The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: From The Woods  (Read 18810 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: From The Woods
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2010, 03:32:38 AM »
Lorazys strode past the fields for the whole day, and couldn't find any food. Finally, near sundown, she heard some rustling in the fields just across the river she was drinking from. Her ears perked up and she stalked slowly, looking around to find out what the bustling was coming from. Suddenly, an elk jumped over her from the tall grass, and she doubled back and chased after it. Lorazys tried hard to keep up with the potential catch, but her vision was blurring, having only eaten a single rabbit all day. She shook her head furiously and leapt at the beast, digging her claws into its back and biting hard into its neck. They tumbled a good few meters before she had it down and did her best to bite its neck open. She thought to herself as she struggled with this prize feast. It's times like this, being in a pack had its advantages. Ugh, I can't tell what hurts my head more, the tumbling or the lack of food.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 06:57:57 PM »
Kitt stopped and turned to watch the fox.... cocking his head curiously he continued a couple of metres, and then turned yet again to find the fox mimicking him.... he flicked his tail and cocked his head again...
"I assume you arent trying to eat me?... because if you are you're doing a very bad job of it...."
He turned to look up ahead where the female wolf was struggling with a large elk..... hmmm, if she managed to bring it down... there was the prospect of some scavenging... He turned back to look at the fox, body pressed to the ground, like a coiled spring ready to run...
"Why'r you following me then, fox?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »
With a smack of finality, Amadarie snapped shut her beak after the pleasing meal.  But just as quickly as she ended the feast, she also noticed she had lost sight of the prone wild cat. Oh no, oh no, oh no...well that's no fun... She leaped from the tree branch in a flurry of golden-brown feathers and ascended into the air, the branch rattling in wake of her departure. Now I'm going to have to find him all over again...
x

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »
"Well, there is nothing to do, now is there? I am in a confusing environment, with a clan of foxes that want to kill my in the northern territories, and it is SUCH a beautiful day, that really, who would waste it?"
He crouched down in a mimic of the wildcat.
"I don't know what you usually eat, but mice are fair game. I wouldn't be taking up claws to a wolf any time soon, let alone a wolfess."
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
Lorazys finally managed to kill the wild beast. She breathed heavily as she finally let go and relaxed her jaw a bit. She opened and closed it twice to loosen her jaw muscles before she began to dig in. It is a true feast, indeed, and Lorazys enjoyed every bit of it. Never had she been able to keep enough spoils from the hunt to satisfy her hunger. She ate until she could eat no more, leaving half of the beast lying around in the afternoon sun. She sighed happily, That should last me till morning. Lorazys went on west, feeling a wee bit sluggish and very thirsty. She went back to the stream and drank from it, while letting the blood slowly run off her fur.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 02:36:11 PM »
A squirrel jumps form tree to tree and then stops at the end of a branch and looks over at the stream. "Just what we need" he thinks to him self as he starts to scavenge the tree for something to eat.
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
"Hah! Mice are fair game indeed.... but with a bit of ingenuity somthing larger can be found...."

With that Kitt leapt off in the direction of Lorazys' leftovers, scampering in fast zigzags.... Stopping beside the meat and remains he looked back at the fox...

"I never intend to take claws to any wolfess... but i do intend to take teeth to her leftovers from this kill..."

With that he set about tearing off enough to satisfy his hunger, settling back onto his haunches he chewed away, happily watching the fox.....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 04:51:48 PM »
"These creatures baffle me, fighting one and other for what! Some scraps, how pathetic" he thinks to himself as he finds a suitable nut. He bangs it against the tree to check it but slips out of his hands.... "crap" the nut falls down to the ground bellow and hits a rock and makes a small thud. The squirrel  runs to the far end of the branch to check if anyone heard that.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:45:15 PM by Self-sain »

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 03:35:32 AM »
Amadarie relishes the feeling of wind between her feathers, the feeling of utmost freedom as she pursues her 'entertainment' from far overhead. Four-legged animals could be so much slower than her sometimes. After what seemed like ages (but was more accurately a few minutes) the hawk spotted him...in the middle of a conversation with a fox. Seemed as though the forest dwellers were becoming much more communicative with each other than usual. Par her normal routine, Amadarie began to scout for a tree.
x

