The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hope Dies slowly revived  (Read 18862 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Hope Dies slowly revived
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16:12 AM »
"hey hey, steady mate.... if its really that important to ya i'l help ya find yer parents... just, take it easy on that leg..." Kitt hauled Ross up, pulling his arm around Kitt's shoulder to help steady him... "alright, just dont lean on that leg too much, n' you tell me where your parents where staying...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
The rabbit with a prince on his back, clambered over chairs and upturned tables in a large dining room spanning most of the width of the ship. Side corridors had been torn up leaving this as his only route, navigating the furniture, cuttlery and broken wine glasses littering the floor. The floor seemed to bend at a point at the centre of the room. It groaned in a dark and pained noise. The rabbit continued.
"Is anyone there!? anyone?" His voice was faltering. The floor was too, and with one false step of his paw, the carpeted ripped, the floor gave way, the ship roared in pain as the two boys fell, crashing against what fell with them. They slammed again and again against lower floors, broken open from the initial crash. Gerren tried to grab them, grab an overhanging ledge, a beam, anything. They fell, hit the grass below, Gerren's face first so he bled.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2010, 11:09:06 PM »
(the reason why I don't post often in this rp, is because i want you the Players to flesh our your own stories without me having to have a set 'go here kill this' plot, when I post it's either cause of a problem, or setting update, or NPC control, this message is for those of you who weren't in the original Hope Dies Slowly)

Near the fallen prince and bodyguard lay the deceased captain, impaled from falling rebar, nearby was the wheel, and the Captain's log data slate. The Data slate is made of touch material, and is still relatively intact. The only new log was recent, only 6 hours ago. The bang made the motion censored device begin to play.

"Captains log, Journal entry 2556.... Ahhhhhhhh ****. The ship Auria has crash landed on some unknown moon, and I have no idea how our engines suddenly failed."
*a coughing and spurting of blood is heard*
"I managed to fire the distress beacon into space before we went down...... so it's only a matter of time...... if someone is listening to this recording..... reach into my left jacket pocket... take what's inside and good speed to you.... hopefully you'll live where I die....."
*more coughing is heard then silence*

"Last Recorded Entry, would you like to record a new one?" asked the automatic response of the data slate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:14:01 PM by Gabag »

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:06 AM »
The prince slowly came to, in the midst of the wreckage, looking up to a cavern of destruction and luxury. He moved to sit upright, feeling a pain at his back, and across his head. He could move atleast, and could see, looking around to find his servant, Gerren.
Gerren was sitting on his knees, rummaging through the pocket of a dead crewmember while he bled from the nose. There was a lit up data slate at his side.
"Gerren, what are you doing?" The young rabbit asked, tilting his head to get a look at the bleed. The nose was probably broken. As he spoke, the servant paused and turned to his friend, looking him over. A smile quivered upon his lips before he leapt onto the boy with a hug, pushing him flat on his back.
"Oh thank God, I was scared to death," said Gerren, pressing close to the prince.
"Well... err... thanks. I'm glad too, I guess. But could we get up, this dirt is getting in my fur," said the prince.
"Oh right, sorry." The two rabbits sat upon the grass earth, the younger searched around with his eyes in a curious look.
"What happened? Did we crash?" he asked.
"Yup," Gerren replied, "Apparently on some unknown moon. The engines failed for some reason and so the captain said to look in his pocket." He crawled back to the captain and rummaged again, finding a small key. It wasn't ornate or overdesigned like most of the ship, it was just a key.
"Look in his pocket when the engine fails?" The prince asked. His ears tilting around, his fur upon them flowing in the air, a radiance glowing from him.
"No, look in his pocket cus we crashed." Gerren shook his head, still beaming a smile before showing the bunny the key. "This is what was in the pocket."
"How do you know all this?" the prince asked as Gerren grabbed the data slate and stood up, looking for a way out.
"Audio log," he said, holding up the slate.
"We should keep that," the prince replied. "We could use it to document our journey. This is exciting." The bunny smiled. Gerren smiled in return, shaking his head and letting a laugh escape. It broke the dam, and his laughter built and built, roaring out to the ship, almost in tears. He held Asia close to him once more, just for a moment.
"Well try and stay conscious for most of it. We have to find out where this key goes."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey wolf/Timber Wolf (canis lupus)
  • Coloring: grey and white fur, eyes: peircing yellow
  • Height: 5" 9'
  • Build: slightly lithe with good musculature structure
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 05:56:27 AM »
"They were room 503 in the upper first class deck" he spluttered, not yet totally aware of the situation

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 10:40:50 AM »
"Ross, buddeh.... your parents may be.... ugh, we'l go check alright? first class deck? i only been up there once when a lighting strip got busted...." Kitt helped Ross out of the Canteen, pulling him out of the wrecked doorway... walking up to a floorplan of the ship he wiped off a layer of dust with one paw, with the same paw he traced the route from where they where, up an emergency stairwell, and then down one corridor....
"not too far man, we go find yer parents..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 11:37:53 PM »
"Kay" grunted Ross, limping along at a steady rate

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »
"So.. your parents... they royalty?... my family never werent much... i left 'em and took a job engineerin' and here i am... helpin' some guy through a crashed ship..." he smirked, kicking away a chunk of torn off metal piping.... "ugh... if ever we get out of this alive.. i swear im goin' back to college"

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2010, 11:44:39 PM »
"He's here about ending a battle with some planet callled Makar" said Ross

((Makar's the planet Chrono's character's from, right?))

