The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Royal Quest  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Avatar art by the wonderful Demo! ^-^
    • Awards
  • Species: Sitka Black-Tailed Deer
  • Coloring: Tans and browns
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: Around 145
  • Build: Muscular and Lithe
The Royal Quest
« on: November 15, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »
[[OOC Thread: Here]]

It was dark. Not just the kind of dark that comes when the sun goes down, but also the kind of dark that hangs over a small town where everyone is on the brink of poverty and starvation. Many of the beasts were living on the streets or in the pine forest that surrounded the tiny town. Those lucky enough to have shacks were not-so-lucky, they didn't have much to eat either. The only ones worth robbing were the rich ones - the houses on the hill. From the forest, Heorot eyed said houses, one hand gripping a tree branch tightly and the other grasping a mighty dagger. A few days earlier, he had picked it from the very person he was planning to rob. The impressive knife, if properly placed, would serve as a good reminder of his rule: "The greedy will pay for the poor of the world".

Slipping it knife into its holster, Heorot carefully swung down from the tree. Climbing was unusual for a deer but he had perfected the art. Plus, it was more about balance than grip.

"Here we go," he said, picking up a swift run. The hill was gentle, so he would have to remain in the trees until he got to the back. The big house was seated comfortably near the woods, with a basement door that lead right to the vault downstairs. He had it all planned, all ready. Now the only thing he had to do was steal the key and be on his way.

As he opened the cellar door, a strange scent hit his nose. It smelled of two-legged animals, of the carnivorous variety. But the owner of the house was a boar. How could that be? Heorot swung down to the floor and stood - right into the faces of four armed guards.

"Heorot Hart, you are under arrest for breaking and entering."
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Royal Quest
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 06:32:12 PM »
The guard stood bolt upright, before dropping like a stone to the stone slab paved floor of the corridor... The short, curved, obsidian blade pulling out from beside his spine with a grotesque ~schnik~ the wielder of the blade was already leaping over the body, soft, supple, leather boots padding silently across the tiles... The dark-cloaked figure running through the darkness, occasionally lit by flaming torches set in brackets.

Reaching the corner the feline pulled a short, snub-nosed crossbow with complex looking, loading mechanism from across his back... not a sound... it was time...

Winding the mechanism and loading a set of quarrels he stepped around the corner, facing the guards who were making a last stand around a rich looking figure beside a locked oak door at the end of the corridor.

A streak of silver, a bolt shot from the nose of the crossbow, striking the first guard in the chest, the next bolt sped across the distance to the guards, planting itself in his shoulder. The last guard crumpled as a bolt made its new home in his forehead, the last standing fur backed against the door, fear flew across his face.

“Who... who are you?! Why did you kill my men?!”

The assassin stood; feet planted firm on the flagstone... eyes glinting he cocked his head, examining the figure with contempt...

“It would seem you owe much to the guild, Duke Ferdinand...”

The duke recoiled, paw scrabbling for the handle on the door behind him as the dark clad feline strode purposefully towards him... releasing a cry of fear he turned and pulled on the iron ring with all his might, even as the dark obsidian blade pierced him, driving through and out from his chest, dark blood running in rivulets like mercury across its surface. He fell, to his knees, sliding down the oaken door, gilt tunic stained with blood...

The feline pulled the blade back out, wiping it across the duke’s fine clothing...

“It would also seem... you owe... no more...”
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Royal Quest
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
Chrono walked into the Kingdom of Hruush, at least he was told it was such. The first thing he ran into outside was a guard who stopped him and pointed to his katana. "I'm sorry sir dragon, we'll have to confiscate your blade until we can verify your intentions..." Chrono looked over the guard's shoulder and saw a beast mauling a villager not too far away.

"Um, if you have my katana, how am I to defend myself against that thing behind you?" The guard looked behind him and immedeatly grabbed his spear to attack the beast. Chrono saw no more guards approaching and went into the city.

Two hours later...

Chrono was in one of the labryinth-like mazes that filled this side of the kingdom, and saw yet another beast that was not only bipedal, but was brandishing a rather crude looking halbred. Chrono just stood there waiting for the beast to charge, his eyes not even showing a hint of emotion and his entire posture too relaxed for the usual response to such a creature. Enraged at the complete lack of fear he sensed from this dragon, the beast charged at him bellowing some incoherent language of animal.

When the beast got within a meter of Chrono, he side-stepped and outstretched his claw, gouging the monster in the abdomen and injecting a green liquid that was now pouring out of a pore in his claws. The guards who heard the bellow finally arrived to see a statue that used to be the rampaging beast, and then seeing Chrono raise his katana and bringing it down at the right angle to completely demolish the previously living statue. In the moments following, Chrono was apprehended and the guards finally told him his charges when they reached prison. "For vigilantism, and the brandishing a weapon, this dragon will now be sentenced to a month inside our jail cells..."

Chrono mumbled under his breath "Self-defense is a crime?"

This seemed to only enrage the guard and he didn't even bother to deal with the weapon Chrono still had and personally tossed him into one of the worst jail cells. Chrono sat down on the floor and looked up at the cieling. "I came on a request for my abilities, and they throw me in jail for doing what I was called here for..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel