The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies slowly revived  (Read 18859 times)

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey wolf/Timber Wolf (canis lupus)
  • Coloring: grey and white fur, eyes: peircing yellow
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Build: slightly lithe with good musculature structure
Re: Hope Dies slowly revived
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2010, 03:55:55 AM »
Ross cautiosly opened the door, only to find the room impassible and full of debris "No... they can't be..." he said, shocked to the very core by the events that were happening all around him.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2010, 05:59:05 AM »
The corridor began to fill with smoke. Spike knew he couldn't stay there much longer, he had to move. He looked down and tried to collect himself. He spotted a shiny object admidst the debris. He reached through and pulled out a knife. His knife, a large butcher's blade, somehow survived and managed to find him. He almost smiled. He put it in his belt and got to his feet. He continued down his original path to the stairwell. He burst open the door and looked at the stairs. The explosion had made the ship slant even further causing the stairs to turn upside down after one flight. He couldn't turn back. He struggled up the near vertical steps to the midplatform. He looked at the predicament that he would have to climb. He would climb up the wraught iron handle supports to the next flight where he would have to repeat. He groaned. He rolled up his sleeves of his chef's uniform and began to climb.

He climbed and climbed until he couldn't go any further. The stairs cracked and buckled making them unstable to put any weight on. He got off on the bridge level. He broke open the doorway and entered the corridor. Spike walked down the hallway, looking into each room. He could only see debris and bodies. Suddenly he stopped. His ears pricked up to the faint sound of voices coming from one of the rooms. "Hello?" He calle out.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 12:23:46 PM »
Kitt stood beside the doorway, wincing slightly at the view of the room.... there was no way they could have survived... suddenly he turned, someone was shouting from down the corridor, the sound was muffled from the smoke and dust but still audible....

"Hey!?" he shouted back, whoever it was must be just around the corner of the corridor, Kitt turned back to Ross who was standing, staring at the tangled mess of his parents room... "Ross.. you wait here buddy, i'm gonna go see if that survivor needs help, kay?"

With that he pulled his bandanna around his mouth, coughing, and subconsciously brushed some of the dust and grime off his work uniform, unzipping it to his waist he tied the sleeves around like a belt leaving him wearing a grimey T-shirt underneath... "jeez its gettin' hot in here..." with that he set off down the corridor, dust swirling around his feet...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »
Smoke was inside Medical Bay 5, Howl's eyes watered up from it. In a daze, he looked around with wary pupils. What he saw was gruesome, multiple people who were tending to any wounded had died in the explosion, bodies littered the floor, blood everywhere...no sign of life. He called out, "Brother! Brother where are you?!" Racing around madly, he searched through piles of wreckage. When he did find his brother, he was dead. His eyes filled with tears. "Why has this happened, why did it happen to us....to you...." Suddenly, he heard people moving around in the lower areas, so he picked up his brother's body and went to the corridor. With fires still live, the only way out was nearly blocked, but he wasn't going to stop there. Racing through the fire with his brother's body over his right shoulder, he made it to the stairwell. He put down his brother and checked his legs, they were searing with pain. Then and looked down to the stairs. "My god.......it's upside down?! Well, at least I'm going down instead of up." Howl tried to walk down the stairs, but fell down them with his brother's body. From that, his head was hurt pretty badly, yet he still got up with his brother to the main bridge corridor. He saw two figures, but his vision was getting blurry and blood seeped through his hair, still holding onto his brother, Howl called out, "Hey, is anyone there? Hello?!"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »
"Well maybe it's in your pocket," Asia suggested.
"It's not in my pocket, I took it out to open the safe and the explosion happened and I dropped it," Gerren replied as the two crawled along the floor, pushing bodies and branches, looking under desks and in chairs, behind cushions.
"You know, we should keep a look out for that saboteur," said Asia.
"There's no saboteur, the explosion probably came from the kitchen or something," Gerren said as he threw a log out of the window.
"You never know. You've no idea what made that explosion."
Gerren sighed with a laugh as he looked to the sky outside.
"Yeah you're right, I dont know, and neither do you," he said as a smile creased upon him. Asia was beaming a grin. "But right now, we need the key."

