The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 125427 times)

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Saw
« Reply #795 on: January 14, 2018, 05:47:33 PM »
The Vault 7/10
Started out slow but ended well. A good old-fashioned ghost story.

Yoga Hosers ?/10
I'm not sure how to feel about this one. It was a train wreck, but I don't know how much of its train-wreckiness was intentional. And I'm not sure who it was made for (beside the two stars). It's about two Canadian millenials, but the most prominent cameo is one only 20-40 year olds from the LA area are likely to recognize.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #796 on: January 24, 2018, 11:24:15 AM »
The shape of water: 7.7/10

The shape of water was a solid film, no question about it, and maybe it DID deserve 13 oscar nominations, the story is interesting, the characters unique and so forth. But, I dunno, perhaps its because I was expecting the next pans labyrinth that I was a little disappointed. Mind you, it had many of the elements of pans labyrinth, the fantasy cross with a real and gritty scenario, but something was missing, the movie didn't feel as deep and felt more like, poetic. And there's nothing wrong with poetic, but pans labyrinth gave something frightening, yet intriguing and sophisticated, while the shape of water gets the intriguing part right but not much else. It's not a bad film, I will recommend this film because it is a great film, I guess I just went into it with too high expectations.

All the money in the world: 6.8

I'm really disappointed that Kevin Smith turned out to be a sexual predator, because he might of saved this movie. Sure, there was nothing really wrong Christopher Plummer's performance but I guess, his performance was "as expected", an old grouchy billionaire who is constantly there to make a buck, I kinda feel Kevin would have given more life to the character, but perhaps that's just speculation. The movie itself has an interesting premise, it has an interesting enough story but it was really emotionally investing, to me it just kinda felt, average. And that's why it just gets an average review.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline magemashers

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
« Reply #797 on: April 01, 2018, 11:39:38 PM »
Transformers: The Last Knight 9/10

I mean, it’s everything I want in a transformer movie but, my question, What happened to Galvatron? He isn’t in it at all? Like, unlike the others that follow each other pretty well, there was a complete skip on him (I hope Bay is actually gonna continue the series so I can know) but that aside, the movie was actually pretty good. Hit me right in the feels, I mean, any scene with bee just melts me immediately but. This. Movie. Broke me.  (I’m not good at reviewing movies or rating but here’s my hot take on how the 5th movie turned out

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #798 on: April 16, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
Three billboards outside Ebbing Missouri: 8.4/10

Definitely my top move of 2017, I was pleasantly surprised by this masterpiece. Coming from the same director of In Bruges, which is a great film, but that film lacked a sort of emotional connection that three billboards gives. It's funny, sad, frightening, exciting and all sorts all wrapped in one. What I really appreciated is that the story isn't based on a real one, though you definitely expect it to be, how does someone take the concept of three billboards and just make it so darn interesting and complicated. The actress is also amazing, the line where she says "Robby!", well those who've seen the movie probably know what I'm talking about, chilling.

Phantom Thread: 7.1/10

Phantom Thread is a very poetic film for the snobby film critics, it feels a bit like Oscar bet that is entirely hanging on Daniel's performance. The story itself is somewhat interesting and unusual but it's really nothing that special, the movie is just kinda "eh". And while Daniel Day Lewis is fantastic in it, as he always is, its not enough to make the movie interesting. Just wasn't my movie.

Ready Player One: 7.4/10

Ready player one is a fun romp with loads of video game references, breathtaking action sequences and a really interesting setting. The plot and characters aren't top notch, it's really movie directed for young teenagers and old kids, don't expect too much from it but if you're willing to enjoy it for what it is, you'll have a blast!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline AceAurora

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Coloring: Black Red and Green
  • Height: 6' 2"
  • Weight: 220
  • Currently: Looking for somewhere to get Sushi
« Reply #799 on: April 18, 2018, 04:04:04 AM »
John Wick vol. 1

7/10

I liked the action and the ways of killing are original but I do have to admit that it felt like it dragged on it parts.
  • Signature art by: Me/ StarryBadWolf

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #800 on: October 24, 2018, 11:42:19 PM »
I don't remember the last movie I saw literally, but the last movie I saw in theaters was Rouge One. I'd give it a 3/10 because while it had some interesting character moments, I was bored and uninterested throughout the most part.

• Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Brisky

• Awkward armour
  • Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum. Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Spooky, isn't it?
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: WereTonk
  • Coloring: Black with gold stripes
« Reply #801 on: October 26, 2018, 06:55:06 PM »
Trainspotting.

Just... Wow...

It's unbelievable that they could pull a movie off with so much humor and absurd moment, despite still getting such serious and moving scenes. The movie really felt like a life's story. But not in a boring fashion. No, it was funny, horrifying, full of relief, happiness.

Just... You get the point, it's a good movie.

Only crit I've got was that the ending wasn't really that good, imo. It was a very satisfying ending, but it was just really unexpected and kinda felt out of pace. But that's all...

Oh, and it has Ewan Mcgregor in it so it's really cool....

