The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: For Whom The Bell Tolls  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
Re: For Whom The Bell Tolls
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 05:54:48 PM »
...ic user...
darn...
"Hehe, only a special type of person could see that, eh?"
Shiro hands back a pouch of coins a little heavier than it was originally.
"Only a special type of person, am i right?"
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 06:03:24 PM »
Kitt hefted the purse, opening it up and pulling out two gold pieces... "you do know that purse only had my coppers in?....

"yes i did know... a good fake, but fake nonetheless... you have a good eye for your work, i have known only one other recognise that gem as fake" he smiled, watching her carefully "well, if you could maybe give it a sharpening as well, but yes i think that is all thats needed thank you..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Soryu/Miayuki Isumi

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Avi thanks to the lovely Silnat at furaffinity.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raichu
  • Coloring: Yellow
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 160lb
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 07:54:47 PM »
The woman smiled softly and looked to Mahi "I am not a weapons user but none the less I love to support a cause such as a great Female Blacksmith" she said leaving a few gold coins "However, I am looking for a job if you can help me there" she said simply" Anything will help me, even grunt work if you offer it" she said with a faint smile. She turned to the cat sniffing the air and then looked down to the other fur "Stealing isn't nice... And using magic here is strictly forbidden" she shook her head turning her attention back to Mahi "So... is there anything I can do?"
My dear there is no danger
Can't you see they turn blind eyes
To we swift and spotlight strangers?
Oh before the rush is over
We will be revered again
While the victims still recover
Oh,
Are we running toward death?
I have met him times before
He adores us like the rest
Oh even if we're discovered
Just be sure to wear your best
We will surely make the covers

I am a Hermaphrodite and proud of it!

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 10:30:08 PM »
Mahi gave Shiro a quick glare before looking to Kitt again. "Okay, I'll get right on that then." She nodded. She turned her head towards Miayuki as she took the gold coins. "Well thank you. Sure, you could work for me if you'd like. I'm not really busy now, but I wouldn't mind having someone else around to help out." She responded with a smile.
Turning around, she walked back to her heating fire with the sword and gem in hand. She worked swiftly, heating only the area where the gem needed to be and being sure not to accidentally change anything about the sword while she heated it. She put a glove on and picked up the gem, gently putting it in place and holding it there for a few seconds. She let go and took off the glove, the sword looking just like it had before and like nothing had been wrong with it. She went over to her sharpening wheel and peddled it to get it spinning, holding the edge of the sword to it and switching to the other edge when she finished that one. When she finished, she moved away from the wheel and sliced the air a few times with the sword.
Smiling, she walked back over to Kitt, flipping the sword over and handing it to him hilt first with her other hand on the underside of the sword near the tip. "Hopefully this will be to your liking." She said as she handed the sword to him, looking him in the face again. It was easy to look someone in the face or eyes when you didn't exactly see them looking back at you.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 10:52:04 PM »
Miayuki could sense the distortion in Mahi's body "Now then may I ask one more question Mahi?" she asked simply and looked around to see the cat and smiled "She did a great job eh?" she blushed and looked at Mahi "Why hide your blind eyes?" she whispered going around back to begin straightening up around her workshop humming softly. She looked at all her work and designs and simply couldn't believe her skill "She must have dedicated her life to all this" she said simply "Well... I guess when you have no sight you might as well dedicate your life to your dream no matter how much work it takes" she said with a smile "I mean if you are missing something in your life you should fill it with something that can fill that void" she said muttering on and continued to clean.
We will be revered again
Oh,

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »
"No, there is no ban on magic users. They are not widely accepted, but it seems that i am among those like me. And, by the way, i am a master at Trickery magic, and i am a fox. The two go hand in hand. However, i never take without giving."
Shiro did a little bow
"Shiro Chan, master of mischief, and the king of the Knife, Card, and Coin, at your service, fellow magical users, and not abusers"

