The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Cygnus x-1 OOC  (Read 4031 times)

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
Cygnus x-1 OOC
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:18:56 AM »
This is the OOC for Cygnus x-1, and apparently the first one I made disappeared.  >:(

Well, here it is:

Regular Rules:
No god moding, super amazing and near impossible stunts are not allowed either, no criticism of other RP'ers, if someone joins as a human, you MUST respect them.

Here are the listing of Jobs, but they also come with rules:

Researcher (Ones who were sent to pick of the information and put the pieces together about it): Cannot be too young, can have any research equipment he/she wants, but I prefer you say standard issue research equipment. You may carry a small side-arm such as a 9mm/45 acp. pistol but not magnums, rifles, deagles, Katanas, super weapons...you get the idea.

Guard (Must protect the group he/she is in and anything that threatens the group): Cannot be under the drinking age in Europe (18), must attack only in defense, may use any weapon he/she wants, but no super weapons like rocket-launchers.  

Guide (Helps the group he/she is in through the treacherous winter planet to the pod crash): Must be a native of the planet, may only carry primitive weapons for fighting (Axes, spears and bows/arrows; not Katanas or double sided swords).

Medic (Tends to wounds/diseases, fight off enemies and take care of any burials that are necessary): Must be over the drinking age in Europe (18), can use any rifle or sidearm he/she wants but not anything above those two.

Bounty/Treasure hunter (Either works with or against the main research groups in order to gain some money off of the valuable Cygnus x-1 information. Can also take out targets that get in the way of the research groups if they ask for them to): Same weapon rules from the Guard apply to the Bounty/Treasure hunter. Cannot hunt down another rp'er without their consent. They may work for any side they want, whether it be the Research groups or some type of third party.

Here is an example of the wanted information for signing up to join:

Name: Howl

Species (Human or some type of Furry/reptile): Gray Wolf

Home planet (Ok, this is one that is not required): In a solar system about 15 light years away from Earth.

Current Vessel: The "Rocinante", a beat up old ship (Hence the name) that is one of the lead research vessels, the crew has been doing research for over 20 years and is still going.

Job: Lead Researcher of the "Rocinante"

Equipment: Standard Issue Research Equipment, and P226 sidearm.

Biography: Ever since he was a young boy, Howl has loved science. Looking up into the skies at night, wondering what space truly holds. So, when his parents got enough money, they moved to Boston, Massachusetts. There, he went to the best colleges and got a masters degree in Astronomy. He decided to join the HFSA in their research.

Casual Attire: An authentic New England Patriots coach jacket, a black shirt underneath, jeans and black shoes.

Work Attire: Usually his casual clothes, unless he's in a lab, which he'll wear a lab coat for.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 06:15:43 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: Cygnus x-1 OOC
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:08:44 PM »
Ok so befor I make a bio I wanted to know like if you could add like bounty/treasure hunter becase that's would make sense for there to be one
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
Yes, I suppose I could. I'll make it in a moment.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 07:15:30 PM »
Name: Kitt Szarda

Species: Wildcat (thick fur for cold conditions)

Home planet: the winter planet

Current Vessel: None, lives in the wilds

Job: Guide (not sure 'bout this one Howl)

Equipment: two short knives hewn from a crystaline quartz of ice blue that can be found in the caves of the planet.

Biography: Kitt is a typical feline from the winter planet where the pod crashed, thick white winter fur, long pointed ears, thick tail for balance and bright piercing blue eyes. He was taught to speak english along with several other languages by a research team, who unfortunately died after being unprepared for such cold temperatures. Friendly and lithe Kitt is the perfect guide for a team attempting to traverse the icey cold climate. He carries two blades made of a form of ice blue quartz, used for hunting they are ceremonious and handed down from parent to son...

Casual Attire: Kitt wears very little in the way of clothing, he is naturally adapted with thick white fur. He wears the thick fur-skins of a local bear that provides both essential warmth and toughness.

Work Attire: The very same as casual.

((this alright Howl? i was wondering if i could be the guide for your research team  0:) ))
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 08:07:14 PM »
OK so are you adding the requirements for the bounty/treasure hunter or do I add the bio?

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 01:27:20 AM »
Kitt, you are good to go, and I know it's A LOT to ask from rp'ers to think up the characteristics for the natives, but you should do very well with it. Plus, I JUST watched Avatar, and let me tell you, I've been mesmerized by the movie. Curse my imagination and it's habit of dreaming and wishing for a world as exciting as that, because I know my dreams will never come true.......ANYWAY: Great job with your character, I hope to see great posts from you. ;)

Self-sain, I have added the requirements for the bounty/treasure hunter, so you may create your biography in any fashion. You character can come from any background, as long as he isn't a walking armory.

I plan on getting this started soon, I might wait for ONE more person before posting.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 07:04:06 AM »
Name: Self-sain

Spices: fox, and part native

Home planet: unknown

Current vessel: the rising stalker

Job: bounty/ treasure hunter

Equipment: sniper rifle, and two small daggers made of lightning runes

Bio: bought off the slave market at a young age he was so turned into an assassin he was made to compet with the other slaves and he had to kill them to survive he survived by making a other personality that is blood thirst but dosent come out to often he dosent enjoy killing but it won't stop him he is currently working for the Dark and he is going to his native planet to find the loss information

Casual attire: a long rugish robe with very little undercoating

Work attire: same as casual

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
well thanks Howl, and yeah i watched avatar with my mates a coupla days ago too... not that thats where i got my ideas from  ;)  ^_^

oh, and i love the sound of this rp  :3
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:22:21 AM by Kitt (Santa Claws) »

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 02:46:06 PM »
well thanks Howl, and yeah i watched avatar with my mates a coupla days ago too... not that thats where i got my ideas from  ;)  

oh, and i love the sound of this rp  :3

Oh, well that's where I would have if I had to create a native. xD

And thank you. :) What exactly sounds so good about this? I always like getting detailed feedback for my creations. :P

Post Merge: February 07, 2010, 03:06:24 PM
Self-sain, your fine. But let it be known that I am not a big fan of bounty hunters and their roles as super powerful and awesome fighters, so don't be a one man army in some situations.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:07:55 PM by HowlTheGrayWolf »
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
OK ill keep it realistic

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
h'okay... just wondered if i could add some stuff bout' my character and the natives like him:

all Sa'eshi (the native clan that Kitt was born into) wear a pendant of a large shard of ice blue Quartz. This shard is symbolicly representative of the natives heart, sould and mind, and to hand it over to let another especially an outsider, hold is to show the deepest respect and trust. Kitt himself wears one such pendant, having turned sixteen not two months ago and finally being accepted as an adult within the clan of 'Szarda'...

At the same time his grandfather handed down a long curved knife of the same ice blue quartz, used both for hunting and ceremony the case of the blade is engraved with sigils and symbols of health, prosperity and luck...

And appearance:

((i drew this today cos i was bored, and cos this rp should be good  ;)   hope u like it Howl  :3 ))

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »
I love the concept, Kitt, it's brilliant!

The picture is to be described by the following word: Outstanding. It fits their look perfectly.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
glad you like the ideas... and thank you very much about the pic, i just really wanted to draw my character  :3

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »
Just so no one gets confused sain is owned by the darks which are the onesss who send him on his missions and he found out about his home one time when he visted the planet and he travels there when evre he gets a chance

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
Alright, sounds good.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.