Offline Nyyrikkia Anikeria

• The light in the shadows
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Terror of the night.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow dragoness
  • Coloring: Inky black with a deep red underbelly, blood red on the undersides of wings and ice blue eyes that turn blood red when using shadow powers. (see the wonderful avatar made by Niala)
  • Height: 3.2 meters tall
  • Weight: 750 kg
  • Build: Strong and agile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 09:58:07 AM »
The lynx raced through the trees, the low lying brances trying to ensnare her fur. Her eyes fixed upon the hunt, her heart pounding wildly and the thought of a full belly made her run faster. She dug her claws through the loam and shoot forward over a fallen log, her eyes never leaving the brown hare which she chased.
"I have to get this" She thought.
Melanie darted around a tree trunk but only to see the hare vanish into a hole. She skidded to a stop and yowled in rage, clawing at the hole, trying to get to the hare. She reached into the hole and tried to grab it but it was too far in. She sat down in defeat and closed her eyes, catching her breath.
"That seems like the only thing I can catch at this rate."
Her tufted ears flicked as she heard something. She opened her eyes and glanced around to see movement behind a bush. She quietly got up and stalked over the forest floor, hoping despretly that a breaking twig would not announce her presence.
"Maybe something faster will do."
Melanies shape distorted, growing bigger. The cheetah crouched to the ground, her tail flicking in anticipation, her claws flexing into the dirt and prepared to pounce.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:46:47 AM »
Lorazys heard sound back at where she was eating and saw the wildcat. However, she's not even hungry anymore, so might as well leave it alone. She continued to trudge along, heading into the Distant Plain that had no trees in sight. Lorazys sighed and forced herself to trudge along. Well, it's either find it, or die here. And I sure as hell am NOT dying here. Especially to those monsters who killed my pack.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
"Mfrrmhmfff..."
Kitt mumbled somthing before swallowing his mouthfull of meat.... purring happily at the taste he looked up at the fox..
"I said... help yer'self to the free food... much easier to let someone else hunt for you..."
Smirking he continued to chew on the meat, tail flicking rapidly...

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 05:51:53 PM »
Toyo climbed down the tree and picked up his acorn
"Hum... they didn't seem to even twitch at the sound, there either not very observant or they are preoccupied.... and why didn't that one attack?" Toyo crept a little forword and stood on a rock on his two hind legs to try and get a diffrent view

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »
As Amadarie circled, she caught something in the corner of her eye...so very, very small...and she made a wide turn-around. Squirrel. Scent...scent so appetizing...He was standing on his hind legs ontop a rock. Interested in something, just as she had been interested in many things lately. To eat him...or to not eat him? That was the question.
x

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 02:42:18 AM »
Railu was walking through the woods with two other humans. He walked beside his master, Helena as another human walked next to her. The other human was a chubby man who kinda waddled as he walked on his two legs. Both Helena and the man carried long hard stick-like objects. "Stop!" whispered Helena.
Rialu instantly froze in place; his ears perking up listening for anything.
What is it?
Helena slowly set Railu's chain on the ground without making any noise and pointed the stick-like object ahead of her. A deer was behind a bush a few yards off ahead of them. She held it for a few moments before it let out a deafining boom which echoed loudly through the woods. The shot missed and the deer bolted off. "Fetch, Railu!" shouted Helena.
Yes! Fun part!
Railu noticed the deer running away and bolted off after it. He tore through bushes and bounded over rocks and around trees chasing close behind the deer.
I'm gonne get you!
Railu's chain rattled as he continued to chase the deer. He had almost caught the deer when he heard Helena scream then another loud boom echoed through the woods.
Master?!
Railu ran as fast as he could back to Helena, when he got there he saw the fat man over her body stuffing something into the stick-like object he had.
M-Master?!
He knew that the fat man had hurt Helana, so he charged at him as he was knelt down. He saw Railu charging right at him and screamed loudly as Railu tore into his jugular and ravaged the man violently until he stopped moving. After the man fell limp he walked over to Helena's body and nudged her with his muzzle.
Master...? Are you alright, master? Get up...
Helena didn't move, her lifeless body just layed there as Railu started to howl sadly knowing now his master had died.