The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pinnacle (OOC)  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
The Pinnacle (OOC)
« on: March 17, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »
Ok.  I'm going to take a stab at a SRP if anyone is interested.  Here are...  The rules:

1. You will name your character(s).  Any type of character you want will be allowed...  Animal, human, anthro, hybrid...  all of these are fine by me.  But keep it reasonable.  I don't want any magical tree branches floating around.

2. NO God-modding.  :)

3. Your character can have TWO weapons.  One primary and one secondary.  Based on the format...  Think primitive.

4.  You are allowed to have ONE special ability.  You under that section you must explain what your character is able to do with that ability.(keep it reasonable.  If you're not sure ask).  You can also elect not to have any special ability.  Just a fair warning...  Once you pick your special ability it will be set in stone.  If you don't like it...  Well you're stuck with it for the length of the RP.  If you want, you can have a special weapon trait (magic, blessings, enchantments... fine by me) as your special ability.  It can be for your primary, secondary, or both.

5. Depending on how many join, the post rotation will go first come first serve at the begining.  I'll post more details at the bottom.

6.  I  want the plot to unfold like this: when you join, you are unaware that the other players exist.  You will start with your own story.  As the plot develops interaction can happen.  You may choose players as allies or enemies.  Just keep it clean.

7. I do plan on putting an end to this RP.  I spent time coming up with characters that you can either choose to be, or you can let me handle how, when, where they come in, and how they affect the story.  One is the protagonist, one is the antagonist.  I will list them before the character format thing.

8. In addition to 6...  As the plot develops you can choose to side with the protagonist.  And all who stand for evil and destruction may side with the antagonist.  Or you can remain neutral.  It's up to you.  But keep a note...  Which ever side you pick...  You automatically hate the other side.  That can change though.  As the plot continues twists can occur where the bad guy wants to help stop the really bad guy, or vice-versa.  Or neutral characters can jump out of the wood work and create plot complications.  As this develops...  Someones character is probably going to die at some point.  If you can't handle that...  Don't join this RP.  OR if you want out...  You can say in OCC, "Hey I want my character dead.  Lets make something happen..."  Then we take action *stabby *stabby* or your character accidentally falls off a cliff...  Whatever will do it for you.

9. If this is too much...  We can discuss it.  I'm a very democratic GM.  I just want to have fun.

10. Lastly.  Keep you character posts up once every day.
Ok.  As promised: The protagonist and antagonist.  You pick one if you want.  IF you choose you want to be one...  PM me.  It's a first come first serve basis...  I'll give you all the details: weapons, powers, and secret stuff.

Protagonist: Torian Whisperwind - A once very powerful high shaman cast into exile.  His whereabouts are unknown, but he holds the key to saving the Shadowbind tribe from self-destruction.

Antagonist: Hadgar Duskbringer - The one who banished Dorian Whisperwind for "treason."  He seized power after killing Dorian's brother Tokar Whisperwind in cold blood.  Harold threatens the Shadowbind tribe by convincing the tribal council to perform a dark rituals that unleash trapped and tormented and demons from the shadow world.

Ok...  Now that that's out of the way lets move on to the character format.

Name: Drakus Moongaze
Species: Red fox
Sex: Male
Coloring: Red/orange fur with a white underbelly.  Green eyes that turn black when shifting into the void to speak with the deceased.
Clothing/armor: He wears a black cloak, blackened leather gloves, and chain mail armor with an undershirt and long johns.

Weapons: Primary/secondary - A short sword given to him by his late father/a bow and arrows.
Special ability: Deathwhisper
Ability explanation: Ability to speak with those who have passed on.

Plot summary: Ok...  There are two tribes.  The Shadowbind tribe, and the Earthwind tribe.  There has never been any quarrel between the two.  But now given the events that took place there may be some tension.  You can pick whatever tribe you want, just remember, you're character is going to become a hero for something at some point.  The only thing I'm going to be a communist about is...  If you choose to be on the bad guys team...  You're automatically affiliated with the his faction of the Shadowbind tribe.  If you want to be a good guy...  You can be either or.

Ok, the rotation will work like this...  EVERYONE GETS A TURN.  It won't work in exact order.  As long as you haven't used your turn yet you can add to the thread.  Once everyone has had their turn everyone can go again.  Eventually the story is going to start interweaving so the dialogue will get easier to follow along with seeing as how there are common enemies.  But don't let that stop you from a twist every here and there.

Players:

1. Moongaze

2. Asiabunny

3. Self-sain

EDIT: Assuming this can get off the ground (if it doesn't by Sunday I'm going to close it) I'm going to update and patch up some rules:

Your character: I'm going to change it to instead of your character is set right off the bat, once you post two times, bam.  That's when your character will be set.  You may change anything up to that point, but after, nope.

The dialogue: Instead of me sort of dictating the RP to the ending I'm going to kind of let things develop and happen as they go.  Do stick to the main theme though.  I think removing this invisible hand will give players the chance to really make this one interesting.  Dig into your creative side and go for it.

Ok that's all for now.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:39:58 PM by Moongaze »

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: The Pinnacle (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 03:44:19 AM »
alright, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this, also Deathwhisper is a great left field kind of power.

I'll post tomorrow, right now, I'll just put up a character.

Right then...

