The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Your High School Stereotype Discussion Board  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Your High School Stereotype Discussion Board
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:19:42 PM »
Hey everyone! This is the place to share what kind of high school stereotype you were and discuss it with everyone else!

In high school, I was the geek that everyone picked on that started nerdy clubs. In my case, I had started the anime club and the trading card club (Played lots of Magic: The Gathering and Yu-Gi-Oh).

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
Re: Your High School Stereotype Discussion Board
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »
I'm a senior in high school right nao!

I'm not really a nerd though.  I'm more mixed in with everybody.  I have friends in every group.  However, I do hangout with the people that play Yugioh the most.  I love that game.

Some guy actually walked past us the other day and said, "Hey, it's the nerd herd."  All I could think was wow did Seto Kaiba just walk past us?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
lolz. in college, i was called the neo-kaiba because i started our card club there, too, and i had all my cards up for trade and decks in different tins and carried them all in a suitcase.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 05:30:11 PM »
I don't really know which stereotype I was. I wasn't really a jock, prep, emo, goth, nerd, etc. I was just "normal", I guess. Of course, there weren't really many stereotype "cliques" in my small school...mainly just different groups of friends that you couldn't stereotype.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »
I guess I was more of a computer geek, I loved fixing computers, toying with gaming consoles and modding portables. I could have made so much money if I charged people for half of the stuff I did and I was very annoyed with the fact that I had helped the high school fix ENTIRE lab carts of laptops and I got absolutely NO credit NO scholarships for all of that work. I still do not like Central Valley High School >:(.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:08:31 PM »
I was pretty much an outsider, but was more ignored than teased and had a few close friends that hung out all the time with me, during lunch, on the steps in the Art Hall. I was the school weirdo: a combination geek, emo, pervert, psycho, neo and girly-girl. But I had my buds, so I was good to go despite my outsider qualities.  B)
x

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 08:48:39 PM »
I had like one or two friends as well, I too had that "outsider" status, but that changed easily for all of those who actually cared to speak with me. I did help out with whatever I could when I was offered the opportunity on campus which also gave me that "Medic" personality rating and more annoyingly called "Softy" by a couple of friends. I did participate in the GSA *Gay-Straight Alliance* ~In secret~, NHS *National Honor's Society*, Art Club for one year, Film Club and SkillsUSA ~By force once >.>... but at least I got a United States Senator's approval letter~.

I felt like I contributed something worth while to the school when I left. A couple of my works made it to art shows from Computer Graphics class; the "Xbox" and "Planets" photos in my art section were the ones that made the cut. In Multimedia class I helped the teacher a lot with how to use the Adobe programs and I even contributed several new methods to use Dreamweaver for the beginners at school. I was the only student to take Web Page Design II on the campus in my graduating year which gave me that "over-achiever" nickname among some peers even though I was definitely not Valedictorian just above average. At last I did aid several students in Web Page Design on their projects and hosted two websites for a period of 6 months for a catering business and the Central Valley Film Club which still exists today.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Bronze

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Done by Buddywolf
    • Awards
  • Species: Jaguar
  • Coloring: Darkgrey Base, and neon green spots with Black rings.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 150 lb.
  • Build: Lean athletic
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 09:45:51 PM »
I'm told that I annoy a lot of people because they can't stereotype me.  Personally, I'd have to agree with them.  I don't fit in a specific spot.  I'm 100% all original me.  Nobody's really caught onto the tail though  :P
Would you like a medium or a large crater?

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17:35 PM »
Hummm... I'm not sure I guess gemo ((Gothic emo ^_^)) but that's to the out side world >.> <.< I have few frinds for many reasons I guess its because I'm kinda of misanthrope but its k but it gets lonely some times hexadecimal I have no fronds in school because all my fronds ho to different schools... but other times the ppl around me help me remember  why I am
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 11:25:01 PM »
I am currently in high school. I am good with the technology so I hang around computers and stuffs. well, I use to hang around there till I started hanging by the security kiosk. The security is really nice. Anyway, I am around some peoples who act a little strange. Its hard not to have fun around them. I usually don't know what to say so I am quiet most of the time. I like looking out the windows a lot.
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
None, really. Although people seem to call me "emo" based... off my hair, which is never over my eyes, and my playing of musical instruments... Apart from that I don't see where I fit into them.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 12:29:49 AM »
I got the unkempt hair, so i can be classed as 'dirty' (it's better that way anyways, no combing needed it falls into place)

I'd say i fall under nerdy kid,= (i had an argument over the story of God of War 3 today)
hangs out with freshmen
Film student who really wants to Film
'just there' kid
and hilarious comedian to some of the freshmen

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
I got the unkempt hair, so i can be classed as 'dirty' (it's better that way anyways, no combing needed it falls into place)

I'd say i fall under nerdy kid,= (i had an argument over the story of God of War 3 today)
hangs out with freshmen
Film student who really wants to Film
'just there' kid
and hilarious comedian to some of the freshmen

so i'm guessin you're the typical stinky kid of the school, huh?

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
Nah not the stinky kid (i shower and brush teeth and all o that goodness, just not comb, hair falls naturally into place)

just the kid who's there, trying to get through the day without causing a problem for anyone.
Knowing my luck something happens.

And we got an unofficial Yugioh club at my school.

it's wierd cause some members dress up in Fedora's and pea coats, and have a table just randomly away from all the noise in the middle of the hallway
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:41:15 AM by Gabag »

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 12:50:30 AM »
I've got a blue coat i like to wear when I'm dueling that looks strangely like that of mr. Joey Wheeler.  My nickname at school is actually Jounochi, probably because he is my favorite character and I've modeled my deck like the one he used in the show.