The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Alluring world  (Read 907 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Alluring world
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »
Rigor didn't mention tickling. I did. lol. :P

And Rigor, do whatever you feel you need to to feel better. Because it all comes down to you and what you need.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 04:23:10 PM »
Well, I did go; I don't think it did very much for me other than make me really nervous and get me a parking ticket. Obviously some cosmic force doesn't like the idea of therapy for me. That or it doesn't like cutting me breaks.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »
stick with it for now, see what comes of it. First appointment is always like that... except for the parking ticket
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
Take it from somebody who has spent their fair amount of time in "counselling", it isn't worth the time.

It's an endless exchange of vague, meandering ideas which (apparently) you are supposed to try to create some conceptual synthesis of; As you can imagine, it is rarely more than an hour of two people reaffirming their own diluted belief that they are emotionally attuned to those around them, and thereby (here's where it gets funny) intelligent, caring human beings.

Psychology is by name a "soft-science", don't rely on it to solve anything. Chances are, it will be a waste of your time, and if by chance it DOES help, given psychology's track record I can virtually guarantee you it will be little more than a temporary high brought on by the false impression that a veritable stranger (you are paying to care about you) actually cares about you.

I find this rather negative and insulting. I want to be a counselor after university because I do care and understand a lot, being through a lot myself-- but perhaps you refer to people who just take the course and then think they understand people. However, having an attitude like that isn't going to make Rigor feel any better or have a positive outlook or have a feeling she has choices to make it better for herself. Its unfortunate counseling for you didn't work out, but it juts depends on the person and the counselor- it doesn't work for everybody but she should give it a try.

I had counseling for 2 years for my depression and she really did give a hoot about what I was saying- she inspired me to want to be a counselor, and because she went through some of the things I did she could help me out. I am a much happier person for it and she pretty much saved my life because I listened to her and was able to have my say on what was going through my mind without being judged. 

I imagine that you had anxiety attacks and things like that when you told your teacher probably because you never really talked to anyone before- and suddenly acknowledging your problems and hearing them out loud gave you a major shock. You should know thats normal and thats the first step to recovery! I'm proud of you Rigor and I want to support you all the way, you just have to put one foot in front of the other at times like this! Don't be discouraged because the first step was difficult- just see it as a challenge and you can do it.
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)