Name: Asia Kali
Species: Black Rabbit
Sex: Female

Weapons : Primary/Secondary - A simplistic spear about five foot long / An old and ornate katar that has a mechanism where if you press the lever, the blade splits open and there's another blade inside, like this:

Special ability: Supreme stealth at night or in shadow
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 03:46:20 AM »
Awesome!  I look foward to your post.  We're gonna need a few more people to spark this so by all means...  Take your time :)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 04:46:26 AM »
Name: Siya Wrathren
Species: Vampire Bat
Sex: Female
Weapon: blades on the end of her wings, a small sword, small sharp tips on her two index fingers
Special ability: vampire
Ability explanation: to shine in the light XD jk when blood is drank her ability's are increased greatly as well as healing ability but without blood it will have the opposite effect more or less
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:54 AM »
Interesting...  This is going to be fun!

Moar people!  I still need to fill two roles if people wish.  I have dialogue but I feel it will add a better RP experience with people filling them.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
I may join this. It looks like good old-fashioned fun.  ^_^ I need a bit to think it over, though.  B)
x

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 02:52:54 PM »
Absolutely!  The more the merrier!

Post Merge: March 18, 2010, 08:30:05 PM
I forgot an important part of character design!  D'oh!

Feel free at anytime to go ahead and add to your character

Clothing/armor: shirt, pants, robes, chain-mail, etc...
Markings: scars, birthmarks, patches, etc...
Coloring: fur, skin, eyes, etc...

And feel free to add any other details that would help describe your character.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:30:05 PM by Moongaze »

Offline Bronze

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Done by Buddywolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Jaguar
  • Coloring: Darkgrey Base, and neon green spots with Black rings.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 150 lb.
  • Build: Lean athletic
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »
Name:  Ledsen  Astra
Species:  Fox
Eye Colour:  Dark purple
Fur Colour:  Orange with Red in certain parts
Hair colour:  Lighter orange with red ascents on bangs
Markings:  Red sections of fur, that look like slash marks all along the left arm.
Special ability:  Fireballs
Ability explanation:  Can make small things things spontaneously combust or create fireballs the size of a baseball to throw a short distance.

Armour:  Hard leather Vambraces.  Chainmail hauberk stripe pattern with gold and silver coloured metals, hoodless.  Hard leather pauldrons.  Studded brown leather pants.
   Jewellery:  Silver kings weave chain necklace
Clothing:
   Green body tunic, Brown cloak, and buckskin boots and a fur rimmed Shoulder quiver.

Weapons:
   Primary: Longbow.  See http://www.bowstick.com/storefront/images/greensleafbow_greenarrows.jpg
   War bodkin arrows
   Secondary:  Collapsible bladed bo-staff.  The blades are removable and can be used as knives.

Like this (both ends):   http://media.photobucket.com/image/double%20bladed%20bo%20staff/Yannasaleena/POH-2152.jpg  

Tribe:  Neutral
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 03:32:00 PM by Bronze »
Would you like a medium or a large crater?

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
Interesting stuff Bronze!  Ok.  This is now re-open.  Post away in the real thread.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 08:09:58 AM »
I am intrested
Name: Rook
Species: Human
Sex: Male
Coloring: Hair: Black  Skin: Dark Brown
Clothing/armor: Plain white shirt, blue jeans, black thick framed glasses

Weapons: Primary - Dual Arm blade(similar to Edward Elric's http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs41/f/2009/042/8/5/COMMISSION_Edward_Elric_by_ziajaSnk.jpg) Secondary- mini grenades
Special ability: Werewolf/split personality
Ability explanation: Rook was bitten by a werewolf that gave him a violent split personality. He can only transforms when the beast is threatened or excited, when that happens he has no control over his body. Along with becoming a werewolf, he has intense speed and brute strength(beast only)

Offline Cyan

• Avid Aardvark
  • What if I say I'm not like the others?
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Jackal-Arctic Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Close to a fennic's colouring with a black tip on the tail. light violet eyes.
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 85lbs
  • Build: (Very) Petite
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
Is it too late to join?
Heavily Music Oriented.

...Oh gods I lost my papers again...

I have an incredibly good attention span, and am really good at foc-oo! Look! A butterfly!

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 04:55:10 AM »
Not at all.  You can go ahead make a character sheet.  :3

Offline Cyan

• Avid Aardvark
  • What if I say I'm not like the others?
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Jackal-Arctic Fox Hybrid
  • Coloring: Close to a fennic's colouring with a black tip on the tail. light violet eyes.
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 85lbs
  • Build: (Very) Petite
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »
Name: Wraak Vlam
Species: Golden Jackal
Fur Pattern: All Tan
Eye colour: cyan
Clothing: Plain white shirt/pants with a cloak
Weapons: Primary - Classic bow and arrow,except tips made of wood instead of metal and covered in a highly flamable substance, much like what is on the tip of a match.
Secondary - His own claws, which are tipped with amethyst.
Ability: The ability to form and break chemical bonds {IE, break water into the two hydrogen atoms and single oxygen and put them back together}
Heavily Music Oriented.

...Oh gods I lost my papers again...

I have an incredibly good attention span, and am really good at foc-oo! Look! A butterfly!

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57:38 AM »
Hey Moon am I am yes?

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 11:05:43 AM »
Yep.  Go for it man.

Ok...  As of lately this RP has picked up a few people...  So, I'm going to kind of tweak the players (update if you will) the people that will be participating.  Self-sain, Therebeunicorns, and Asiabunny [I believe] are out.  If not...  Feel free to PM me and I'll sort things out.

Ok...

Updated player list:

Moongaze
Bronze (currently away at Mexico chasing the ladies)
Ho'nehevetane (currently waiting on response/charcter sheet)
Cyan

Ok...  I'm going to close this for today to get responses to all this and what not.  I might re-open it later today, I might not...  Once I give the go ahead the main thread is yours.

<Thread Temporarily Closed>
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:18:07 AM by Moongaze »