Author Topic: How to convince people that furrys are not all a bunch of perverts in fur suits  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
we're always happy to help everyone with their problems as much as we can. *hugs* :3

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
You'll come to notice we furries are more than a fandom we're a geat big supportive family with lots of hugs to give.

That's why I don't call it the furry fandom anymore. I prefer to call it the furry family. ^_^

Offline LordFeline

• Vibrating Furby
  • "The empror never forgives, heretics!"
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: light grey, with streaks of metallic blue running down arms and back
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 174 lbs.
  • Build: medium, leaning towards muscular
 :)acceptance at last
vibrating furby?! what the hell kind of title is that!?

.::WAAAGH 2011 VETRAN::.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Glad you feel at home here. It's always nice to see others happy.  0:)

Most furries are generally nice, especially the non-perverted ones.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Zamiel

• Avid Aardvark
    • Zamiel of IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: Least Weasel
  • Coloring: The upper parts of the fur are dark tawny. The underside, including the lower jaw & inner sides of the arms & legs are white. There's Stoat blood in him ;)
  • Build: Lean, althletic & very, very flexible.
OMG!! YOU'RE A (INSERT SUBCULTURE)!!!

Furries, Goths, Emo, Metal Heads, Punks, D&D players or any alternative hobby, lifestyle or 'nerdish' interests have ALWAYS been the target of childish hatred & mickey takin'. I think it's not as bad 'ere in the UK, but from what I've seen & read I gather that high schools in the US can be pretty vicious. High school has always been about findin' acceptance & bein' part of the 'in crowd'. Those who are lower on the social food chain are fair game for these superficial idiots. The more you react to the finger pointin' & the insults, the more they'll do it.

When I was at school I was ripped for bein' a metaller, playin' Dungeons & Dragons & a nerd. I just joked along with them & made a few self-deprecatin' jokes. The funnier I made them, the more the haters left me alone 'cos not only was I funny, but I obviously didn't care what they thought. It was hard at first, but well worth it ;)

A couple of peeps at work know I'm a furry, but the reaction I got when they found out was "meh"... no one cared 'cos they're adults ;) Remember mate, you're only gonna be in high school a few years & then you'll never 'ave to see the idiots again ;)
I Love Humanity... It's People I Don't Like.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
It seems typical of haters and hate groups that the stronger their hate, the more unwilling they are to let go of their prejudices. I think the best example of what true furries are like is this forum. It's why I stay here. :)

If they harrass you again, I would simply ask them if they'd be willing to learn the truth about furries. If the answer is yes, then there's hope. If the answer is anything sarcastic, antagonistic, or anything else negative, then don't waste any more time or energy on them. I'm amused by the fact that the only thing I'm intolerant of is intolerance. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Egan

• Chatty Cheetah
  • lmoa im not here
    • Awards
  • Species: Air Dragon
  • Coloring: Dragon fursona, White with black underbelly and purple inner ears
  • Height: 5 '9
  • Weight: 179 Pounds
  • Build: Muscular
OMG!! YOU'RE A (INSERT SUBCULTURE)!!!

Furries, Goths, Emo, Metal Heads, Punks, D&D players or any alternative hobby, lifestyle or 'nerdish' interests have ALWAYS been the target of childish hatred & mickey takin'. I think it's not as bad 'ere in the UK, but from what I've seen & read I gather that high schools in the US can be pretty vicious. High school has always been about findin' acceptance & bein' part of the 'in crowd'. Those who are lower on the social food chain are fair game for these superficial idiots. The more you react to the finger pointin' & the insults, the more they'll do it.

Exactly. To be honest, I don't think its because we are 'odd' But that we are in the minority....

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
If it were me, I'd totally embrace all their hate and be like "yeah, I'm pereverted. but like you aren't?" I mean, honestly, considering the amount of pron and pervertedness in today's schools is it really so wrong that some of those perverts are furry? Really? Why is the label furry any different from labeling any other fetish? How is it any worse?

But, it is not a fetish, it is a lifestyle and my response would be more of a joke to my haters than anything, since I answer to hate with jokes. Other people here have already answered well and appropriately, trust what they said.  ;)
x

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
You could always tell them to grow up, threaten with a discrimination suit of bring up some dirt on them. All completely legal and all effective. To varying degrees.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
lawl, i joke about furries a lot too...

anyways, you can always tell them what a furry is (entirely) unless they are totlally closed minded.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
Show them this at 3:30
http://youtu.be/v9wWYD1vuWw?t=3m30s

:3 The rest of the documentary thing is somewhere around the forum. :P It's quite informative. I imagine it would all help.

Offline ArcticSkyWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • ArticSkyWolf is here to be awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue almost everywhere
  • Build: strong and awesome
  • Currently: Gaming some gamez
since they know that you are a furry, tell them that furries are not a bunch of perverts. Include yourself saying that you are not a pervert, etc...

Offline Taco <3

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Nom Nom Blub >.<
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon-Bunny
  • Coloring: Black, Blue
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Build: Average
Orrrrrrrrrrrr you could just beat them wif a marshmallu yelling "WE ARE NOT PERVERTS!!!! You assume we are so therefore you are one...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! HA!!!"
  • Signature art by: Grisli
CLICK THIS IF YEW WANT TEW LIVE!!!!
R.I.P Samuel Harrison Jr.
         June 7-May 3
I owns teh tail of LonelyKat232

Offline Groo

• Avid Aardvark
  • Otaku furry? Heck yeah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Black FOX
  • Coloring: Black and white
  • Height: 5 foot 5
  • Build: Slender and slightly miscular
  • Currently: Currently watching Higurashi >:3
Just tell em furries are people who enjoy anthropomorphic art, roleplay, music, cartoons ect :D You can also explain to them that every fandom has its pervy side... It should work, it not, than forget them and let them live in ignorance...