The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Paranormal Activity  (Read 1458 times)

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
Paranormal Activity
« on: October 17, 2009, 06:55:33 PM »
I heard it was ubber scary, and I REALLY wanna see it.
D:
Anyone else watch it yet?
I'd love to hear some opinions.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Paranormal Activity
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 05:20:33 AM »
I've not seen it, but I've heard it's scary as well. :/

Offline artimus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: Average build, fairly skinny.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 07:32:54 AM »
I went to see it and, speaking as one who believes in the paranormal, it was probably the scariest movie I've ever seen.

Paranormal Activity is shot in the style of Blair Witch or Cloverfield. It's the story of a couple wherein the girlfriend has been tormented by some kind of spirit since she was 8. Basically, the film is a series of paranormal activities. No spoilers here, but if you're susceptible to other opinions influencing your own, skip to the bottom for a general recommendation.

Now, when I say scary, alot of you are thinking of shock scares, right? The cheapest, lamest way to get someone scared, right?

WRONG! This movie is, not to give spoilers, one that builds and builds tension, only giving something resembling a shock scare very, VERY few times. What you imagine being scared by in a haunting is what you're scared by. Footsteps, moving doors, moving bedsheets (Again, no spoilers, that's in the trailer) all build up your fear until, by the end, you'll beg for the big scare to end it all. Trust me, this film is scary. I'm 19 and it was the first movie I've seen in years that has given me difficulty sleeping.

And best of all? The characters are LIKEABLE! I genuinely cared about them and wanted them to survive their ordeal. It's not like the typical "horror" movies wherein the entire film is predicated on your wanting each character to die in horrible ways.

I have to stress that if you see it, though, watch it in theaters. Watch it in theaters. MAKE SURE you go and watch it in theaters. Preferably at night. The experience is very much heightened. Although I've heard, and this is a good suggestion, that since the film takes place in a home, watching it in your own home might transcend the fear of the characters of their home onto you and your own home. But, that won't be for awhile, and, since this isn't a shock scare movie, knowing what's gonna happen ahead of time isn't REALLY gonna help decrease the fear, so seeing it now won't water down the experience if you get it on DVD next year.

My recommendation: See it in theaters, if you like it, get it for home next year. And, if you haven't already, don't watch the trailers. All you really need to know about the film is it's a home-video style film about a series of paranormal happenings.

Edit: If you want a second opinion, try this. http://blip.tv/file/2707723/

Or for a third: http://blip.tv/file/2727920/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:38:40 AM by artimus »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:00:37 PM »
I saw it, and yea not exactly something I want to see again because of real life experiences I've dealt with, I probably should not have seen that movie. I think however it would only be scary for those of you who do believe in paranormal activity :S
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
I heard that grown men in America have left the movies crying...I'm 16 years old and I just burst out laughing at every ''scary'' bit, I slept like a baby that same night, though the group of 8 5 of them screamed at every bit and me, my bf and some random guy just laughed at it all. No bits made me jump at all, and yeah im not saying it wont scary you cause it depends on if you believe in demons and hauntings. Oh and artimus when the bedsheets move the demons actually in bed with them xD I saw the mattress dent slightly.

But yeah, I watched it at night in the movies but i didnt find it scary at all and yeah i believe in all this stuff it just reminded me to much of the rubbish make-belief TV series ''Most Haunted'' since i was always expecting to wires or something or maybe even a person tip toe past the door or summin.

But in my personal opinion I hated the movie it was so boring and I kinda regret going to watch it.
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix