The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 21349 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Animus
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 03:29:54 PM »
Veronica had shushed the group as Shinzuu had talked about their plans. Afterward, she had walked along quietly behind the group for the trip, urging people forward when the started to slow down. When they stopped for a break, she took a drink from her canteen and walked up to the front of the group. "We haven't lost anyone, though I had to push some people on because they started to slow down and would have made us fall behind." She reported to Shinzuu. Giving him a salute, she then turned around and started to walk back towards the back of the group.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »
Kitt walked up alongside Veronica, he kept his AK slung down at waist height always ready....
"So.... Vee... You trained in american forces, how long you been in training?... They say you guys get all the latest equipment, nothing worked back at our outpost... not even the heaters"
He laughed under his breath continuing to watch the civilians to check none fell behind....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2010, 05:12:08 PM »
*White walked along still grumbling under his breath talking softly* "I can almost wish something would attack us now, just so we have something to do on this journey. It's starting to feel a little bit too much like Nevada in terms of things to look at when it's just a bunch of people walking out here in the middle nowhere for days upon days in pathetic hopes for a place to stay and resources to live off of."
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
Little did the group know, that someone was watching them from the top of a building in the abandoned city.  They signaled to their comrades in a silent alarm and the beings scattered.  They would wait for the group to come through and pick off the weakest ones.  They watched the group in silent anticipation, waiting to strike.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
After receiving all the reports, Shinzuu turned to the group. "We're moving out in 30 minutes! Get ready!" He took out his binoculars and pointed them towards the city. It looked empty enough. For a split second, Shinzuu thought he saw a moving dot, but he shook it off as nothing. However, he was now more alert than he had been up until now. His gut was telling him not to go, but if they didn't, the majority, if not all of them, will die from starvation or lack of supplies. They were out of food, first aid, medical supplies and (not everyone) warm clothes, though he doubt they're going to need too much clothes, since they're moving around in warmer conditions now. It was a tough decision...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2010, 10:29:47 PM »
Veronica listened to Kitt as they reached their spot at the back of the group again. "Well, I was sent to military school when I was 14. My parents believed I had too much of an attitude problem. Which makes me think...they're probably dead now..." She said as she looked at the ground, concentrating. "Well anyways, I've been serving under Shinzuu most of that time. That's why I still have the attitude and why he called me a wolf she-devil." She chuckled. "We do get some really great up-to-date equipment..." She said, looking down at her P-90 which was slung around her shoulders like a guitar would be and touched it sort of admiringly. She loved her sub-machine gun. "But then again, having some more old-fashioned/traditional weapons is very nice too." She drew her twin sai from her hips and eyed them admiringly. "These babies are really great to use and quite elegant too." She grinned as she put them back in their places at her hips.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »
"My parents die when i am young also... lets just say, they get on wrong side of KGB... i'm taken in for conscription, and i spend rest of my life up till now in training...." He looked down at the P-90, admiring the work of the engineer who had designed the weapon... running one paw down his own Kalashnikov in the same admiring way.... When she pulled out the Sai Kitt actually took a momentary step back, though if asked later he would deny it....
"Fine weapons indeed.... though personally, i prefer somthing with a little less style... "
WIth that he reached around to the ice pick clipped to his soviet issue equipment pack... the pick was made of a light steel alloy, with the mean look of a tool not built just for scaling icey terrain...
"We need to keep these damned civilians moving...."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2010, 11:56:49 PM »
Shinzuu checked his watch and sighed. "Alright everyone! Let's move out!" The last 5 hours of the hike were not too bad, though they were about 1 hour behind schedule. As they entered the city, it was only moments before the sun began to set. Shinzuu sent a couple soldiers to scout the area quickly. When they came back, he got their reports and turned to the rest of the crowd. "You are all in luck, folks! There are FOUR full-sized supermarkets as well as 9 more all around the city! There are shopping stores everywhere for you to stock up on supplies and clothing! BUT! That will be what tomorrow is for! For tonight, we shall be staying at the Hilton in the middle of the city!" They all cheered for joy as they set off, but that happiness quickly faded to screams. After everyone was across, 2 Acolytes and their minions dropped from the surrounding buildings into the middle of the "herd". Shinzuu quickly drew his katana. "(censored)!!! It's a trap!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:03:59 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 12:18:46 AM »
Veronica listened to Kitt as they all walked along, chuckling when he stepped back when she drew her twin sai. She was actually enjoying this little chat. It brought her a little more joy hearing that they would be able to get a lot more supplies and food and sleep in a very nice hotel. Unfortunately, the enjoyment was cut short after Shinzuu spoke to the group when they entered the city as a couple Acolytes and their minions dropped from a building. She grabbed ahold of her P-90 and started pushing through the group. "Anyone who can't fight for their lives better make way for those who can defend them!" She urged as she made her way through the group and aimed at the Acolytes and their minions.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 01:53:17 AM »
During the trip, Felix had gathered the two people allotted under his command. It felt good to have a purpose again. Even though it was basically just babying, he wanted to do the best job possible, the people he was guarding were the only lifelines in this world, and he had to keep them alive.