Suddenly, a voice could be heard,
"Hello?" It was Spike. The rabbits froze, Gerren stood up ready to reply, before Asia jumped in with a whisper and a pull.
"No, we don't know who that is. It could be anyone." he said.
"I know, but frankly in the position we're in, having a friend around wouldn't hurt," Gerren replied.
"Just wait and listen for what he does." They stood motionless for a moment, before hearing other voices, further away replying to the first.
"See, good guy," said Gerren.
"That proves nothing, other than that the people replying to him are probably good guys. You've got to be careful in these situations," Asia replied, leaning to the archway, keeping an ear out for any unusual noises.
"You watch too much TV," said Gerren.
"You don't watch enough," the young prince replied. "Could I have the dataslate? I wanna make the first log in our journal," he asked.
"Find the key, and you can have it," Gerren replied, before going back to all four paws, searching around. Asia rolled his eyes before lazily scanning the room. Suddenly his ears perked up again, there was another voice.
"Can you hear that?"

Gerren wasted no time, "We hear you! Over here in the bridge. Be careful, it isn't pretty." Asia silently flailed his arms to get him to stop.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 07:38:00 PM by AsiaBunny »
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
Spike looked around. Voices were coming from different directions. He concluded there were atleast three different parties. Someone had replied to his call and were now coming towards his from down the hall. Heavy footsteps were getting louder and louder. The footsteps come from around the corner of the corridor and a cat appeared with a bandana around his face. " Spike was squinting his eyes. Smoke seemed to be getting the better of them but he was able to make out the figure. "Kitt!? Is that you?" Spike asked asking the face which looked so familiar.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2010, 09:00:35 PM »
Kitt turned the corner, a fox in smoke blackened chefs uniform, a very familiar fox... "Spike?" Kitt came to a halt, pulling down the bandanna, and coughing a hacking cough from all the smoke.... "Hey Spike man! didnt expect to see you...." he coughed again, leaning against the corridor wall for support... "ugh... you alright?"

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2010, 09:12:15 PM »
"Yeah, I'm fine." Spike looked around and laughed. "You got one hell of a mess to clean up with maintenance!" Spike looked around again. "But enough joking around. There are other survivors on this level. We got to find them."
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 09:20:07 PM by Spike »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
Kitt laughed as well, looking around at the wiring haning from the cieling, spilling sparks across the floor, and the constant swirling smoke... "tell me about it...." he nodded, turning back the way he'd came... "well,  long time no see man.... how'd you get into this mess?"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
"Same as you, I took the job!" Spike said and laughed. "Well where did you come from? Are you with any others!?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
"i was down in the loadin' bay... made my way up to the canteen and helped a guy named Ross up here ta try n' find his parents.... well... we found 'em.... whats left of 'em.." he shuddered, pulling out his wrench and slapping it against his palm, twirling it around and slapping it down again, he often did when he was thinking... which as his superior had said repeatedly.. didnt happen very often...

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
Spike raised an eyebrow. "You're still with this...Ross? Where is he?"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »
"i left him back down the corridor... it aint far...." Kitt continued to walk down the corridor back in the direction of where he'd left Ross, stepping carfully over metal panelling, and sparking wires...

((Ross is Lone-wolf btw  ;) ))

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 10:11:31 PM »
Howl coughed, his vision getting even more blurred. "Please....show yourself, I can't see through this smoke. If anyone sees me, please, come on out." He took another step, but fell from exhaustion, then thought to himself. "Did I hit my head that badly?"
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »
Gerren clambered through the bridge, tripping slightly on the navigations officer, before moving into the corridor.
"Oh for goodness sake, you look terrible," he said, pulling Howl through to the bridge where the gaping hole sucked the smoke away.
"I found the key!" beamed Asia, holding the little metal object aloft. "It dropped from that woman you hit when you ran out," he said before noticing the state of their new acquaintance. "what's up with him?"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project