The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Guitar Players!  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Moongaze

• The original fox hat
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My soundclick page
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: Red/brown fur
  • Height: 5' 8" in anthro form. 3' 5" in feral form.
  • Weight: 130 lbs in anthro, 20 lbs in feral
  • Build: Sleak, athletic build
Guitar Players!
« on: March 14, 2010, 05:04:21 AM »
Hello again TFF!  Any guitar players out there?  If so...  I have some questions!  You don't have to answer all of them.  I'm just giving you more than a few things to think about.  You can explain your experience anyway you'd like.

When did you start playing?

What made you want to pick up the axe?

What guitar(s) do you play?

What amp do you play out of?

If any, what effect pedals do you have?

What inspires you to play?

What are your influences (bands/guitarists)?

Are you trying to emulte a specific guitarist, or band?

Where do you plan to go with it (bedroom rockstar, hobbyist, professional musician)?

Do you play in a band?

Are thinking about starting a band?

What music do you like to play?

How many hours a day do you practice?

Do you consider yourself to be an advanced (skilled) guitarist?

Have you written any songs?  Or do you plan to?

I'll just explain my experience quickly.  My main influences are as followed...

Dream Theater
Opeth
Agalloch
Metallica
Nevermore
Iced Earth
Pantera

I'm not trying to emulate any guitarists tone.  I like each playing style and I want to emulate different playing techniques to improve my own...  But going on a quest to sound just like Johnny Rockstar is a waste of time and money.

I play an Ibanez SA 120 and a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser.  They are tuned to:

Ibanez: Standard (E-A-D-G-B-E)

Schecter: B-Standard (B-E-A-D-G-B-E)

I play out of a Vox VT50 modeling amp.  I'm currently saving up for an all tube Egnator Renegade 212.

I'm currently trying to put a band together.  So far I'm just lacking a bassist.  I have written many songs...  Many are incomplete due to lack of resources.

I consider myself to be an advanced guitarist...  But I'm very sloppy.  Things like sweep picking, economy picking, and the legato/picking technique are hard!  Plus...  It doesn't help that my lead technique is very sloppy...  I consider myself to be more rhythem oriented; however, I could probably do a few little solos.  Nothing like Jeff Loomis or Rusty Cooley...

Right now I'm stuck as a hobbyist but I really want to put an album out get a name out there.

I play mostly metal...  I do like classic rock, but the classics just don't do it anymore...  I like really complex and deep music.  The way I right and play emulates a combonation of complexity and melodic nature of Opeth, the depth and emotion of Agalloch, and the heavy punch of Nevermore.

Lastly...  I practice a lot each day.  I can't think of numbers...  But when I'm not clacking away on my computer I'm head banging away with my guitars. B)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it...  Any questions regarding the guitar?  I'll be glad to answer.