The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rate The Last Movie You Saw  (Read 126675 times)

Offline Maine

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Cheers, big ears!
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Navy blue.
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 64kg
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: NOTHING. <w<
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Saw
« Reply #615 on: January 12, 2014, 01:18:39 PM »
The Book Theif: 8.3/10

Most certainly did the book justice. In fact, the two are a tragic but fantastic duo.
  • Avatar by: The lovely (and talented) Nobi! <3

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #616 on: January 12, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: 7.8/10

Whether it be that I wasn't in the right mood for it, or I was just too used to mindbending movies, this movie had me slightly disappointed from its very generous 8.8 on IMDB. Not to say the movie was bad, the movie was terrific, it was funny, tragic, sad, interesting and compelling, but at the same time it was very chaotic and in a sense had me cringing as all this commotion was going on. The movie was interesting but I didn't really enjoy it, the storyline didn't seem to really conclude or progress, it was "I'm gonna escape" and it doesn't really change from that for the entire movie. The movie was definitely worth a watch, but it doesn't get its high praise from me.

Memento: 8.1

Now here's an interesting movie, a movie played in reverse chronological order and done in a way that is very well. Basically, the guy has short term memory loss, so the director thought that if he made the viewer watch a scene and not actually know what happened before the scene he was watching, the viewer would be just as confused as the character. This is done very well and leads to some very interesting and complex and conclusions, I could imagine watching it forwards would kill pretty much the entire mystery of the movie. The movie is good, but at the same time not very confusing. There is an obvious pattern to the scene progression and really doesn't spur much thought after the movie is done, not like Donnie Darko anyway.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline HyenaKing

• rock out with your cute out
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • shut up, you're a dream
    • Awards
  • Species: what u think
  • Coloring: whiteish
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Build: sheesh
  • Currently: writing.
« Reply #617 on: January 12, 2014, 07:55:13 PM »
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: 7.8/10

Whether it be that I wasn't in the right mood for it, or I was just too used to mindbending movies, this movie had me slightly disappointed from its very generous 8.8 on IMDB. Not to say the movie was bad, the movie was terrific, it was funny, tragic, sad, interesting and compelling, but at the same time it was very chaotic and in a sense had me cringing as all this commotion was going on. The movie was interesting but I didn't really enjoy it, the storyline didn't seem to really conclude or progress, it was "I'm gonna escape" and it doesn't really change from that for the entire movie. The movie was definitely worth a watch, but it doesn't get its high praise from me.

I loved that movie. Jsut did.

I.Q.
8/10

Quite funny
wired as right now

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #618 on: January 19, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
There Will Be Blood: 8.5/10

I know I've been ranking all my movies relatively high but that's because they ARE extremely good. I've been sifting through all of the great movies that I've been meaning to watch and this movie truly lived up to expectations. For those of you who don't recognize the movie by name, here's a reminder: "I.... drink.... your.... MILKSHAKE!". The movie is extremely well written with very strong acting, the storyline jumps around a bit but it needs to in order to cover such a large basis. The movie gives you a false sense of security and delves you into a seemingly light-hearted story about business triumph, and then it literally carves those hopes out of you through the corruption, greed and amorality that is required to do these tasks. It is truly a horrific movie to watch, but a very well played one, very good and extremely tantalizing. I would definitely recommend.

Frozen: 7.7

On the other side of the scale is a nice fun disney adventure. This movie was very funny and had very nice characters that the audience can warm up to easily. For a disney film it's relatively dark with some sub-themes and context, but that just adds to the experience. The film itself is quite good, the singing is good, the music is good but one of the best parts of the film is the message it gives. Disney adapts to cultural viewpoints and going from there old "Be a princess" viewpoint that were in all the other disney films, this takes it in a new and great direction. The jokes in the movie are very funny, with the raindeer and the snowman being the star of the show, it truly is a fun experience and definitely something I'd recommend for a light hearted movie!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #619 on: January 24, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
The Wolf of Wallstreet: 8.2
  I was lucky enough to get free tickets to the premier screening of this movie at my local cinema! So the movie starts out at a hilarious, pumping, chaotic adrenaline rush and doesn't stop throughout the three hours of movie, and it doesn't get tiring either! There's enough witty dialogue, whacky situations, twists, turns and brilliant acting to keep you entertained amidst the drugs, sex, money and crime. A side note is the editing can be a bit strange at times, although later I read this was on purpose it can be a bit off-putting at times. The movies plot also doesn't really have a linear path, for a majority of the movie it's just people [doing things] that have no real significance to the overall plot, but are just there to get a good laugh. The movie, however,  is definitely worth a watch for someone interested in a bombastic black comedy that is both crazy, intelligent and breaks all laws of film making. The movie is independent so get ready to see lots of nudity, LOTS of drugs and just a whole bunch of crazy shenanigans.

