The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rabid  (Read 29277 times)

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Grizzly Bear
  • Coloring: Dark brown overall
  • Height: 6' 0".
  • Weight: 172 lbs.
  • Build: Average build.
  • Currently: Keeping the Spirit of 2073 alive
Re: Rabid
« Reply #870 on: April 14, 2018, 09:19:15 AM »
"Cross my heart," Tyler said as he returned her smile with one of his before waving for the fox to follow. As they left the kitchen, Tyler turned to face him as they walked. "That's my girl, no one like her." He said, laughing as the dog opened the front door.

Blaine groaned loudly, leaning his head back as he covered his face with his hands. "The boredom is gonna kill me before the undead do." He said, leaning forward and laying his head on the table as he hissed from the leg wound.

Tyler stepped outside and took a breath of fresh air. "Ah, nice day...well, relatively." He said as he noticed a few undead slumped against the gate. They seemed more malnourished than the ones in the city, but it had been almost two weeks or so since the outbreak began.

He stood by, turning to look at the fox. "Hey..I never caught your name by the way, you want to handle those two with your knife? Should be an easy job." Tyler asked, readjusting his rifle sling.
A   P S Y C H E D E L I C   B O I

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Hello!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fennec fox
  • Coloring: Bright cream
  • Height: 4 ft. 8 in.
  • Weight: 87 pounds
  • Build: Slim hourglass, slightly built, into speed and agility
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Doing a lot but on mostly. Cynical.
« Reply #871 on: April 14, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »
The stranger nodded, "Better than shooting them. We don't want more coming here." He looked to Tyler as he walked beside him. "M'name's Jonah."

"From what I can gather, your name is Tyler?" The fox pulled the coat he'd been wearing, open. He looked as if he was about to suffocate in it, but he rushed slightly, past Tyler to the gate and pulling them all by the hair through the gate partially so he could deliver killing blows easier.

Holly laughed and nodded, "I might die of alcohol deprivation."

Kai snorted, "You can't die from alcohol deprivation. That isn't even a thing."

Holly raised an eyebrow, "Yes it is."

Kai nodded slightly, "But not the kind you're thinking of."
  • Avatar by: National Geographic Kids
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #872 on: April 18, 2018, 05:45:42 AM »
"Nice and silent, good job." Tyler complimented, walking up to the gate and lifting the hinge up. "And yeah, that's correct." He said as he opened the gate with a rusty screech. Stepping through, Tyler held it open for Jonah.

Blaine laughed at Kai's retort. "It's best to sober up anyways. Rather not get chomped because I was distracted." He said, lighting a cigarette before he took another drink of his coffee.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #873 on: April 18, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »
Kai nodded, "I feel a couple pounds lighter now that I'm not covered in blood."

Holly spoke, "Somehow I doubt it."

"You caught me, only a couple grams lighter." Kai said in response.

Jonah nodded, "Wouldn't want to make a ruckus yet, not so close to the base."
FennecFoxPassin'Through

You have to realize the reason for war, love and peace. They are all used to attain power in the society. To keep our filthy race alive a few more generations. Love is just another hormone to keep your line of tainted blood going.

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #874 on: April 18, 2018, 07:12:32 AM »
"So we're heading pretty far. I packed us some things, food and essentials." Tyler said as they walked down the pathway to the main road. "I lied when I said it was a veterinarians' office. It may be a bit further, but I saw an emergency clinic in town." He confessed, tiredly adjusting his bag strap.

They reached the road and had to turn right to head into town. "So Jonah, you up for more of a challenge?" Tyler asked, looking to the fox with a serious face.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: April 23, 2018, 08:53:17 PM »
Jonah nodded, "We're going to have to be quick if you want to maintain that lie," said Jonah. Then he nodded, "Let's go, "
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #876 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:58 AM »
After an uneventful hour, the two were almost in town and near the clinic. "Looks clear. Let's rest for a moment." Tyler said, dropping his pack on the ground. They were distanced from the road, with enough visibility to it to tell if they were in danger.

Sitting down, the dog pulled the backpack to himself and unzipped it. Retrieving two bottles of water, he tossed one to Jonah. "Hopefully, we can find a working car and drive back." Tyler said, sitting crosslegged as he took his beanie off.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #877 on: April 28, 2018, 11:38:21 PM »
"That would be nice," Spoke Jonah, who caught the bottle and crouched across from Tyler, looking down at the road before cracking the bottle open and taking a sip. He rolled his neck and sighed, "What are you hoping to find down there?" He asked.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: April 29, 2018, 12:18:03 AM »
"Medicine. If we don't get it, we might as well shoot ourselves and save the undead the trouble." Tyler replied, taking a long drink after.

