The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Animus  (Read 21350 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Animus
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 09:11:14 PM »
Kitt turned to Shinzuu, and then back to the bleak landscape...
"Yes... I was trained as scout..."
He shook his head lighty, running a paw down the cool wooden stock of his weapon...
"And yes... I can use this gun well... I train for many months with only this gun, and ice pick... the soviet armed forces turns stupid youngsters into the brave men we are...."
He laughed moodily, shifting his weight onto the other foot...
"Fat lot of good it did all of 'em too.... I can work with your cadet, desperate times call for desperate measures.... though these civilians, better they fend for themselves, though i have an inkling that you would not do such a thing...."
Kitt pulled back the pin on his AK with a loud ~Ka-lack-shnik~ and slung it over one shoulder...
"And yes, My name is Kitt... Kitt Vladimir, i look forward to serving alongside you and... Veronica?"
He seemed to have slight trouble with the name, rolling his "R's" too much...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 09:22:44 PM »
(during selection)

Felix sighed, and waved off the other soldier.
"Well... I should've assumed I was to be sent into that hell... thanks for the comforting words though Private.. means someone cares"
Felix followed the other soldier, but stopped in the barracks to grab his personal belongings, and later at the armory to get his equipment from his locker. He looked longingly at the locker, which had his name taped to it. It was one of the few things he really could call his. Now some other lucky joe would get it. He peeled the tag from the locker and crumpled it and moved on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Felix looked over the rag-tag group of Excommunicated, as the Council called it. "Quite a harsh word for sending out people to protect you..." He thought outloud. He knew most of these people wouldn't make it. Especially the civilians who probably couldn't handle the stress of living outside a safe haven. Walking around, he frowned as he listened to a few teenagers crying, and some other people groaning that they were cold.

"Be happy that your cold.. it keeps THEM away" He told that person, and they shut up.

Walking further, he spotted Veronica lying on the ground. She looked to be a young girl, and looked out of place in the band of misfits and soldiers. Sitting down next to her, he asked.
"Miss Veronica is it? Hi I'm Felix the Third... and yes... I am a clone..."

That word... people used like it was a curse, and yet here he was, risking his life for them.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »
"I heard that!" She called out while still staring at the sky when she heard Shinzuu say her name and call her a 'wolf she-devil in BDU's'. Then she chuckled at hearing Kitt having trouble with her name. "Just call me Vee, if it'll help you out." She called before turning her head towards Felix as he spoke to her. "Oh hi. Yes, my name is Veronica. Vee for short. What's going on, Felix? Tired of the civilians?" Knowing that he was clone didn't seem to bother her and she just talked to him casually.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 10:53:23 PM »
"It's not that I have a problem with them... I mean they are nice people.. But more likely then not they will either slow us down or just die... it pains me to say it, but it's the truth..."
He said, no regretting that decision. Why decrease the morale of your own people, in a time where sanity is a must.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »
Shinzuu chuckled at the Soviet Scout's experience. "Months don't cut it, son. It's the actual experiences that count, as well as YEARS of training. As you can see, she's down there. Go get acquainted." He chuckled as he pulled a small canteen from his coat pocket. Veronica was almost a spinning image of his old recruit days, and the years following that. Even with his importance, he still loved playing with all the upper-echelons because he knew none of them would dare do anything to him. Indeed, being the only NCO in history who was feared even by a General. However, this was no time to reminisce, he was still young, anyways. "Sergeant Fenix, get your keister up here, double-time! This is NOT the time to be trying to get laid! Now move it!" Shinzuu then took a swig and waited for Fenix to get up to him.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:12:29 PM »
Veronica couldn't help busting out in laughter after what Shinzuu said to Felix. "Sorry, I know that's not what you're trying to do...I just wasn't expecting that." She said between laughs. She sat up and looked over to where Shinzuu and Kitt were. "Yes, come on over. Have a seat and talk a while." She said with a chuckle as she patted the ground beside her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:57 AM »
Fenix did as he was ordered, however he had enough of this crap he got. For Being a clone, for being a 'pushover' (how in the military was that possible). He didn't care that First Sgt. Shinzuu had a reputation for being a hardass and just being plain rude. He didn't appreciate the crap people gave him anymore, because quite frankly, he was one of their best.
Jogging over, he gave a glance to that Soviet guy.
"A Commie.... here?" he thought, but when he reached Sgt. Shinzuu he knew exactly what he was gonna say.

"Watch your tongue boy... I have 2 generations and more worth of experience in me compared to your few years. Don't think because your a higher rank, you can do whatever you want... I should wipe that smile from your face..."

