The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Burn, My Sweet, Sweet Valentine (Members Only)  (Read 9192 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Burn, My Sweet, Sweet Valentine (Members Only)
« on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:58 PM »
First off, we have got ourselves some awesome rules here:

1) Members Only!!!
2) No Godmodding/Powerplaying/Serendipity (Serendipity means random luck)
3) NO magic without the assistance of a spellbook or charm, these are old fashioned Witches and Wizards we're talking about here.
4) No arguing about rules.
5) No harrassing/bugging/being mean to other players.
6) You must play at least two chars, to keep you on your toes.

Basic Goals

This is not a fully formed idea, as you know and can tell by my bare-bones descriptions. Yes, I also know there isn't much to the story yet. The whole point is to build off of what I have now and create a truly grand thing worthy of a webcomic.

There are two worlds in this game:

Phantasia: A fairy-tale world of fantasy creatures and mayhem, ruled by the Goblin King. It is a beautiful, whimsical place almost like something out of Lewis Carrol or Phillip Pullman. When the Witch of the Rose cried out for help that one fateful day, Phantasia collided and with and is now making mischief in the more normal world of Daanikka.

Daanikka: A lush, evergreen world ruled by Queen Allmer. It is similar to old Europe, where people travel by horse and live rough. The Witch Hunters constantly patrol the streets here, looking out for anyone suspicious.
There are six types of people/furs you can play:

Nobility: Nobles include the Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Duchesses, etc. of Daanikka. They do not, as a rule, though your char can be different, like Witches or Wizards and love to see them burn. They are high-and-mighty and most certainly do not carry spell books around.

Witches: Witches are magic users, constantly persecuted and Burned by the Queen and her Hunters. They live in constant fear and hiding. They do tend to carry spell books, potions, and charms, as these are where they get their magic from.

Witch Hunters: Dark souls from the Church or Court whose sole purpose in life has been dedicated to hunting, killing and maiming Witches of any creed. They claim to be serving God in their actions.

Silver Leaves: Silver Leaves are magic users who have betrayed their own kind and joined the Witch Hunters. They may hold a grudge against their fellow magic users or they may have been forced, tricked or bribed into joining the Hunters. They use their magic to aid in the capturing of 'non-Silver' Witches.

Golden Knights: These are knights with inheritly good souls who may or may not agree with the Witch Hunters, but always love and serve their Queen regardless of what her intents are. As of right now, they have been deployed to the forests, to hold back all the unusual creatures that have come from Phantasia.

Goblin-Born: Creatures from the Realm of Phantasia. These include whimsical things like dragons, elves, sprites, griffins, white rabbits, and of course Goblins. Their sole purpose is to create mayhem, mayhem that is all directed by the superior Goblin King.
To join, cook yourself up a few char profiles of your own design and wait until I accept you. Again, I KNOW this is hard to understand and isn't much to work off of, so by all means please ask questions and put forward your own ideas. THIS IS A TEAM EFFORT!  ^_^

x

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: Burn, My Sweet, Sweet Valentine (Members Only)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:55:52 PM »
Ok i'm gonna put my character sheets as separate posts, that K sweetie?

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:55:21 PM »
I'll remove if not allowed, but I just want to get this done before school pressures me into making up several characters in 30 minutes.

Name: Kale'ruk
Archetype: Goblin-Born (Dragon)
Personality: Sadistic, his orders are the rules he follows, and everything else is a game to him.
Appearance: (Clicky) His eyes are luminous yellow, with a center eye acting as a 'rage' meter by opening more and more until he goes beserk with three eyes (Eye clicky). He wears only a pair of brown peasant trousers held together by an ornate belt made from a human spine and a golden skull as the buckle.
Weapon/Tools: He rarely uses anything beyond his fighting skills and magic, but will sometimes find joy in killing his enemies with their own weapons.

Name: Maljus Valmarren
Species: Witches, Hyena
Tools/Weapon: Uses various books linked to his robe by a gold chain, each one has its own element, and two of them are summoning books.
Personality: always angry, but knows when to not express it.
Appearance: Almost none of him is seen, the only way you can tell he is a hyena is if his hat is not on his head.

Name: Talin Granasblade
Species: Ferret, Golden Knight
Personality: First to fight, and last to run. Sees others as gagues for his own skill. Prone to misinterpret situations and sticks to his interpretation.
Tools/Weapon: A longsword handed over to him by the Queen.
Clothing/Appearance: He has a rather girly appearance, but it only comes from a lithe body that lacks strength training, and long hair held together by a gold pin with the Queen's symbol at the end. His clothes are a blue vest with green pants and red fingerless gloves.

I'll add more if neccessary.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:16:01 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:02:53 PM »
I'm gonna join, but i got school tomorrow and my time on the comp is up, so i'l post my characters tomorrow  ;)
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:57 PM »
@ Gabag: Works for me, darling.

@ Chrono: These are fine, though I'd like to know what type of furs/humans they are... :?

@ Kitt: Yay! My buddy is here! *gives you another glomp*
x

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »
Alrighty. Just edit that into your char sheets so people don't have to scroll around.