Offline Corran Orreaux

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #802 on: October 27, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »
Monkey Shines (1988)

This movie was better than any right it had to be, but surprisingly, the acting was pretty good from most parties, especially the main character Allan. The movie is about a man (Allan) who becomes paralyzed after being hit by a car. A friend of his who is a scientist working on an experiment meant to give monkey's human-level intelligence. The scientist has the monkey trained by a woman who specializes in training monkey's to be used as assistants for the disabled. The monkey who is given to Allan slowly turns evil due to the experiments sill committed upon her by the scientist, even though she is caring for Allan. Allan forms a physic connection to the monkey, and the monkey fosters Allan's hate, turning him into a different person, a person that only thinks of revenge.

Overall, 7/10         

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2018, 05:48:06 AM »
Sorry to Bother You

10/10

This was waaaaaay weirder than the previews made it look, in a great way. If you like strange, subversive movies with lots of off-beat humor, I highly recommend it, especially since there's elements that might be of particular interest to members of this forum. I can't say any more without getting spoilery.

Content warning for sex and explicit nudity though. Viewer discretion is advised.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #804 on: November 26, 2018, 12:19:22 AM »
The Last Unicorn: 10/10

I never thought I'd have a high opinion of a Rankin/Bass movie until I saw "The Flight of Dragons" two years ago. The Last Unicorn follows... well, a female Unicorn as she discovers the fate of her own kind. Along the way, she meets Schmedric the wannabe magcian, Molly Grue, the fiance of a discount Robin Hood, and Prince Lir, adopted heir to a collapsed throne run by the hedonistic King Haggard.

(Spoilers Ahead)

The theme of this story is a deconstruction to the modern day special snowflake syndrome. Nobody who's come into the "token" category is finding any fulfillment. The Unicorn turns into a human, to escape from a giant bull, and takes the name "Lady Amalthea." Immediately, Prince Lir tries to win her over, and fails to impress her with his impressive resume of deeds and conquests. Molly Grue (if I understood her backstory correctly; I only really watch movies while doing something else) took on a bargain bin Robin Hood, and missed out on life's real wonders, supposedly represented in this universe by Unicorn encounters. Schmedric got roped into cohosting a fraudulant zoo by an old witch. Molly Grue and Schmedric, by the way, are among the rare few who can see the Unicorn's horn. It is invisible to most men, causing them to think that she is nothing more than a mare. She learns this during a nasty encounter with a greedy farmer.

The theme song, sung by America, is among the most heartbreaking things I've ever heard. The whole film is available on YouTube. I'd consider getting it on DVD.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #805 on: April 18, 2019, 08:49:48 PM »
Was Sorry to Bother You that good? Gonna have to watch it then. Still suprised Riley directed a film

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs - 7/10 ish

Some parts of it kinda lacked, but it was a western. Even if it was more focused on comedy, it was a western. Not enough of those..

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #806 on: April 18, 2019, 11:33:35 PM »
Pet Sematary (2019)

It was okay. I haven't read the book not the first movie so I have no idea how this holds up compared to both of those. It was definitely thrilling and the cinematography was pretty good too - I really liked the makeup on the characters but I'll admit that some of the special effects looked really cheap while others looked absolutely grand. Also, the cat was cute (even as a zombie/weird demon thingy)!

Overall, 7/10 dead cats.

• Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Rob_Silvermyst

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • King of Furgasta
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Furiffic Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Archangel Wolf
  • Coloring: Silver/White (fur), White (Wings), Gold (Eyes)
  • Height: 6ft
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Tone
  • Currently: Tea with a fascinating stranger is one of life's true delights.
« Reply #807 on: May 17, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »
Detective Pikachu: 8/10

Visuals: Gorgeous
Story: Typical Hollywood fare. A bit meh at the start, but gets much better as it goes.
Music: Gorgeous

Ultimately, this is the new bar of quality that all gaming movies need to be held to. While the story could have been done better, it is leagues better than any game movie that has been made so far. On a side note, Mewtwo is absolutely gorgeous!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #808 on: May 26, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »
Detective Pikachu: 8/10

Visuals: Gorgeous
Story: Typical Hollywood fare. A bit meh at the start, but gets much better as it goes.
Music: Gorgeous

Ultimately, this is the new bar of quality that all gaming movies need to be held to. While the story could have been done better, it is leagues better than any game movie that has been made so far. On a side note, Mewtwo is absolutely gorgeous!

I agree with this. It felt like a desert that was just topping, delicious but without any real substance. It was more forgettable than it should have been IMO.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #809 on: June 25, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »
Movie - Monster House.

Visuals - -6/10. The characters are so jittery, oh my gosh.
Story - Darker than expected, but still fun to go through.
Music - Eh.

I loved this movie as a child, but as a young adult, I can't get the same feeling of dread and suspense from it. Still, maybe the rose-tinted glasses are affecting me too heavily or I just have a soft-spot for children's movies, I loved (still do) this movie. It's wonderfully okay, but means a lot.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.