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2009, 01:51:23 PM »
"a very fine job... rest assured i will come to this blacksmiths again.... no other i have seen equals your skill.... well, i suppose i will be on my way..."
Kitt slid the rapier back into its leather cover, strapping it back to his belt, he turned when the fox spoke to him..
"yes... she did a fine job, you shouls be proud of the work you do miss..." the last part was directed to the blacksmith herself.... Kitt watched the fox as she blushed, he too couldnt help but blush and turned back to the blacksmith, extending a paw to shake hers...
"names Kitt Szarda... im an entertainer of sorts... and i will be sure to call again if ever i need your skilled work..."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
Mahi didn't like that Shiro was mentioning that she was a magic user. It could get her in a lot of trouble and she didn't want that. Her only acknowledgment to his introduction was a nod in his direction. She would not confirm what he was saying.
"I'm glad it's to your liking." Mahi smiled at Kitt, before glancing back towards Miayuki. "I don't hide my blind eyes. I direct my attention to people's faces when I speak to them, unless I don't need to. I don't need to be facing someone to 'see' them actually." She responded to the question, emphasizing the word 'see'. She turned her attention back to Kitt to see his outstretched hand and hear his introduction. "Mahi Smythe. Blacksmith, of course. And I would be happy to help you again should you return." She said, shaking his hand.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
Kitt shook the blacksmiths hand, "well Miss Smythe... very pleased to meet your aquaintance.... well, i must be off... may our paths cross again" walking back to his dark tan horse, the young feline jumped into the saddle, chivying his horse into a trot he set off down the cobbled street...

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2009, 09:56:38 PM »
The woman walked past Mahi "Your backshop is cleaned, I will be back in about an hour i need to find a home nearby so I can get to work easier" she smiled brightly "I like your outlook on life" the woman headed onto the streets looking to the fur who was bent over coughing patting his back "Are you ok?" she asked simply "You seem sick... " she looked him in the eyes and waited for a response thoroughly concerned.
We will be revered again
Oh,

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »
She blinked and rushed forwards picking the fur up and draping his arm over her shoulder heading back towards the woods where the current inn she was staying at resided. Checking back in she headed back up to her room and layed him down on the bed. She layed a wet cloth over his head and began to think. She could heal him with herbs which would take a while and he could get worse or... With magic but that ran an even higher risk. "What to do what to do..." she could hear the inn keeper leave with the ring of a bell "Curses! I have no choice" she said closing her eyes and searched for the lay lines attached to his body and his wounds. Wrapping them around her fingers she slowly began to weave and twist them back into place slowly closing the wounds. Of course to anyone else this would just look like an odd dance. She could slowly feel her energy draining but kept it up until his wounds were closed. Exhausted she leaned back on a chair and let her eyes flutter shut.

((Lay lines are a mythical method that spell casters used, they are natural magic found within ones body and the earth))
We will be revered again
Oh,

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
Mahi nodded to them both as they left. After they were gone, she sighed. Having no more work to do at the moment, she sat down in a chair. She watched others as they passed by, one-third of them not daring to look in her direction. She listened to all the sounds of the village as she sat there. She took in everything, just like she always did, getting a full 'view' of the world she was living in.

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2009, 01:46:16 AM »
Shiro had not moved out of the shop. Obviously he had found someone superior to him, and it was his creed to follow those in defence of magic, to aid them in any struggle. Plus, he liked her. Not in that way, but in a way a friendly way. Fox lore dictated that if a magician saw a fox trick, the trickster would be in debt to the person for 4 years. Not as a slave, for that would violate the code and therefore be against magic, but as a servitor and guidance person. He stood next to her looking out on the world, seeing a view he knew she would not share, but she herself had a better "view" of everything.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2009, 02:02:07 AM »
"Is there something I can do for you?" Mahi questioned Shiro as she kept her focus on what was out in front of her and around her. She didn't understand why he was still hanging around. Having never witnessed a fox trick before, she knew nothing about the trickster being indebted to whomever saw their trick. She could 'see' him standing beside her, looking out at the same view that she was, but missing out on portions of it just like she was missing out on other portions of it.

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2009, 02:15:19 AM »
"I am in your debt. The Trickster code states that if one is to witness a trick, the trickster must do the bidding and be companion to the 'see'er of the trick for four years. As i said before, my lady, i am in your Debt."