The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A broken foundation  (Read 405 times)

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
A broken foundation
« on: March 11, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »
OK.. based off of some stuff that just happend it got me thinking about how a lot of us have a lot of family problems within the house hold a d I personally think that it would be kinda of nice if there was a thread that we could talk about these issuse instead of us each Havering to make one then wait for someone to reply then someone else have to make another so yea so I guess ill start with mine

OK so my step dads mom lives with us and she makes every one misirable and all she dose is complain and ummm I'm not sure for a good word for it but umm female dogs at me and my siblings every time my mother leaves and all I could think is how peaceful it would be if she just disappeared ((dosent have to mean die ppl)) and my mom lost her job so now we have to put up with her crap because we don't WA t to make her feel bad and move out but shell just randomly come at us and umm "crab" yea I guess that works and I'm trying not to say anything but every time I try to have a conversation she butts in and crap and I just don't k ow what to do
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: A broken foundation
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »
Well if it were me, I can be VERY bitter sometimes toward people who complain to me when it really isn't any of my concern or the other way around. Like when people do that, depending on how annoyed I am, I tell them exactly the way I feel or see things. Sometimes I might even complain back to them after confronting me in the exact same way and eventually they will get the message. Call me immature but it works for me.

Here's a little issue of my own.

My girlfriend. She's very paranoid and also a hypocrite. She's extremely vague and likes to ask you questions she knows the answer to and if you reply with an answer she wasn't expecting, she gets all upset. She would ask "what are we doing today?" and I say: "We could go to the movies." THEN she says. "We could do that." In a tone as if she was saying that she wants to do something else. Of course she denies this and states that she is only agreeing with my suggestion (IT IS MAKING ME INSANE). She thinks that if someone looks at her without any expression it is therefore a dirty look and so she comes crying to me about how all these people are "staring her down." She tells me to "filter" my words when with her family as to not embarrass her. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to use one herself and she ends up embarrassing me in front of a bunch of people I've just me by using inappropriate jokes and giving me credit for teaching her them. All I can do is facepalm at the end of the dinner table.

She likes to talk. That isn't a bad thing; However, if I have nothing to talk about then there's an issue. She thinks that my life is really exciting day after day. Nothing EVER happens that is worth talking about and she get all upset because "I don't ever tell her about important things that go on in my life." I say nothing happens and she doesn't believe me. She has many habits as well, all of which annoy me but I can deal with those for now.

I love spending time with her and I can tell her anything. I like making her happy when she's sad or angry. I love her but I really would like a change in her attitude. Whenever I confront her about this she gets upset and then I feel bad. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:30:00 AM by Spike »

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: A broken foundation
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:13:52 PM »
Well the whole point of that is that I can't because then shell be "up set" and complain that no one respects her a s then move out so yea

And umm I'm not sure what you want because I souls say not be with her but that's not an option so I guess talk to her about it and if that dosent work then just deal with it I guess. :/
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<