When Shinzuu announced the supermarkets and hotels, Felix clapped Rocher and Cal on the shoulders and smiled to them. After all Providence smiled on them. The three soldiers pumped fists into the air and cheered. But that cheer quickly faded when the Acolytes dropped in.

Felix sprung into action, shouldering his FN-SCAR and took careful aim.
"Rocher.. get these people out of here! Cal, take up a position on the left of them for suppressing fire!"

The two troops listened to his orders.
Rocher was a young Ze-Ite of a red fox origin, already the look of exhaustion had settled on his young frame. He was forced to grow up too quickly. Cal however was an Elder.. a clone just like Felix, except he kept that a secret from the others.
Felix had given the man a clones word of honor to keep his secret.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
*White watched silently as the other refugees screamed* "Seriously, people should fight first and then scream when they're actually dying. Alright looks like I might actually prove myself 'worthy' to this band of misfits." *He pulled up his MAC-10s playing the opportunist role* "Come on fellas, come to big daddy." *He taunted the Acolytes from a distance*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2010, 04:47:20 AM »
Gavin's depression-plauged dreams and fitful rest had been short-lived, as it was soon, very soon that everyone started to move onward. and he eventually woke up to realize that he was being left behind. In fact, by the time he opened his eyes to peer around, he saw that was the among the last stragglers in the pack..."Shoot!" the monkey growled, lowly. "Well now I feel like an idiot..." He clambered down from the pine tree and hurried to catch up, wondering what could lie over the hill...
x

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:20 AM »
Kitt pushed two civilians aside, throwing them roughly to the ground, as he brought his AK-47 up to his shoulder and aimed down its iron sights... civilians rushed across the reticule, not allowing for a clean shot without taking the heads of several innocent civies...
"Do RĂ­ti! Get down, SprostacĂ­!"
Several men and women ducked or leapt aside, the entire scene was a mad scramble with civilians literally clambering over each other in an attempt to get away... Kitt growled in annoyance and squeezed the goddamn trigger, the harsh bark of the kalashnikov cut through the screams....

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »
Shinzuu couldn't believe his the spectacle. Though there were a couple monsters, most of the attackers under the Acolytes' control were mind-controlled people. Shinzuu ran into the crowd and began running his sword through the lot of the enemies. "Left and rear flank, aim center and fire! Front and right duck with the civilians! Everyone duck!" Shinzuu hit the deck and dragged as many civilians with him as he can, while others were still struggling within the midlesses' grasps.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2010, 03:16:53 PM »
Kitt kept firing of burst shots, spent shells clattered to the floor as the opponents where flung of their feet... One of the Acolytes minions rushed a civilian to his left, the woman's screams where cut short as the minion rushed on towards Kitt. Swinging his AK over one shoulder he unclipped his ice-axe from behind his back and brought it around in a long arc, the steel alloy head of the pick found its mark with a wet crunch, the minion screamed in pain clutching his shoulder....

Wrenching the pick out of the now still body Kitt dropped to one knee and opened up with another burst from his Kalashnikov, shredding the legs of one minion and crushing the chest of another... Kitt cared not who these opponents where, or had been, they had to die...