The Godfather: 8.2
  The Godfather is one of the most critically acclaimed movies of all time and so I was very willing to see what all the fuss was about. The movie was good, it was incredible in terms of acting, had a very solid story, had a believable environment, lots of characters, realistic portrayal of events and really does make organized crime look cool. The movie is good, it's slow at times and for some reasons there's entire lengths of scenes, some over ten minutes long, that are in Italian without subtitles. I mean, I understand the want to be authentic, but if the audience can't understand what's going on in a scene I feel that retracts from the experience rather than adds to it, subtitles would of been nice in my opinion. The movie is good though! The violent scenes are very suspenseful, the dialogue scenes are very engaging, the filler scenes are... well they can be slightly boring tbh, but they do add to the atmosphere of the movie. Generally good, don't think it's the best movie I've ever seen, but it's good.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #620 on: January 25, 2014, 02:26:41 AM »
Monsters University - 10/10.
Really good story and gives you the reasons for different things you saw in Monsters Inc.

Grown Ups 2 - 10/10.
Freakin' hilarious! It wasn't exactly what I was expecting from the ads I had seen for it, but it was awesome just the same. There was rarely a moment where I wasn't laughing when I was watching it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #621 on: January 30, 2014, 05:28:31 PM »
Clerks 8.6/10

This is a black and white, low budget movie that has 95% of the movie taking place in a convenience store, and yet it's a comedic masterpiece. For some reason, I really love, REALLY LOVE, movies like this. In this movie, there isn't a central plotline, there isn't some climatic event that occurs, it's just about some guys who work at a convenience store talking, that's all they do, they talk about weird subjects, are rude to customers and get into crazy shenanigans. Through in some of the most hilarious and awesome characters I've ever seen, put a dash of divine philosophy in there and boom, you've got a movie that almost makes you want to work in a convenience store, just so you can do crazy stuff with your friends. I loved this movie.

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2014, 10:21:16 AM »
Man of Steel 8.5/10

YAY another Superman Reboot!
This one jumping straight to the second movie and changing a few things (or is it?) but all the same I was not surprised to see Christopher Nolan had a say in this.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:12 AM »
Clerks 2: 7.9/10
  A nice sequel to the first clerks, it doesn't have quite the exact charm as Clerks, but still had a lot of jokes and crazy situation. Very funny, retaining the philosophy and having a nice cameo by the folks from "My name is Earl" this movie is truly crazy and you have no idea where it's gonna go! Still retaining the entire original cast (except for the female characters) with a welcomed introduction to a new member of the crew, we get some extremely well thought out antics between the characters and truly ist was a fun movie. It lacks the same charm as the original, so it looses a lot of points for it, but it's still a good watch!

Dogma: 7.6/10
  This too was an interesting movie and is related to both Clerks and Clerks 2, being set in the same universe, involving some of the same characters and being directed by the same person. Most of the actors were top notch and interesting, the religious commentary was fantastic, with philosophical words for and against religion hidden in a sea of absolute hilarity. This movie was a bit silly at times though, it had some strange sound cut-offs during fight scenes and worst of all the acting of the female protagonist was terrible, at least I believed so (she was monotonic the entire movie). All in all a good watch, not as good as clerks or clerks 2 though.

