The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 126672 times)

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Saw
« Reply #645 on: April 03, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »
Captain America: The Winter Soldier: 8.9/10

Spoiler for Hidden:

I absolutely love this movie. I can't say this movie is better than the first one, because I loved the World War II era, but I can't say it's any worse because the movie is just that good. Probably what's greatest about this movie is that you essentially get four Marvel heroes in one sitting; Captain America, Black Widow, Falcon and Nick Fury. Nick Fury is actually fairly badass in this, even if he spends a good majority of the movie gone.

What's also great about the movie is all of the conspiracy. I'm glad that they keep it apparent that Cap doesn't like how the world has evolved, in terms of people having to sacrifice freedoms for securities. It really makes me think that if they wanted, they could make a Civil War movie series if they wanted to, but now I'm just trailing off.

I had already predicted who the main villain would be, aside from the obvious Winter Soldier, but it ended up being slightly different and on a much larger scale than I imagined. Essentially all of Hydra had infiltrated SHIELD with the intent of ruling over the world with Next-Gen Helicarriers, but are obviously stopped last second by the heroes of the movie.

I'm excited for what this sets up, though at the same time I really have no clue how this is going to evolve, as they can take multiple routes branching off of this. It is definitely a good movie and a must see if you're into the Marvel Video Universe.

Offline Nicklaus Morgan

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Bone? You have no bone!
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Green, Yellow and Blue
  • Currently: RE6 ftw ^^
« Reply #646 on: April 03, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
American Hustle 8/10

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2014, 11:52:02 AM »
The Lego Movie 7.8/10

This was truly a funny, awesome, witty, cool advertisement for Lego. Although the movie clearly WAS advertising, it was still a hoot to watch with some very funny and interesting jokes, catchy music numbers and insane action scenes. Not only is the movie funny but a lot of the movie parallels actual level building, like players of the lego- city following instructions and "master builders" being creative, the problems people have with building too many things on one model and so forth. One of my favourite aspects of the movie was the made-to-look-like stop motion animation. The movie was digital, but a lot of the movie is crafted to look like stop motion, usually to quite comedic effects in the animation style itself. The biggest problem with the movie was the FULL ON action scenes that had millions of things going on at once with no focus, it was very easy for a viewer to get lost in most of the action scenes. Other then that, a solid movie.

• Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
  • If it ain't furry, it ain't fuzzy!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skiger
  • Currently: Grrrfuzzled
« Reply #648 on: May 07, 2014, 03:30:15 AM »
Amazing Spiderman 2 - 4 out of 5

Better than the first one IMO!

Pretty stoked about The Sinister Six and Venom/Carnage getting their own movies as well!
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Full Details/Info/FAQ

FNF on Twitter

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
« Reply #649 on: May 07, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »
I'm gonna give Amazing Spiderman 2 an 8 out of 10.

I liked this one a lot, more so than the first one, but I wish they wouldn't have tried so hard to fit as much as they did into a two hour time slot. I get that they wanna set up for their spinoffs, but it totally wrecked the pacing of this movie e.e

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #650 on: May 08, 2014, 04:29:19 PM »
Amazing Spiderman 2: 5/10

I didn't actually like Amazing Spiderman 2, although the action was good and the character of "Electro" was excellent, Harry, Peter, Gwen and especially Peter's Aunt are extremely annoying and IMO, poorly acted. I just feel their acting is extremely 1 dimensional and shallow and any problems that occur near the start seem pointless near the end and some things that could be considered morally grey, are seen as "good" because spiderman did it. The character of Rhino only showed up for a few scenes (though I loved the exaggerated Russian Accent) and the Green Goblin is built up so much only to show up for literally one scene (though I think he'll come back in the third movie). All in all, it had good action and some good music (albeit it all being dubstep, still worked with the style of the movie)  and a surprising ending, but it's unlikeable and poorly acted characters ruined it for me.