And yes, everyone that's not Goblin-born, no matter what type they are, can be a furry or a human. Daanikka is a mixed society. However, Phantasia isn't. Phantasia is strictly fairy tale-ish things.  :S

Post Merge: April 12, 2010, 11:48:37 PM
I'm going to wait for everyone to get here and set up their chars, then I will decide on how I want to do the posting. (Currently, I'm torn between ordered and one-day-waiting-period) After that, hopefully things can take off!  :3

Name: Oboto-Nuse
Species: Goblin-born (she is a Goblin)
Appearance: See my avatar.
Personality: Carefree and naive, Oboto often finds herself lost in the fairy-tale fantasies of young girls and dreams of one day marrying the Goblin King...if she can just prove herself to him!
Weapons: A mace that she adores swinging around and various air-spells, aided by her collar charm.

Name: Vanessa Spintder "The Witch of the Rose"
Species: Human
Appearance: Pale skin and long, curly pink hair.  The burns on her legs are still healing. One of her hands is missing as is her right eye. While she was in prison, a sadistic guard chopped of her hand when he caught her stealing food, and another gouged her eye when he caught her spying. She looks pretty much like this, but of course missing a hand and an eye....
Clothing: When not in public, she wears what you see above. But when she needs to go into town, she puts on some cloaks to hide herself. (Her face is well known, seeing as how she was the one who escaped her Burning and called down the wrath of the Goblin King.) They look like this, but with the hood up (duh):
Weapons: A magic staff that works as her charm and a melee head-bashing weapon if needed. It looks like this: http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/relina199167/Felienne/Staff.jpg She wields spells of all sorts, but is terrible with potions.
Personality: She is the the one called "Rose" in inside circles. She is the one who escaped from being Burned alive, who called out for revenge, and brought down the Goblin King and his world. She is the one of whom the Witch Hunters would just love to see Burned above the others....once and for all. Vanessa is a very shy, reserved girl and extremely difficult to get to know. You can imagine why. She is kind to others however, and runs a tiny Inn hidden deep in the forest, where she hides runaway Witches who need a bed and some good food.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:51:47 PM by therebeunicorns »
x

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:52:05 PM »
Ok, I'll be creating brand new characters for the purpose of the RP/Webcomic. You may use these characters in the webcomic if you wish. I only wish to be given recognition for it.

Name: Kul'rik
Alliance: Goblin-Born (Dragon)
Appearance: One of the few silver dragons, taller than most of the others. His eyes are a crimson red. Most of his scales are spiked and his wings show wear and tear from war, but still usable for flight.
Personality: Prides himself his strength and ability to fight without weapons. His pride is constantly put to the test and he always accepts the challenge to back it up.

Name: Florencia Millian
Alliance: Nobility (Princess)
Species: Cat
Appearance: A blue-furred cat. Usually has to be forced to wear her royal, pink dress, but prefers to wear either a fencing outfit or a bounty hunter's outfit.
Personality: She's the tomboy of tomboys. Always itching for a fight, and sneaks off to the training grounds all the time. She's good with a sword is just as swift. Her personal guards taught her everything she knows because lesser guards quit within hours of being with her.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 04:24:05 AM »
Alright!  Let's do this thing!

Name: Gal-Neth
Alliance: Goblin-Born (Eye Tyrant)
Appearance:
Personality:  While many of the Goblin-Born are meant for mischief and pranks, Gal-Neth was given the job of creating havoc in amidst the mortal realm.  He despises all but himself and has a massive array of destructive spells at his disposal.  His many eyes make it impossible to sneak up on him and his thick skin averts most projectiles.

Name: Nero Goltbenz
Alliance: Silver Leaves
Race: Hyena
Appearance: ((Replace the hat with a hood, give him a glass eye, and make him a hyena of course.))
Personality:  Nero is a *******....enough said.  Before the Burning began he would wander into bars and intentionally start fights so that he could kill the patrons, drink the booze, and kidnap the waitresses for his own purposes.  In fact, he was likely one of the reasons the Burning began.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 04:28:38 AM »
looks like a friggin Marlboro from Final Fantasy.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 04:32:38 AM »
If you've played Dungeons & Dragons then you'd know that a beholder/eye tyrant's threat level is far above a Marlboro.  I've fought them both and a Beholder is a epic boss battle in comparison.  While you may survive a Marlboro, a Beholder will most certainly destroy you.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 04:37:52 AM »
I haven't touched traditional DnD in 10 years. ftw!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:55 AM »
Name: Damien Adler
Species: Witch Hunter (White Wolf)
Appearance:  White fur, blue eyes, bushy white tail, muscular, fit, and wears an upside down cross around his neck, a long black coat similar to that of a trench coat open with no shirt, fitting black pants held up by rope. He has black hair on his head that is longer than the rest of his fur. he is rarely seen without his favorite hat.
Personality: He's neutral when meeting villagers, the nobility and the court. He is otherwise hostile, aggressive, violent, and sadistic. He is the go-to man in Daanikka when witches are running amuck and monsters are terrorizing.
Weapons: Crossbow, dagger w/ serrated edge, spiked battle club. Specializes in catapults and large(r) crossbows.

