The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cygnus x-1  (Read 13011 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Cygnus x-1
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2010, 04:05:04 PM »
Kitt flipped his dagger over, catching it again in one paw... repeating the action every now and then.... he was keeping both ice blue eyes on the distance, snow swirling and shifting.... he gripped his quartz pendant in one paw, seeking solitude in its familiar shape and coldness..... the storm was dying down and by morning they would be able to see for miles, though by then the temperature would have dropped...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2010, 10:28:37 PM »
A mercenary walked up to Howl and patted him on the shoulder. "Hey, sir, umm...I think we've got a problem." "What is it, soldier?" "I, well, umm...." "Spit it out!" "The man who was killed by the bears had all the medical supplies...and was our best doctor." "WHAT?! Why did you-" "We didn't realize it until we took a head count." "I see...well, I'll have to solve that problem later...go back to your quarters." The man nodded and jogged away, and Howl sighed, frustration ran through his body. "Just bloody great..."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »
Kitt looked up at the sound of Howl and a mercenary in heated discussion... standing up and stretching he walked softly up to Howl, concerned...
"er... is there a problem? I couldnt help but hear your conversation.... and with morning so close i was just wondering if there was anything the matter?"

The feline looked up at Howl, ice blue eyes shining just like the crystal on his pendant...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #123 on: March 10, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
Siya looks out of the ten at all the surrounding strangers she fells uneasy around all of them
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2010, 01:22:27 AM »
Looking off into the distance, Howl spoke, "Apparently the poor bugger that got himself torn from limb to limb was our lead doctor, carrying most of the medical supplies for the journey. If someone gets hurt, they'll only have first aid to help them. If the bloody idiot had just stayed kept up with the group and asked for more protection, then we wouldn't be in this blasted position, but I've got to deal with this problem whether I like it or not." He turned to Kitt, "Perhaps you have some doctoring abilities?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2010, 10:43:21 AM »
Kitt listened to Howl, ears flat against his head... "Ah..... thats a problem......"
The feline looked out across the glistening ice plains and then back to Howl, shrugging...
"I... I.... All of my people know some doctoring, for when your out on the hunt you cannot rely on one doctor..... so i suppose.... i could help... maybe"

He didnt sound sure with himself, but he looked up to Howl and nodded... "Sure, i can try and help....

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
"Thank you, Kitt, I'll be sure to let you in on what the physical status is of anyone who has been harmed recently. I know I'm asking a great deal from you, but I've got nowhere else to turn. For now, though, I'll need to get what little rest I can." Howl laid back down on his mat and looked up at the night sky again, staring at it's grandeur. "See you in the morning."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2010, 07:50:38 PM »
Kitt nodded, smiling for once...
"Sleep well... see you in the morning..."

With that he took one last look down at Howl, and turned back to sentry duty, crouching in the feathered snow he scanned the horizon.... the wind seemed to have calmed down and it looked like they wouldn't be disturbed until morning.... when the sun would finally get over the horizon... even if it was only for two hours... those where two of the brightest and most magnificent hours of every day.... when the sunlight glistened off the snow and formed great kaleidoscope patterns....

Sighing he pulled out his crystalline dagger with one paw.... he'd wake them in the morning... and they would keep travelling..

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »
Howl fell into a deep sleep, and found himself atop a spiral stair, in the middle of space. There was a door in front of him, and he was curious to see what was inside. Howl reached for the doorknob, turned it and pushed open the door. Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed him, though he could feel the force, it was impalpable. The hand let go, and he fell into a dark abyss, with no wind going against his face, and the light of the door above disappeared in moments, then Howl was surrounded by darkness, not even knowing if he was falling or not.

After minutes of blackness, another door opened up and a women walked out, while Howl laid prostrate. He couldn't see the women's face, but only a shadow since a strong light was shining behind her. He got to his feet and approached the women, and when he got close enough to see her, he saw it was his mother. She opened her mouth and spoke in a whisper, "Go to them, to your father, or he will die, like the rest of them..." Then, she disappeared and the blackness formed into the ice plains, and he was standing on the top of a hill overlooking the pod crash-sight. Dead bodies were all around it, and one, was his father. Multiple bullet holes were in his chest, and blood was seeping from his corpse. Soldiers in UFSA uniforms stood around the sight, checking the dead bodies. One of them stood over his father's dead body and shook his head. "A shame...he was a good scientist. If only they reached him in time..."

Suddenly, the face of his father popped up next to him, "You never cared for me! What a horrible son you are, I should have known you'd leave me for dead!" Then, he woke up in a cold sweat, five mercs standing over him. "Sir, are you alright? I heard you tossing and turning in your sleep and-" Howl interrupted, still in shock. "I'm fine! I just...need to...get some water. Leave me be." "As you wish, sir." He looked up at the sky, it was near dawn. He picked up a water bottle, drank it all then walked to where Kitt was sitting. "How was the night patrol?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2010, 08:57:28 PM »
Kitt had heard Howl approaching way before he could see him, he looked up at the tall canine and then back down to the horizon where sunlight cascaded over ice and snow like a bright entourage of strobe lights...
"Thankfully uneventful.... how was your nights sleep?"
The feline stood up, though even so he only came up to Howl's chest. As he did so Kitt sheathed the dagger back into its protective covering and shook some of the snow from his fur that had collected, despite the bitter cold that clawed at bare flesh and the tips of fingers he didnt shiver or show any signs of discomfort...

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:39 PM »
"My nights sleep was...well..." Howl was still having a bit of trouble recollecting the events that happened in his dream. "Well, it was...bizarre, to say the least. Certainly wasn't pleasant at some points." He looked to the ice-plains, in deep thought, then quickly cleared his mind. "Do you think we should get going?" 
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »
"Yes... We where lucky tonight, I fear we may not be so lucky during the day... we must move from this place, any carnivore will be able to smell out the camp from miles away..."

The feline turned away from Howl and made as if to walk back towards the camp, and then stopped, turning back to look up at Howl...

"Dreams.... are sometimes more than just dreams, to my people at least...."

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2010, 06:14:35 AM »
"Thank you, Kitt." He turned to the Mercenaries and smiled. "ALRIGHT, SOLDIERS, WE'RE MOVING OUT! GRAB YOUR THINGS AND LINE UP FOR A HEAD COUNT!" While waiting for the troops to get ready, Howl thought back for a moment, "Could that dream have been the future? Have I gone insane?! I must get there in time, those people are counting on me...my father is counting on me...."
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2010, 12:40:18 PM »
Kitt stood just behind Howl, waiting for the soldiers to assemble.... he pulled out his quartz bladed knife and flipped it handle over blade in apparent boredom... on the contrary Kitt had his eyes and ears out for the slightest sign of approaching danger...