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2010, 11:53:33 PM »
"mhm" Kitt grunted, lifting Ross up the first step in the stairwell "well... not far now... just up these stairs n' along a corridor..."

Offline Lone-Wolf

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2010, 11:55:20 PM »
There were several doors knocked down, Ross walked past the door trying to ignore the gore and debris inside each one

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 06:04:38 AM »
"So what do you think happened?" asked the prince, as they walked along slanted corridors through the higher class levels of the ship.
"I told you, engine failed," Gerren replied, leading the way.
"Yeah but why? With so many important people on board, you'd think they'd get a more reliable ship, or atleast plan for this sort of thing." The prince clambered over a trolley, taking care not to step on the porter. He looked away from the corpse, shook his head and carried on.
"Well something must have gone wrong," Gerren said as he came to a junction, where signs pointed ahead to the main first class dining hall as well as to the right to some stairs leading down to second class quarters. There was no sign pointing left. Gerren looked around for where to go next. "You'd think they'd put a map or something."
"Maybe it was a saboteur," said the prince, causing his guardian to look back with one raised eyebrow, before taking the left route.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2010, 07:24:04 AM »
Spike opened his eyes. He struggled to breathe. He couldn't remember where he was or what had happened and worse, he couldn't move. His eyes wandered from left to right. It was dark and quiet. Something heavy was being pressed against his chest. He struggled to move his arms. Sparks flew, lighting up the kitchen in short bursts. He then saw what he was trapped under. He pulled his arms out from under the debris before rolling the body of his co-worker off his own. Spike pulled himself out from under the large cart that was used to hold dishes and stumbled to his feet. He looked around and coughed. The air was filled with the smell of propane as gas leaked from the stoves. He held his breathe and quickly made his way out of the room and into the hallway, slamming against the metal door that was the exit.

"Hello!?...Is anyone there!?"

Spike looked up and down the hallways to the corridor. He decided to turn right to make his way up to the upper decks to see if any passengers were alive and help where he could. He stumbled anlong the railing against the wall. Suddenly, there was a low rumble. Spike looked back and was thrown to the ground by a large explosion that ripped through the walls. Fire had reached the propane tanks that blew a whole through the hull of the ship. The fox lay on the ground for a moment. He coughed twice and looked back at the devestation the blast had caused. Sunlight was shining into the hallway through the smoke and small flames. He dragged himself over to the wall and propped himself up against it. Surely the sound of the explosion would alert someone to come and find him. And so he waited.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:18:04 AM by Spike »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
Kitt carried Ross along the corridor until they reached the right door, still closed... "man, you wanna open the door?" Suddenly the ship rumbled, a large explosion rocking the hull, causing it to slip into an even steeper slant, Kitt steadied himself, shafts of light piercing through the smoky air in between the many cracks and fissures in the hull of the ship...

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2010, 04:35:15 PM »
The two rabbits climbed more stairs, looking through cracked, broken or surprisingly intact windows to the grassland below, spotting the odd animal, including a small herd of herbivores grazing on the larger plants around. The leaves of these plants reached out like great wings to the animals.
"So what do you think happened to him?" asked the prince.
"Who?"
"The saboteur," the prince inquired quite earnestly, looking up to his guardian with large dark eyes.
"We don't even know if there was a saboteur," replied Gerren. "And anyway, if there was one, I doubt he's still here. He'd have left on a shuttle, there's no reason to stay on a doomed ship." They reached the top of the stairwell, finding a door at the end of a corridor, two open archways to the left. Gerren looked through the openings while Asia mulled over the saboteur.
"Looks like we found it." The archways led to the bridge, covered in reinforced metals and computer equipment, laying next to the bodies of the crew. The forward screen was broken, and tree branches had lodged themselves into the computers, or people. Sunlight shone across the floor, lighting up the scene accompanied by birdsong. The birds that sang were tiny and pink, flitting in and out of the bridge. A larger bird, white stained red, with an oversized hooked beak, hopped across the floor, examining the intruders. "Asia, I think you should just stay back there," Gerren said, holding up his arm, reinforcing the point.
"Why?," the prince asked, "I've seen dead people, we passed about five on the way here. I'm fine with it."  Gerren looked back to the young prince. There were a million thoughts, a million worries "I'll probably see some more on the way back," the prince said. Gerren couldn't fault the logic. Looking back inside, the large bird had a clump of fur in its beak.
"Yeah you're not coming in here."
"But why?" asked Asia
""Because it's dangerous and disturbing, now stand there and don't move." Following his guardian's orders, the young prince was to some extent relieved.

Gerren stepped through the threshold, to search over the room, avoiding the wildlife and the crew. By the shattered screen, above a large branch, a wallsafe was nestled in the corner. Pulling out the key, he leaned over the log to unlock the safe. Suddenly an almighty boom shot through the ship. Gerren fell backwards to the floor, the birds shrieked and flapped, darting away. The key flew from the rabbit's paws. Asia yelled in surprise as the front end of the ship lurched forward, balancing for a moment before falling forward, uprooting the already mutilated tree that penetrated the screen. The tree fell to the ground and the even more sunlight burst into the heavily slanted room. Asia stood in the archway, staring wide eyed at the event.
"Gerren, you OK?" he asked.
"I'm fine, and I told you to stay back there," Gerren replied as he got to his feet.
"Charming, I came to see if you were OK," said the prince. His fur was practically glowing, as adrenaline pumped through his system. The older rabbit sighed
"Well you're here anyway, you might as well help me find the key."
"What key?" Asia asked.
"The key from before, why do you think we came to the bridge?"
"I don't know, I was just following you," the prince replied.