Name: Markus Arick
Species: Goblin-born (Phoenix)
Appearance:  Rather large, eagle shaped (not sized), when not aflame his feathers are gold, and his eyes are red
Personality: Follows orders, really likes to watch things burn (mostly people) so he likes to set a lot of fires. He sets bums and peasants on fire to amuse himself. Has a very dry sense of humor, can be chill at times, loves to pillage.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 05:16:24 AM by Spike V. »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
Name: Kitt Szarda
Alliance: Nobility-ish (A royal guard in training )
Species: Feline (wildcat more specifically)
Appearance: Kitt has the traditional dark striped fur of a wildcat with bright amber eyes, he most often wears the royal guards uniform, but when off duty prefers to wear casual hunting attire, He carries the a long bladed Falchion, after having been personally trained with the sword by Klara...
Personality: Kitt is often overenthusiastic, yet shy and still rather untrained in some aspects of swordsmanship. He used to work in the merchants guards, until being offered a place in the royal guards, so long as he could endure the training, and pass a final test before being allowed as a full guard. He lives at an inn down in the town square, which is at least a half hour's walk away from the guards training grounds each morning....

Name: Klara Virrith
Alliance: Nobility-ish (one of the royal merchants, he was the one who got Kitt the place in the royal guards, and is to this day still an old friend of the feline)
Species: Timber wolf
Appearance: Klara, unlike most royal merchants, wears the same uniform as her merchant guards, often accompanied by her twin falchion swords at her hips. Her fur is a soft grey/ tan colour, and her eyes a bright blue...
Personality: Klara is a tough cookie, and in Daanika tough cookies go far. In this case, Klara worked her way all the way up to a royal merchant, a very repsected title, and a reputation of being stern and decisive came with it. She however does extend her friendship to close people, in this case Kitt, a lowly merchants guard who she felt had the potential for better...

These okay?  :P
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 03:38:21 PM »
If you've played Dungeons & Dragons then you'd know that a beholder/eye tyrant's threat level is far above a Marlboro.  I've fought them both and a Beholder is a epic boss battle in comparison.  While you may survive a Marlboro, a Beholder will most certainly destroy you.

I swear, you chose the most difficult things to draw on purpose Enty. Now I'm gonna be in the Monster Manual AND Players Handbook to draw The Beholder and Nero's Armor. Why? Why!?

Lol

Thanks for the challange.

To everyone else, as for the Webcomic when we get to that point, I'm sorry if characters i draw wont look as you imagined. I can't see in your heads, though i wish i could. I'll probably have to do basic sketches, post them, and ask what you would like changed about your characters. All in all, I think I'm gonna have fun with this. ^.^

It'll take me awhile to get to the art do to lack of time on my hands. As for my own characters, I'll post later when i have the time.

Off to school work i go!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:43:48 PM by Dtannings »

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »
Those are all fine you guys....After Dtannings and Gabag post their chars, I think we'll be ready to work a posting routine. And to anyone who says it's okay that I use your chars in the webcomic, I promise to give you credit. The two characters after Leilani here belong to my friends, they wanted me to put them in and play them, so...

Name: Leilani Mondenkind
Type: Silver Leaf
Species: Albino Pomeranian
Appearance: Like this, except furry:
Weapons: Carries a whip that she treats like a best friend (think Indiana Jones.) Is proficient in Light spells, aided by a necklace charm shaped like a heart.
Personality: A seemingly heartless little brat, Leilani sees nothing good in non-Silver Witches and believes it would be better for everyone if they all just died. She was raised in a Witch slum by a drunkard mother who always left Lei alone. And when little girls are left alone, they can find themselves tormented by adults stronger than they are. When she was seven, her slum was invaded by Hunters. Everyone was quickly captured and tried for Witchcraft. At her trial--- to the shock of everyone she once knew ---Leilani didn’t defend her people. She outright declared that all Witches were evil, villainous wretches and that they deserved death. Needless to say, when she was offered the chance to turn Silver, Lei accepted.

Name: Ginge McFreeland (not mine, belongs to Carson)
Type: Golden Knight
Species: Golden Retriever
Appearance: He looks strong enough, but upon closer inspection you’ll notice that he’s getting a bit old. He is the proud owner of a slowly graying moustache.
Weapons: His good ol trusty broadsword.
Personality: Sometimes a bit scatterbrained, Ginge often bursts out into random song and dance. Maybe it’s senility? We don’t know. What we do know is his good heart has always been with the Queen.

Name: Violetta Battano (not mine, belongs to Ian)
Type: Nobility (Duchess)
Species: Chinchilla (tan and white)
Appearance: Like this but furreh:
Weapons: None.
Personality: Both petty and high-and-mighty, Violetta lives for gold and jewelry above all else. No, seriously. She’d take a big enough ruby ring over a date any day. Surprisingly, Violetta rarely wears or uses her treasures, instead, she hoards them like a pack rat.
x