The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Trolls  (Read 14663 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Trolls
« on: January 01, 2010, 11:44:13 PM »
As I'm sure anyone who has been here for any time has noticed we are often attacked by trolls. These small ugly creatures commonly hide under bridges and threaten to eat anyone who dares to cross their bridge.

Whenever a troll decides to lower his mental age and maturity level some more and come attacking people he does not understand such as the forums here it can lead to some interesting posts. We've had our share of trolls including some that actually tried quite hard but still failed and the more common trolls which fail immediately and think that posting pictures which can be offensive, demeaning and generally grotesque as well as stating "ALL FURRIES ARE GAY!!!1111!!!! LOL!111!!!!!!" is actually going to affect is.

However, can I please ask the members here, however angry or annoyed you may get NOT to respond to any posts or PMs you receive from such individuals, this merely entertains them and continues their trolling, often if just left alone they will leave. EVERY SINGLE post and PM on these forums can be reported to the Moderation Team by clicking the "Report to Moderator" link at the bottom of the message, please use this to report any issues you may have (it allows a comment on the report as well) these are then sent to the staff assigned to the boards and helps us to even the workload as well as make us aware of any serious issues so we can deal with them easily.

Anyone seen replying to the trolls will most likely have their posts removed and will, if they break the rules, be warned. If a post offends you and you wish to ignore it, report it and then ignore the troll through your profile centre, this will hide all their posts from view.

Additionally in regards to AnthropoDeNihil's post about the segregation he has experience since appearing as a human, I am appalled, for a community who constantly have to fight the oppression from large groups because furries are "outside the norm" the utter disregard shown towards a community member is hypocritical and petty, with behaviour like that is it any surprise that not everyone is fond of furries? Anyone caught attacking any member of this community will be removed from it, as long as the rules are followed, everyone is welcome here and that remains the case no matter what.

We're all human inside, make sure you don't forget that and realise even though you can't see the person on the other end of the message you are sending they still have feelings like yourself.

Have a very happy new year and lets make 2010 an exceptional year on this forum!

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
Re: Trolls
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 12:05:20 AM »
I'll see that I don't respond to Troll(Why is it called a Troll?) posts next time, though I can put up a good argument, I'm not so sure if you could engage in a proper debate with these... individuals.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 02:36:46 AM »
I'm glad you made a post about this because I was wondering if it should be mentioned to people not to respond to the trolls when they did so with the last one.

Well said, as always.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 05:33:47 AM »
it's nice to know the staff here can quickly identify and crack down on the trolls.

But one question
if I quote a post from a troll, but I don't violate any rules, and assuming the quote doesnt have any swears or questionable content, is that against the rules?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 05:40:26 AM »
if I quote a post from a troll, but I don't violate any rules, and assuming the quote doesnt have any swears or questionable content, is that against the rules?

For one thing, I don't see why you would ever need to quote a troll, if you aren't supposed to be replying to them. But if you did, as long as the post didn't contain anything offensive or against the rules, it would not count as an actual warning against you, but, it is possible it would be removed from your post.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »
I'll see that I don't respond to Troll(Why is it called a Troll?) posts next time, though I can put up a good argument, I'm not so sure if you could engage in a proper debate with these... individuals.

I assume it's because they cause problems and reside in places people don't want them. I'm sure many of us could argue with them, but it would be futile and pointless.

I'm glad you made a post about this because I was wondering if it should be mentioned to people not to respond to the trolls when they did so with the last one.

Well said, as always.

That is what sparked this post, as you see in my comments in the staff board. No-one was necessarily at fault but unless we make it clear then who is to know for sure. Thank you though, I try my best.

it's nice to know the staff here can quickly identify and crack down on the trolls.

But one question

See Zeph's post on this, I agree with that.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 03:41:18 AM »
To add on Tweak's reply to AnthropoDeNihil: Not only would arguing with them be futile and pointless, it would actually further their cause as they have the attention they desire and they would continue to stay.

Offline Sync

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Lurking
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2010, 08:49:42 AM »
Take it from a career troller: Don't respond. When I go trolling on L4D or TF2, I want people to go intellectual and argue logistics with me. It just makes it more fun.

Best thing to do: nothing. Don't even notice their posts. If you so much as "lol" at their post, they win. In fact, when I troll, I get mad when nobody cares that I just killed the whole team.

Seriously, don't feed the trolls. Every 1-byte character you point in their direction makes them smile more.

PS: I troll games, E.G. massacring my own team. I don't troll forums, or target groups/people with hatespeech - that isn't my game. I just like getting people riled up over some stupid move I pulled.

Steam: Boozel  /// XBox GTag: Boozell          
Add me for good times!

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 09:00:42 PM »
Personally any kind of troll has never been fun for me and I've been trolled about 3 times, it's definitely not a good experience.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Arrant

• Arrogant Wolf
  • Eager Elephant
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Gray and White
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 176 Pounds
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: Insane
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »
They're like zombies:
You can deal with them easily, but more with always come.

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:29:55 AM »
I barely have time to see a troll, cause' the mods take them out SO fast.
Great job guys.
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey wolf/Timber Wolf (canis lupus)
  • Coloring: grey and white fur, eyes: peircing yellow
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Build: slightly lithe with good musculature structure
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 12:43:00 AM »
Trolls don't really bother me, they're such nerds :P

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 02:12:59 AM »
gabag's human, and we all love him...

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 03:06:36 AM »
gabag's human, and we all love him...
what's the
'Gabag's a human' thing all about?

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 01:00:57 PM »