The Grand Budapest Hotel: 7.8/10

This was an interesting movie, this screams "The Coen Brothers" without actually being done by the Coen Brothers. It's an enchanting movie with a very interesting storyline and relatively odd pacing, where events seem to continually roll forward and it seems somehow not rushed and natural. It's a comedy, but more of a black comedy than anything else. The visual style of the movie is fantastic, with saturated colours, brilliant cinematography, a rather oddly shot ski sled scene and just plane vibrantness (not a word but ah well). Generally it's a good story, but the pacing has everything roll forward that it can be somewhat hard to get invested in the ACTUAL story or the characters, because you don't have time to reflect! That coupled with a very anti-climatic and rushed ending drop this down to below an 8, still a good movie though, worth a watch!

Pan's Labyrinth: 9.3 / 10

Well the last movie I gave a 9.3 too was fight club, a movie I truly enjoyed, and this movie really caught me off guard. When I got it I realized it was in Spanish and I, not being a fan of subtitled movies, almost stopped watching. But alas, I kept going and it was probably one of the best decisions of the night. This movie is extremely captivating with tragedy, mystery and fantasy all linked into a package where reality and fairy tale break apart at the seams. A world of a gritty World War 2 story juxtaposed with a lovely, yet unnerving, fantasy fable, leads to an experience that hasn't quite been captured by any other movie. There are only a few movies that leave me absolutely speechless and this one is one of them. The Spanish actually gives the movie more character than less, the visuals are remarkable (with very little CGI!) and the ending is breath taking. Truly an unbelievable film that I'd recommend!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #651 on: May 10, 2014, 04:21:36 AM »

I didn't actually like Amazing Spiderman 2, although the action was good and the character of "Electro" was excellent, Harry, Peter, Gwen and especially Peter's Aunt are extremely annoying and IMO, poorly acted.

Oh wow, really? So you think Tobey Mcguire played a better Spidey than Andrew Garfield? I think Garfield blows Mcguire out of the water with his acting and portrayal of Parker/Spidey. I also think Gwen was played well by Emma Stone. I have to agree with you about the actress who plays Aunt May though. She's not terrible IMO, but not as good as actresses who played her in the past.

The actor who played Harry I thought did ok. Not near as good as James Franco from the other Spidey flicks, but I loved him in the movie Chronicle.

National Lampoons: TV The Movie - 3/5

Featuring Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Wee Man, and Preston Lacey (He wrote it) from Jackass as well as other actors including Lee Majors. I thought it was pretty damn hilarious, and I recommend it to anyone who likes stupid ass silly comedy like that of Jackass, and who has Netflix. I especially loved the stuff with Steve-O because he's just the biggest goof ever. One TV show spoof they did was called "Miami Mice" where Wee Man and that lil person actor from Bad Santa and other movies played midget cops, and a chase between Wee Man and Steve-O on a skate board went down. Steve-O ollied and fell off his board then Wee Man shot him and Steve-O just yelled out "You shot me, you dick!".... Yeah, mindless, retarded comedy like that makes me lulz.  Jay from Jay and Silent Bob plays a roll in one of the spoofs as well, and all kinds of other actors.

Knockout - 2.5/5

Stone Cold Steve Austin plays an ex boxer now high school janitor who teaches a bullied kid how to box so he can stand up for himself as well as join the schools boxing team. That's pretty much the gist of it. Not a bad movie, not a superb movie. Middle of the road, like most of Stone Cold's movies... Which is a shame because I think Steve Austin is a decent actor, while type-casted to play the same character over and over more or less, he never achieved the Hollywood status Duwayne Johnson has gotten. I mean The Rock is a good actor as well, but with the right roles and opportunities, I think Steve Austin could be close to, if not on par with The Rock in Hollywood.
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

FNF on Twitter

Offline TheZappiest

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • I feel Atomic!
  • Species: Iguana
  • Coloring: Blue back, white belly, purple spines
  • Height: 7'10"
  • Weight: 231 lbs.
  • Build: Barrel-chested but pudgy
  • Currently: 20% More METAL
« Reply #652 on: May 27, 2014, 02:26:23 AM »
Godzilla: King of Monsters - 8/10

I'd love to give such a classic and well respected cinematic treasure a higher rating, but the alteration between the Japanese and American films (namely the slow and tedious explaining of every plot point to us "stupid" Americans) can be really distracting. Don't take this a deterrent - go see this film if you can, it's a moving and well-acted piece with a sense od tragedy, pacing that occasionally drags but impressive effects for the time and a foreboding moral on humanity's conduction of nuclear testing played in front of a score as ominous as the monster itself. If you want all the drama without Mr. Martin explaining it play-by-play, watch the original Japanese release - doing a bit of reading never hurt, just like with the fantasy film Pan's Labyrinth or the WWII comedy-drama Life is Beautiful.

