The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Help, I'm lost!  (Read 2728 times)

Offline ThunderThylacine

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Thylacine
  • Coloring: Golden brown.
  • Height: 162cms
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Nice and curvy!
Help, I'm lost!
« on: December 11, 2009, 07:18:15 AM »
Hi all. I'm looking for a friendly place to hang since Furnation went down.  :'(

I've been a furry artist all my life, and I'm also a deranged writer of fiction and fantasy. I'm not much into RP, but I love a good chat. I don't bite, but I am a lifelong member of the National Sarcasm Society and have a dry sense of humour that non-Aussies might find difficult to swallow. Nah, I'm alright. I just like a laugh.

Anyway, feel free to ask me anything/tell me to bugger off/invite me into your circle, or whatever. I might prowl the forums for a bit and see if I fit in.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Help, I'm lost!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2009, 07:30:39 AM »
welcome!! nice avi, btw. seeing as you're an artist, i'm gonna take a nose pick and say you drew it. i'd like to say it is a pleasure to meet you, and i look forward to your posts here in the forums.  as a fantasy and fiction writer to anther, i'd invite you to read a project i am working on that i have decided to post on this forum. It is a series of 4 books in the making. It is called The Kin Chronicles. here's the link to my first book, The Black Kat. If you find favor in it, I'll add you to the update mailing list. Book 1 is a finished rough draft and i post the final draft as i finish writing on paper, so can think of it as a live updater. The rough draft for my second book is underway. For a sneak peek at it, you can refer to my thread "calling all dragon scalies" in the writing and literature section. once again, thanks for joining, and i look forward to seeing what you got and getting to know you.

here's a list of some good people on the forums that i think are good to know:
veesmith
gabag
tyla
zephyr
jellymuffins
kisu
kitt
white wolf guardian

and that's just a small handful, too.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2009, 07:42:58 AM »
Welcome aboard. I've always thought thylacines were fascinating animals. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 10 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 08:38:56 AM »
You're welcome to stay as long as you follow the rules. So we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »
Well, Hi there^^ I'm super happy Horror, The official Non-furry Horror enthusiast on this forum.
Anyway, You said that you like being sarcastic? why is that? :?

Offline Nyyrikkia Anikeria

• The light in the shadows
  • Handsome Horse
  • Terror of the night.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow dragoness
  • Coloring: Inky black with a deep red underbelly, blood red on the undersides of wings and ice blue eyes that turn blood red when using shadow powers. (see the wonderful avatar made by Niala)
  • Height: 3.2 meters tall
  • Weight: 750 kg
  • Build: Strong and agile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 09:53:41 AM »
Hello ThunderThylacine. Welcome to the forums. I'm a writer too and one day I hope to become an author, I write fantasy stories.
*Extends paw* I offer you my friendship if you want to accept it. Also *Bends down and touches anout to ThunderThylacines forehead and blesses ThunderThylacine with my magic*

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
*minifox jumps on Thunder's head with a note*
Welcome to FF! Keep the minifox as a gift of Shiro Chan, Oregonian fox.
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Frost

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2009, 04:06:16 PM »
well a fine welcome to ya. me names frost and i'm thesident tea shop owner *hands her a cuppa tea* a bit of a gift from the shop. I too consider me self a bit of a wrighter but i think im terrible.. so ya welcome :3

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »

omg, you mentioned me Shinzuu!  :3 you made me feel happeh

and hi, ya im Kitt.... the local slovakian... also known as Santa claws and all round happy cat  ^_^
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »

Apparently, I'm not good to know... and I agree :P Yeah fun times, dry humour, lashings of the dangers of invisibility.
I too am a writer, and I try to give constructive criticism to every piece of writing on the site. So more often than not, you'll have atleast one person responding to anything you may post.

Other than that, read the signs, watch the walls, beware of low flying craft, and you'll be ok.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 09:54:47 PM »
'Ellos there.