The clearing was quiet, apart from the local wildlife which almost seemed unaffected by the plague. But the sound of diesel engines broke the peace, three cargo trucks speeding past. The two were safe from being spotted, which benefited them as two more trucks with mounted weapons followed the convoy.

"Damn. Those must be the slavers." Tyler said, pulling his beanie on before readying his rifle. "At least they aren't looking for supplies. But they are looking for people." He added, nervously scratching his cheek.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #879 on: May 03, 2018, 02:07:45 AM »
"Let's just hope they'll pass and we can be on our way to get back and warn the others before they decide to check out the houses." said Jonah before looking out towards the convoy, keeping from being seen.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: May 03, 2018, 08:35:55 AM »

(Sorry if I'm typing a lot of stuff. Just having bursts of actual motivation for once.)

After another few quickly passed blocks later, they arrived at the clinic. A few seemingly untouched vehicles were parked outside, likely having belonged to the former staff here.

Tyler didn't stop until he reached the building's doors, taking his knife out before turning to Jonah. "Do what you do. You've been alive this long." He said before opening one of the blood-stained glass doors. A light wave of cold air came out from inside, bringing a smell of rotting flesh.

Once inside, Tyler took the lead and entered the lobby first. The room was small, seeing as it was only a small emergency clinic. The desk, usually manner by a receptionist, was barren with blood sprayed up the wall. The dog grimaced at the sight, turning back to the task at hand.

"Take the side rooms, I'll check the back offices." Tyler whispered to Jonah as he quietly made his way down the hallway leading to where patients would usually be seen.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: June 05, 2018, 09:27:43 AM »
(Sorry for the ridiculously long wait, a few things popped up and depression decided that would be a nice time to flare up. Hopefully I'll be more active now.)

Jonah nodded, gripping his knife tight and keeping it close to him, ready to attack as he took quiet steps beside Tyler, branching off to the nearest side door and stopping in front of it.

Slowly, he pushed the door open with his free hand, taking a moment to do a quick glance of the room. There was a mess of blood and rot on the patient bed, but he couldn't see any other sign of infected.

Keeping his guard up, he crept to the bedside table, a card sat on top of the table. Blood mostly obscured the message, looking to the body, he covered his nose. The stomach had been mostly eaten out, a picture clutched to it's chest was a picture of presumably the patient and their beloved. He took a moment to search the room, coming up with some Amoxicillin, both the generic and Augmentin variants.

Stuffing these into his jacket he pushed the door open and moved to the next room.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #882 on: June 06, 2018, 06:29:19 AM »
((I completely understand, dude. It's good to have you back.))

Tyler slowly walked from room to room, almost all containing some sign of what had happened weeks ago. He held a rag to his face, hoping to block some of the horrid smell that lingered.

Finally reaching a locked door, the dog took his time to examine it before deciding to just cave it in. Kicking under the handle, the door swung wide open and Tyler stumbled through.

"Oh damn...oh...damn." Tyler slowly said as he stood back up to see what appeared to be leftovers of the pharmacy. Pain medications, antibiotics and even anti-inflammatories.

He dropped his pack and began to shovel the supplies inside, not even bothering to sort any of the mess out.

Offline cuzyeahboi

• Optimistic Owl
  • Hello!
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: June 06, 2018, 06:56:55 AM »
Jonah sorted through the next two rooms with no problem problem, coming up with some antibiotics and pain medication. He pushed the third door open slowly, but something heavy on the other side slammed into it, it shut with quite a bang.

He stepped back, holding his knife at the ready he took a heavy kick at the door, it swung open. Through the now unblocked doorway an infected lunged out at him, it's face half rotted away he could barely tell what it was anymore.

Kicking it back he lunged in turn, stabbing it under the rib-cage and again through the throat. He then pushed the dead body back and took a cautious step over the body. looking at what was in the room. It was an unpleasant mess of smell, rot and things thrown to the floor.

Searching among the mess, he found another body, one of a doctor or nurse, judging by the clothing. Crouching next to it, he patted the body down, he came up with nothing but a few pens.

Standing back up he left the room and resumed his search in the next room.
FennecFoxPassin'Through

Offline Blaiiine

• Melodious Mouse
  • Psilocybear
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: June 10, 2018, 07:51:00 AM »
Tyler finished clearing the pharmacy, closing his pack and slinging it back over his shoulder.

The door to the hall slowly opened, followed by the dog cautiously making his way out. He quietly followed his way back out to the entrance, deciding to wait for Jonah outside.

Finding his way to the steps outside the front doors, Tyler found a spot under a half wall by the stairs. Covered from the road, he felt safe enough to light a cigarette and await his comrade.