12 years a slave: 7.6/10
  This movie is sad and very emotional but that in a way retracts from it's experience. It's nothing BUT sad, in order for a movie to be properly emotional you need to have a bit of juxtoposition! You can't just have sad, sad and more sad, you need to have a bit of happy, maybe a small friendship, hope or a bit of laughter, to make the sadness even more powerful. Toy Story 3 was a happy go-lucky movie and yet it's sad scenes were CONSIDERABLY more emotional than the scenes in 12 years a slave, and the reason for that is the juxtoposition. It was a good movie, but I feel it was too one-track minded and went too long to give too obvious of a point.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #624 on: February 05, 2014, 10:27:40 AM »
^Anoni, you should watch this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0261392/

Mark Hamill co-stars.

Last movie I saw was:

I Love You Too: 7/10

Australian romantic comedy.  I like all the characters, a nice take on the genre.  Great cast including Peter Dinklage.

I really connected with the girl of the main romance which often I don't.
I'm used to see the other cast in straight comedy and I think they did good work.
Good choice for a date night! :D

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: February 05, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
I'm going to xD But first mallrats!

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
  • If it ain't furry, it ain't fuzzy!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skiger
  • Currently: Grrrfuzzled
« Reply #626 on: February 13, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »
The Lego Movie: 2.5/5
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 10:44:00 AM by Furry_N_Fuzzy »
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Full Details/Info/FAQ

FNF on Twitter

Offline Furry_N_Fuzzy

• Avid Aardvark
  • If it ain't furry, it ain't fuzzy!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Skiger
  • Currently: Grrrfuzzled
« Reply #627 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:12 AM »
Robocop (2014): 3/5

Decent flick, but I thought the original was better.
Furry N' Fuzzy

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Issue #2 has been released! Check it out for some cool furry content; featured artists, articles, personal stories, interviews, contests, and more!

Always looking for volunteers and contributors for future issues! If interested please read the journal linked below and contact us. :3

Furry N' Fuzzy Magazine Full Details/Info/FAQ

FNF on Twitter

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:53 PM »
Goodfellas & Casino: 8.5
  These movies are absolutely TERRIFIC gangster movies, I thought even better than Godfather. They had crime, betrayal, tense scenes, intense romances and the like, it was thrilling, captivating and made you want to be a gangster! SO why did I put two movies in the same review? Pretty much because they're essentially the same. There may be a few differences, you have a casino instead of a drug selling business and a few more subtle differences (I can't say without spoiling) but the premise of the story is the exact same. Joe Pesci is in both movies and he pretty much plays the exact same character twice, which is fine, because that character is AWESOME. (They're 2 different characters in the lore, but their personalities are the same). So all in all good, very good, even if they were extremely similar that didn't matter, because the content was so good, quite frankly it's awesome that it got duplicated.

For those who want to know exactly what I mean by "they are the same", I put it in the spoilers, this will contain spoilers though.

Spoiler for Hidden:
They both contain a good natured, smart and loyal person in the family. (Henry in goodfellas, Sammy in Casino)
They both contain a rather off-the-nut, violent side character (Tommy in goodfellas, Nikkie in Casino)
They both contain a romance that seems terrific at first, but becomes a serious problem later in the movies.
They both have a massive problem with the feds due to an extremely silly circumstance. (Guy getting whacked turned out to be undercover cops relative (goodfellas), the police wire tapped an argument between a guy who wasn't very related to the story, and his mother)
They both have the good natured, smart and loyal person begin to not be so good natured, smart and loyal
They both have a sudden and unexpected raid by the police after tailing the protagonist for a month
They both have the families (above the ranks of the protagonist) captured and arrested.
They both have Joe Pesci's character "made" because he is Italian.
They both have Joe Peci's character unexpectedly whacked.
They both have the protagonist attempted to be whacked, but are ultimately unsuccessful.
They both have the protagonist getting off scotfree but doing something worse than they previously had doing.
The list goes on, but that's all I can think of right now.

Dallas Buyers Club: 7.7
   It was pretty good, interesting movie, quite captivating. Nothing really bad to say about it, that being said, it didn't "wow" me either. Nothing bad, but nothing amazing either.

Offline Trixsie Vixen

• Vixen Goddess
  • Global Moderator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • *Giggles*
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Sherwood Fox
  • Coloring: Like a fire in a blizzard
  • Height: 165 cm
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: Curvy
  • Currently: She flies now!?
« Reply #629 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »
^I love your reviews Anoni!  :D