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #653 on: May 27, 2014, 02:08:24 PM »
X-men: Days of Future Past
Its a great movie! I enjoyed it. '
Spoiler for Hidden:
the mechanics of time travel are also great.
wired as right now

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #654 on: May 31, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
Godzilla - 3 out of 5

- Good cast, good balance of cgi, decent story, biggest criticism is that Godzilla didn't get enough screen time compared to human screen time/drama considering he is the title character of the film.

Neighbors - 3 out of 5

- Pretty hilarious, good chemistry between the actors, good writing, a little watered down in some scenes.

X-Men: Days of Future Past - 3 out of 5

- Great action, great effects, good story despite not explaining how Xavier came back after being destroyed by the Phoenix in the third film, and messing with other continuity factors from both the recent past movies, and comics.

A Million Ways to Die in the West - 2.5 out of 5

- It was decent enough and had it's great comedic writing, however not as funny as I expected a Seth Macfarlane movie to be. Ted was much funnier, as is Family Guy/American Dad. Macfarlane's live action acting isn't as strong as his voice actor work, and Liam Neeson felt like he was going through the motions rather than having fun with it.
Furry N' Fuzzy

FNF on Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #655 on: June 01, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
X-Men: Days of Future Past - 3 out of 5

- Great action, great effects, good story despite not explaining how Xavier came back after being destroyed by the Phoenix in the third film, and messing with other continuity factors from both the recent past movies, and comics.

Actually, that continuity is explained in "The Wolverine" (the Xmen movie that takes place before Future Past and after the 3rd film). At the end of the third film it is shown (in an end credit scene) that Xavier transmitted his consciousness into another persons body just before he died. This is confirmed in The Wolverine where Xavier directly tells Wolverine that he managed to do this. Because the person he transmitted his consciousness in, apparently, looks the same as Xavier, it is thought to be (perhaps) his brother, or that he actually changed the appearance himself (though this is never explained). Believe it or not the movie actually "wraps up" a  lot of continuities that already existed within the movies (though of course, the movies are just adaptions of the comics so aren't the same). For example, in "Xmen Origins: Wolverine" Xavier is standing up walking around, while in "Xmen: First Class" Xavier got shot in the back and couldn't walk. How Xavier managed to start walking again is explained in "Future Past" with that serum Beast designed. So it actually gets rid of more continuities than it creates.

Also

I didn't actually like Amazing Spiderman 2, although the action was good and the character of "Electro" was excellent, Harry, Peter, Gwen and especially Peter's Aunt are extremely annoying and IMO, poorly acted.

Oh wow, really? So you think Tobey Mcguire played a better Spidey than Andrew Garfield? I think Garfield blows Mcguire out of the water with his acting and portrayal of Parker/Spidey. I also think Gwen was played well by Emma Stone. I have to agree with you about the actress who plays Aunt May though. She's not terrible IMO, but not as good as actresses who played her in the past.

The actor who played Harry I thought did ok. Not near as good as James Franco from the other Spidey flicks, but I loved him in the movie Chronicle.

Yep, I do think Tobey did a better job. He might of slumped a bit during the third film but for the first two films I thought he was excellent.