Welcome to the FF.
I'm iKero-chu, the one and only Pirate Ferrachu Ninja.
:P
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline ThunderThylacine

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Thylacine
  • Coloring: Golden brown.
  • Height: 162cms
  • Weight: 65kg
  • Build: Nice and curvy!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
welcome!! nice avi, btw. seeing as you're an artist, i'm gonna take a nose pick and say you drew it. i'd like to say it is a pleasure to meet you, and i look forward to your posts here in the forums.  as a fantasy and fiction writer to anther, i'd invite you to read a project i am working on that i have decided to post on this forum. It is a series of 4 books in the making. It is called The Kin Chronicles. here's the link to my first book, The Black Kat. If you find favor in it, I'll add you to the update mailing list. Book 1 is a finished rough draft and i post the final draft as i finish writing on paper, so can think of it as a live updater. The rough draft for my second book is underway. For a sneak peek at it, you can refer to my thread "calling all dragon scalies" in the writing and literature section. once again, thanks for joining, and i look forward to seeing what you got and getting to know you.

veesmith
gabag
tyla
zephyr
jellymuffins
kisu
kitt
white wolf guardian

and that's just a small handful, too.

Thanks. Yep, I drew my avatar. I have lots of artwork to share once I figure out where to put it. I'm more of a cartoonist than anything but I'm working hard to improve my anatomy drawings.
I'd like to see your stories, (the link doesn't work, but I'm sure I'll find them somehow). I too, an working on a series of novels, so far I have 6 planned and have finished 2.5. My series is called The Sagely Saga, and is my life's passion. I'm happy to share too, but because I write for my own pleasure and not for profit my work tends to get messy and I have ENDLESS editing to do.

Welcome aboard. I've always thought thylacines were fascinating animals.

Thanks WingedZephyr. Thylacines are my second favourite animal, right after the red fox. It saddens me that they are probably extinct. :(

You're welcome to stay as long as you follow the rules. So we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

Of course I'll follow the rules! *goes to read them*

Well, Hi there I'm super happy Horror, The official Non-furry Horror enthusiast on this forum.
Anyway, You said that you like being sarcastic? why is that?

Hello Super happy Horror!  ^_^ That sounds like a gore flick from Japan. lol
I'm not much for horror, but I DO love the Resident Evil series. Had some good times with those games. I'm not really that sarcastic, I just have a dry sense of humour. Here in Australia it blends in like roo crap on the lawn, but to those of you OS I might come across as a blunt moron. I'm not a blunt moron, okay?

Hello ThunderThylacine. Welcome to the forums. I'm a writer too and one day I hope to become an author, I write fantasy stories.
*Extends paw* I offer you my friendship if you want to accept it. Also *Bends down and touches anout to ThunderThylacines forehead and blesses ThunderThylacine with my magic*

Why, thank you Nyyrikkia, fellow lover of fantasy, dragons, and the like. Magic? Uh... What did you just do to me?

*minifox jumps on Thunder's head with a note*
Welcome to FF! Keep the minifox as a gift of Shiro Chan, Oregonian fox.

Ooh a minifox!  :3 *hugs and puts on shoulder* Thanks! Nice gif in your sig. I've always wanted something along those lines.

well a fine welcome to ya. me names frost and i'm thesident tea shop owner *hands her a cuppa tea* a bit of a gift from the shop. I too consider me self a bit of a wrighter but i think im terrible.. so ya welcome

*takes the tea gratefully and gives you a big smile* Thanks.

omg, you mentioned me Shinzuu! you made me feel happeh

and hi, ya im Kitt.... the local slovakian... also known as Santa claws and all round happy cat

*sits on your knee* I've been so good this year! I want a new set of pencils, a pet fox, and a DeLorean.

Apparently, I'm not good to know... and I agree Yeah fun times, dry humour, lashings of the dangers of invisibility.
I too am a writer, and I try to give constructive criticism to every piece of writing on the site. So more often than not, you'll have atleast one person responding to anything you may post.

Other than that, read the signs, watch the walls, beware of low flying craft, and you'll be ok.

Hello AsiaBunny. Nice to meet you. Warnings duly noted. ^_^

'Ellos there.

Welcome to the FF.
I'm iKero-chu, the one and only Pirate Ferrachu Ninja.

Ahoy there iKero-chu!

Now that's probably the last time I will reply to everyone...

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

Apparently, I'm not good to know... and I agree :P Yeah fun times, dry humour, lashings of the dangers of invisibility.

i'm sorry asia, i don't know you very well. i've only been on one post with you, so........... yea, sorry

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 11:12:13 PM »
Yip, yip Thunder! Welcome to the forums!
Im Timmy the fox, im the only Royal Cutefox around here (lol) but you can call me Timmy or Feral ^_^
I never say no to a new friend btw ;)
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 01:11:18 AM »
Hiya! I'm Kindran, the resident Vampyre Kitteh and giver of limongolachookies (lemon lime mango kolache cookies)! Welcome to the forums. If you ever need a friend, feel free to pm me, I don't bite.....often X3
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"