:25:46 AM »
One Quarian glanced up at the Turian walking with Ry, and extended a hand.

"Greetings Turian, I am Zeal'Gran vas Neema... engineer, it's unusual to see one of your kind here. What brings you to the Flotilla?"
he asked.

The cloth on his envirosuit covered his head ans parts of his arms, and was decorated in a zig-zagging pattern in a cyan color. His faceplate was the same cyan as the cloth, giving his eyes a faintly blue glow to them. The engineer didn't really see that many aliens on his Pilgrimage, only the Hanar, and those Jellyfish tried to kill him when he tried to transport some Prothean tech back to the Fleet.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 01:30:15 AM »
Orris reached out to shake his hand, remembering the custom from some humans he had worked with. "I helped Ryia get the funds to bring a new starship to the fleet... exactly how many enemies did I make by just walking in here?" "Orris, stop being paranoid and try to enjoy yourself..." Ry bluntly said as she poured her shot down the respirator.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:07 AM »
"I'd agree with the lady calm down"

Zeal took Orris to the side and whispered "Quite a few... when foreigners arrive here it usually means something bad will happen"
The celebrations had yet to start, for most of the others were still arriving. Drinks were still out, although only the weaker drinks.

The real festivities had yet to begin.

The Cerberus vessel docked with the Neema, it disgorged a portion of it's cargo, and then it left to dock with the Qwib Qwib to do the same.

Operatives in the guise of Quarians had now infiltrated the Fleet.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 01:54:18 AM »
Nero looked about the Rayya as he exited his ship.  It had only docked long enough for him to board the Quarian ship before taking off.  It would stay just out of sight until he called in the mission's status.  His stolen environsuit gleamed silver in the ship's lighting.  Along it's trim was a strange red design, organic and flowing but methodical as a machine.  Brushing by Orris as he moved along, he wondered what a Turian was doing in the Migrant Fleet.  Shaking his head he quickened his pace and weaved slowly through the crowd.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 01:57:57 AM »
Taryn walked off the ship she had previously occupied. The suit she had acquired was a steel gray, with blue accents. These pathetic Quarians. Believing all is well, nothing to worry about. She thought to herself. A quench of thirst dried her tongue. She spotted a place for refreshment and quickly made her way over. She received a shot and poured it down the respirator she was forced to wear. She looked around and sighed as she ordered another.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »
The bartender noticed how the woman was so easily able to down a shot, especially for a Quarian.

"How about something special" he said, mixing a couple drinks together and then sliding the glass her way

"No way she can drink that and stay conscious" he thought, smiling under his helmet.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 02:06:04 AM »
Ryn smiled. "Sounds like a deal..." She took the drink and swigged it down easily.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09:59 AM »
The bartender laughed in delight. Rare was it a Quarian woman who could down 4 drinks mixed into one.

"Ok... for you.. something special. This is ryncol, Krogan whiskey strongest in the galaxy, ten times stronger then normal human drink... if you drink it, you'll set off radiation alarms... shall I pour you a quad?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 02:12:12 AM »
Orris just tried to keep to himself, then calmed down and smiled when Ry elbowed him. "See, just relax and everything will fix itself you paranoid beetle-head." "Ah Ry, your jests are as stale as this drink, may I have a stronger drink sir?" Ryia huffed through her respirator at his reply, and Orris got an even more visible grin.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 02:17:10 AM »
The bartender spun out a bottle of pure Batarian ale and poured the turian a few fingers and slid the glass over to him.

"Knock yourself out" he said, whether he meant that literally or figuratively, is something lost to time.

Admiral Kal'Tupha vas Neema walked up onto a makeshift stage and began pushing keys on his omni-tool, and soon got access to the ship's intercom. At this time, Most of the guests had arrived.

"Friends... Family... Fellow Quarians. We are here to meet future ship mates who have returned from Pilgrimage, but before we do that, let us thank our ancestors who sacrificed much, to keep us alive. Keelah'se'lai" he said

The crowd answered his prayer with a "Keelah'se'lai"

"First, i would like to call Ryia Eulla nar Drelm to the stage" he said, and a resounding applause went on throughout the crowd. An admiral addressing a  Pilgrim himself, must be a very good gift.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 03:31:24 AM »
Nero looked to the stage and grinned under his helmet. Objective 1: Find Admiral Kal'Tupha...successful.  Objective 2, Primary: Capture Admiral...in progress  Nero ran a checklist in his head and looked over the crowd directly at the Admiral.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »
Taryn smiled. "Pour me a drink sir." She waited patiently.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 10:42:38 PM »
The barkeep obliged by pouring the ryncol into two glasses, then he put them together and shook em up, before pouring it into a smaller glass and sliding that over to the woman.