The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Royal Quest (OOC and Character thread)  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Avatar art by the wonderful Demo! ^-^
    • Awards
  • Species: Sitka Black-Tailed Deer
  • Coloring: Tans and browns
  • Height: 6'1''
  • Weight: Around 145
  • Build: Muscular and Lithe
A Royal Quest (OOC and Character thread)
« on: November 15, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »
RP Thread: Here
The Plot/Setting
Since the beginning of written history, the Royal family has ruled over the Kingdom of Hruush(pronounced roosh). They had many kings, all of whom ruled with varying degrees of intensity. There were good kings, bad kings, and then - there was the Black King. He was so cruel and so bad that one day, the Kingdom's guard held a coup, in which they tried to overthrow him. And it succeeded. Sort of.
The Black King escaped with his life, but not before taking the princess from the castle nursery. Now, without a princess to rule the kingdom and no one to take the place of King, Hruush has fallen into turmoil.

One autumn day, as you go about your daily life, you receive a summons. The Hruush Guard requests your help for a quest. Will you accept?

Rules:
1.) Please be semi-literate
2.) You are encouraged to RP as your fur-self, however it is acceptable if you don't
3.) This is an exploratory RP. I don't know what will happen as much as you don't
4.) Posts should be at least a paragraph (if you really can't do a paragraph, a few well-formed sentences will suffice)
5.) Going in order is encouraged but not required

My Character:
Name: Heorot
Information: A tall, well-muscled sitka deer. He is keen and intelligent. He is a master thief of Hruush, thus providing reason for the guard to choose him to join the Royal Quest group. Polite and well-mannered, Heorot is easy to get along with as well as fun to be around. He doesn't like to be pessimistic and always tries to point out the silver lining. (As this is a developmental RP, I am using it to find out a little more about Heorot, my fur-self)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 02:55:19 AM by Heorot »
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: A Royal Quest (OOC and Character thread)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 10:40:23 AM »
Name: Kitt Szabo
Info: A young feline, short and agile he is a member of the assasins guild in Hruush, renown for their ruthlessness and merciless approach to a job the assasins guild are the favoured place to go when you someone must die. However the Assasins of the guild are no barbarians, they must follow a strict code of conduct, and when outside of the job are often found in other jobs such as farming or a shopkeeper. Often practiced amongst the younger members of the guild is a form of dice gambling.

Being a feline, Kitt was well suited to the job of assassin, dark grey furred with even darker stripes, his agile form is well suited to his proffession, bright amber eyes and a long sweeping tail, he should do well as an assassin. Raised by one of the older members he had finally come of age and is ready to start full work, however, when he is called by the Royal quest's guard, it seems the life he had planned may not be so any more...

(Kitt wears the well known dark clothing of an assassin, face covered by a deep crimson bandanna style mask, he wears assassins boots, supple leather to provide minimal noise, loose dark clothing overlayed by light plates of obsidian armour, able to deflect a well placed dagger or sword... a hood and cloak are also part of the uniform, must haves in the line of proffesion when being seen can cost you your life...)

(wepaonry wise: Every assassin has differing choice in weaponry, from those who use darts and shurikens, to those who use daggers, swords and blades, even to those who use the full blown crossbow....  Kitt carries two short blades that are attatched from the back of the wrist and also a master crafted, repeater crossbow, handed down to him when his carer died, the complex mechanism is well fought over in the guild, and it has already served Kitt well in an assasination where its high rate of fire, long range and sheer brute power came into its own)

is that alright?
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
Totally! =) Sorry it took so long to reply. lol
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 01:42:01 AM »
Name: Chrono Sinwyng

Info: He sticks out in a crowd from 200 yards away. His scale pattern is green tiger stripes across the back of his neck and neon green from the bottom of his jaw to his crotch to meet with his tail's green underscales. He also has a long black mane with green highlights (they glow in the dark enough to provide vision for him) with black barbs sprouting out of his hair in a haphazard pattern. His claws are moderatly curved and are hollowed out to allow poison to seep from his glands and into whatever he claws.

Being a dragon, he had no chance at stealth since his color pattern tipped off anyone who actually tried to look for him, so he tried a spellsword, and found the path of using both poison and swordplay offered him a chance as one of the front-line members of the Royal Quest. He accepted it since no other option seemed better.

(Chrono wears a black hood-less and sleeved cloak, his chest wrapped in bandages under a leather-chainmail jerkin. He wears no rings or bracelets since it could cut off the circulation to his poison seeping claws. He also wears a long and somewhat baggy pair of blackened cotton pants)

(Weaponry: a regal-looking katana that can withstand any number of poisons or acids Chrono uses, along with a few gems for binding spells for quick use)
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:55:44 PM »
Sounds good. =)

Anyone who's already join or will join can just start in the actual RP after posting their character. ^-^
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:57:33 PM »
i'l post tomorrow if thats alright  :3

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »
 ^_^ Yup, no problem!
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 05:48:57 PM »
i posted... issit alright?

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2009, 10:33:30 PM »
ummm....It's not there. lol
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »
"ugh" *grumbles about stupid interwebs*   i'l re-post it  :3

Offline Heorot

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 10:54:25 PM »
I'll be posting soon. ^-^
Heorot = Buck
Courtney = Girl
No confusion, please. =)