Author Topic: Phantom Sensations?  (Read 6711 times)

Offline shikidixi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: dragowolfox
Re: Phantom Sensations?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2023, 03:13:54 AM »
Yessss I so rarely get to feel my wings but when I do yippee!!! I also fly in my dreams a lot, it feels like practice.

In real life I mostly get phantom tail or ears! Always one of my favorite sensations

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2023, 06:10:45 PM »
It is certainly worth trying meditation to get in touch with your phantom limbs. It feels freeing; like doing a satisfying yawn, or a really big stretch. I would always recommend it - if you can't get into the meditation mindset, here is a trick I have...

What you must do is pull up a chair, and stare at a blank wall. Just stare. Count in your mind - '1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1' - do not focus on your breathing. Do not focus on anything but your numbers. If you slip, go right back to your numbers; '1, 2, 3, 3, 2, 1'.
You do not need to clear your mind; you simply need to empty it of anything other than the act of looking at the blank wall, and counting.
After 5 minutes, you will feel calm and relaxed; it is like taking a short nap.

From here, you can begin your true meditation, as documented in 'Kinsenses', posted on the previous page  :3
Good luck out there.

ZARA-RA!!

Offline shikidixi

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: dragowolfox
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2023, 06:35:01 PM »
I do a morning run now actually! that's very meditative for me 0w0 i've never been good at sitting still

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2023, 12:37:34 PM »
Ooh! That's good! But I had moreso meant the ritualistic spurring of your phantom limbs; sort of like a mental massage, connecting you to your past lives.
The preliminsry meditation I had mentioned is specifically for those with ADHD, it's one I use myself - but I reckoned it could be useful for anybody who has trouble getting into the calm mindspace  ^_^ (It's also just a good trick for calming down whenever you are stressed - I had learnt this one during CBT.. Which is a lot less mystical sounding. Ha!)

Of course, you don't have to do any of it - but I find it feels spiritually empowering myself, so I would certainly recommend it  ^_^

ZARA-RA!!