He still could remember the day the nukes fell, but that memory was a fading memory. He could only make out a muffled explosion, and then suddenly a whoosh of air. And then darkness.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 12:57:08 AM »
Shinzuu looked down at the clone and snarled. "Watch it. The Council and the Elders made me General of the refuge for a reason. Just keep it in your pants until AFTER this situation is no longer a threat to our whole existence. Now come here. Runs his finger along the diagram he drew in the ground. The first deserted city is about a 6 hour hike from our current location. There's a possibility that there might be a small contingent of THEM there. I need you to help run up and down the line and keep order and protect the main of the civilians. Take Rocher and Cal with you down the middle of the group. I've already told Zera and Manta  to take the rest of the rookies as border. I'm going to be up front with Chester and Cadet Uzima will bring up the rear with the Soviet Scout. Can I count on you?"

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:52 AM »
"Honestly I don't see how they made such a young trooper a General, but they must've had good reason... Just don't mess with me and I'll get your job done."

"We won't let you down sir!" he said, giving a crisp salute, then ran back to find Rocher and Cal.

Finally some action. Felix was growing soft with all these civvies around.

"No... that thought process is a one way ticket to an early grave..." he said to himself, now setting his mind to the task, nothing more...

Nothing less.

He was a marine after all.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 01:23:31 AM »
*White grumbled as the people ignored his request and pushes on through the rest of refugees until he saw the general standing there* "Hey you!" *He held his MAC-10s down and walked forward* "I'm tired of all this walking and not seeing any sort of accomplishment out here in this plain land, I'm friggin starving and if possible I want to get wherever you're going faster. So can I offer my "services"?"
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 01:37:08 AM »
Shinzuu sighed and tossed his half-eaten rations over to the wolgon as he continued to drink from his little canteen of alcohol. "For starters, you can shut your yap and keep it down so that everyone can get enough sleep and rest for tomorrow's hike. Here, you can eat the rest of that if you're really that hungry. We won't make it anywhere faster, we're going to protect these remaining people whether you like it or not. We've lost more than half the people since being excommunicated a week ago. Now, what we have left here are the stronger of the initial ejectories and we will stay in this together. The second you go on your own, you die. But, if it'll help you shut up, we're about a day's walk from the first deserted city. We only have one problem. The temperature out here is a fair amount above zero. We might run into THEM. However, if we make it to the city and stay alive, we'll have plenty of food and supplies restocked. Now, is that all? If it is, go to sleep after you eat. My men and I will keep watch, so rest assured."

Offline Dtannings

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Too bad I couldn't get it in color *sniffle*
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: white fur, black hair, emrald eyes
  • Height: 5'2''
  • Weight: 117lbs
  • Build: vuluptious (curvy)
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 01:37:51 AM »
((sorry for the lateness, Enty told me the everyday stuff started today.))

-During Excommunication-
Tori blinked in surprise, staring at the floor. Wide-eyed, she stood robotically. Not until the solider touched her shoulder did she swipe at her radio, not wnating to be left stranded without something to work on. She had yet to be hit with the full realization that she'd been given a practical death sentence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The grease-wolf sat alone on the edge of the encampment, tinkering on the radio again. It was the only thing keeping her from lashing out at her fellow ex-refugees. Tori didn't hear any of the conversations because one, she didn't care, and two, she was too busy trying to pick up a signal on her not-so-much-of-a-radio-anymore. Without proper lighting, she had all but broken the poor thing three times in the past week.
"Wish I had my power-tools...or even a lamp..." She cursed under her breath and punched the ground, "Ouch..." she muttered, bringing her knuckles to her face, "I really need to stop hurting my hands."

Pets name: Yanos
Adopt your own!

~Darina Tannings

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 01:43:53 AM »
*White growled at him* "Fine. But don't take it that I'm just another citizen to be under the thumb of your party military. I can fight too." *He trudged away pissed off trying to avoid the sleeping refugeesand laid down on the ground some distance away from the general snacking on the rations; he growled and mumbled to himself until he was snoring loudly asleep*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 03:35:04 AM »
Gavin kept swinging on and on, even as the night grew closer and darker. Then his tail grew tired and he decided it was time to move on in life. Gavin pulled himself up best he could and got a good grip on the branch his tail was wrapped around. He scanned to see if anyone had caught eye of him, the unusual loner, and when he realized he was unnoticed, he scaled up, up, up, upwards, and took post in one of the pine tree's top branches. Sleeping far away from others was always prefferable.
x

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »
The next morning, Shinzuu stood before the whole remainder of the group and did his best to yell out his instructions like he had been for the last week. He knew they would quiet down to listen because those that didn't ended up being the dead half of the group. Shinzuu told them of his plan about getting to the city and stocking up on supplies. He also told them who their guards were and what to do in an emergency or event of a skirmish.

As the day wore on, it was both alarming and refreshing to feel 40 degree weather (though he'd never thought he'd like anything below 70). By mid-day much of the group were tired and they stopped for their usual break. Shinzuu took out his water canteen and surveyed the land, patrolling the front and getting updates from the others one by one about their sides.