Xmen: Days of Future Past: 7.8/10

This was a good movie! Clearly made by the same people who made First Class which was also a good movie. It seemed Xmen went through a giant slump since Xmen 3: The Last Stand. I mean with Xmen Origins and Xmen Wolverines being absolutely terrible (IMO) it was nice to see a good new Xmen movie of Xmen First Class. Future Past further expands on that good movie vibe by giving a movie with excellent action, hilarious sequences (quick silver may be one of the funniest xmen so far) and good drama. Also a surprising ending.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) 8.2/10

This was a very captivating and interesting film. It follows an investigator finding out how a certain person was murdered as he gets help from a troubled and disturbed young computer hacker. The film is a bit confusing at first, especially because it seemed the dialogue was far too soft compared to the background music, it was difficult to hear what some people were saying in several sections of the film, sometimes to the point where I was forced to put subtitles on. The film starts off slow, but progresses into a very dark turn with one of the most confronting scenes I've seen in a movie. However, it quickly moves to a more exilirating and badass pace and doesn't stop from there on. The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo is a mature action adventure that is both realistic, captivating and, in some ways, disturbing. A great film

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #656 on: June 01, 2014, 08:40:49 PM »
That explains that then. I haven't seen The Wolverine yet.
Furry N' Fuzzy

FNF on Twitter

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »
Seven Samurai (1954) - 9/10
Pretty damn good movie and well worth the watch

Magnificent Seven (1960) - 8.5/10
Also a pretty damn good movie, but for a 2 hour movie, some points seem a bit rushed.

You may or may not know that Magnificent Seven was based off of Seven Samurai, but with Cowboys and Mexicans instead of Samurai and Farmers.
Both are in essence the same movie, however the original was 3 hours as opposed to 2. I felt this rushed things a bit in Magnificent and they left out much of the character development for the Farmers and left out a good bit of the comedy that was also in Samurai.
One thing I really liked about Magnificent though was the final battle which went completely different and really made the fight that bit more epic.

You may also know that the Seven Samurai movie was adapted into the anime Samurai Seven (woah name change of note)
The Anime took a lot more liberties and actually continued along with the story, but was just as good as these two movies before it.
If you're looking for something good to watch, check these guys out.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #658 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:13 PM »
City of God: 8.0 / 10

This is a very interesting story about a kid named Rocket and his life in a slums of Rio, Brazil, commonly known in the movie as "Cidade de Dues" or translated to English "City of God". This movie is quite amazing, it moves through many characters lives as they grow from kids to adults and emphasis the battle between hoods (Hoodlums, who are essentially adolesents who steal, kill and sell drugs) and cops (who are more often than not corrupt). It paints a realistic portrayal of life in the slums, though at the start it seems to have little direction and introduces a whole lot of story-in-storiness. However, when a key character named "Lil' Dice" becomes notorious drug lord "Lil' Z" the movie becomes a lot more focused.

The movie raises a lot of issues with corruption, motivation, morality and so forth. For example, Lil' Z is a psycho, literally killing anyone and everyone he comes in contact with without remorse. Yet in doing so, he controls the entire slums and actually has made the City of God a safer place as no one is willing to commit crime lest they face the wrath of Lil Z'. The movie is quite simply fantastic as a crime drama and it's even more so when you find out it's actually based off of a true story. The biggest downside with this movie that I had was the subtitles. It's not in English and there's a lot of talking and it's very quick, so the subtitles flash across the screen too quickly to be able to read in some cases. Despite this, the movie plays out well and I'd recommend to anyone who can handle subtitles.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #659 on: June 24, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
Wolf Creek 2:  7.5/10

Good fun!  Not quite the tension of the first film, but since that doesn't have any evidence Mick Taylor's nasty side until halfway through and the sequel can't play that same trick, that's understandable.  Instead there are a few false leads for who will be the 'survivor character' whom we follow which keeps the audience guessing.  Some amusing lines which I think are in keeping with the dark tone without turning it camp.

A little more focus on splatter which was dropped from the first film as it was thought to reduce the build up.  Some great moments of Australiana, which sounds odd but for any Aussies who find Waltzing Matilda more an anthem than Advance Australia Fair, this one's for you :D

Cements Mick Taylor as an iconic screen villain and Australian archetype on par with Mick Dundee.

Only let down for me was the ending which I thought was a little tacked on rather than being the culmination of the story arc.