The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Rules Updates  (Read 30993 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Forum Rules Updates
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 05:10:26 PM »
Lately Tweak and I have heard from some of our forum members, who have expressed that the rules and warning system is too restrictive as is, and that it has been detrimental to people's experiences here.

We'd like to express our apologies to you if this is the case. We honestly do what we can to make sure you all enjoy your time here. We hope you understand, however, that some rules do have to stay in place, and likewise enforced, for what we believe is the benefit to the forum.

Considering these things, Tweak and I have made some changes in an effort to put you guys more at ease.

For one thing, the "English only" rule has been loosened to the following:

• Please do not write entire posts, threads, or extended conversations in a language other than English. The majority of a post should be in English, and writing English translations alongside other languages is recommended.

Foreign phrases or a few sentences here or there are allowed, but please do not hold extended conversations in another language.

If you abuse this to write things against forum rules, the consequences will be high.

Please avoid using chatspeak when posting. Grammar and spelling do not have to be perfect (we all have typos or errors here and there), but some effort should be shown, and posts need to be legible.

Secondly, warning procedures staff members are told to follow have been adjusted to take some of the pressure off you all.

Thirdly, Tweak and I have decided to open up the Random Board many of you had previously suggested, to allow for a bit more free reign.

We hope these changes improve your experience here. Thank you for those of you who have given us input to make us aware of any situations.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
The following forum rule has been changed:

• No extreme uses of profanity - including partially censored.

Any use or variety of the "F" word is not to be used.

Even with swear words that are allowed, please try to keep it to a minimum. Excessive use of foul language may be removed.

Please do not use profanity to curse at or insult your fellow forum members.

To this:

• Please keep profanity to a minimum, and do not use it to curse at or insult other forum members.

The forum as a whole is auto-censored by default, but you can turn off the auto-censor by going to Profile > Look and Layout > check "Leave words uncensored."

Excessive use of foul language may be removed.

Profanity will no longer earn a warning, as long as you guys can be mature and reasonable about it. If the rule change gets abused, it will go back to the way it was.

Auto-censoring is automatically enabled by default, but if you aren't offended by profanity and want to turn the censor off, you can disable it via your Look and Layout settings.

Profanity and such will always be left uncensored within the Adult Area, regardless of your profile settings, as it always has been.

Art stream:

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
That is *** awesome for *** sake! Now I can go around saying *** all the *** time and not give a *** about what others may *** think because I am now *** allowed to say *** whenever I *** want to! ***!

...Sorry but I had to XD
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:06:35 PM by Timmy Fox »
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 10:01:25 PM »
Hey. Don't test our patience. XP

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 10:05:06 PM »
It also should be noted that the Random Board will now operate under semi-relaxed rules - details here.

And for those of you who have access to the Adult Area, there have been changes to those rules as well. Details here.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »
The rule regarding avatars has been adjusted a bit.

If using art that does not belong to you in your signature or avatar, it is strongly encouraged that you ask the artist's permission to do so, or at least provide a link to the artist to give credit. If you claim art is yours that is not, or if the artist has contacted us about disallowed use of the image, it will be removed.

This means if you take your profile picture from a website, we'd still like you to credit the artist who made it. You can usually find the artist pretty easily using Google's reverse image search.

Art stream:

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
***I presses button.*** Why did 'I' press the button?

Seriously though is my avatar okay? It's my character which he actually made a model of later after I made the char.... I don't want to plaugerize the images in my sig and avatar ,but what's the best way to do that 1. if I don't know and 2. if I don't know which of the 2 accounts (in the case of my avatar) to use?
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2017, 01:51:11 AM »
If you aren't sure who it was, that's fine. You can keep using it.

We prefer credit to be given, but we understand in some cases this isn't possible.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 05:07:35 PM »
Rules for Discord have been added to the Rules page. Nothing new; just copying them over here so they're all in one place.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2018, 11:39:32 PM »
Added these two things to it:

• Please do not abuse any chat features.
    Excessive or inappropriate abuse of any chat feature, including emojis or the @ feature is discouraged. If it's a problem, we'll let you know.

• If a problem arises on Discord, please let us know via Discord DM, using @ to reach a staff member, posting in the Chat With Staff channel, or PM us on the forum.
    If you post in the staff chat, at least one of us is usually around to help you. If you see particular staff member(s) are online, you can also DM them or @ them in the chat. Please only use ONE method to contact us. If we're around, we'll get your message one way or another. If not, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Art stream:

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
Added this to the Discord rules:

Multiple Discord accounts cannot be used together on our server.
Using multiple accounts may result in a ban on the server.

Art stream: