The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furs At War  (Read 9371 times)

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
Re: Furs At War
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2009, 04:49:23 AM »
Shiro walked over to one of the POW's working. He had heard this one speak english before.
"Hey, buddy."
The POW, a fox private, looked suspiciously at the Mouse Captain, and after some coaxing from Shiro, the two were sitting down with cigarets and cups from a flagon that Shiro had produced. They were talking like old war buddies. They didn't talk about strategies munitions, but of families back home, polotics, how much they hated Hitler, and such. He learned that most, in fact all of them were conscripted. Shiro assured them that if they didn't cause any trouble, they would all be let free as soon as this bloody war was over. The fox seemed relaxed. Shiro told him to finish his drink, and relay this to his buddies. He would even talk to them each individually if they wanted, but he warned him that his German was awful. They joked about this a little, and the private walked off. Shiro's sergeant walked up to him.
"What are you planning sir? Are you planning to betray them?"
Shiro looked hurt. "Me? Those boys didn't want to fight, they were forced to. Nah, they just want to go back home. Hell, ill rebuild germany after this war if it'll get those kids lives again."
"Then are you planning to just let them steamroll over us?"
"No. If its one of those SS bastardes, they deserve to die. Hitler deserves to die. But not these boys. Keep them comfortable sergeant. Encourage our boys to make them feel comfortable."
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2009, 01:47:21 PM »
Cyrus sighed and looked at the way the tank commander was running things. He couldn't run things like a commanding officer would, his best effort was to only order his unit of ten to twelve soldiers through the forest and to scout or infiltrate the Nazi line. "Orin, we're leaving things up to the tank commander, anyone whos still willing to fight right now, its your choice to come with me. All I can offer for now is the road to war..." his new war brother nodded and went to gather a small number of others willing to fight right now. Orin came back with a group of fifteen soldiers of varying species, all with the looks of real veterans even though they only had one battle this far.

Cyrus walked up to Shiro with an unusual amount of formality. "Tank commander, I leave this area to you, deal with the prisoners as you will. I'm going on ahead with my own troops, I hope to meet you in Paris so we can have drink together when this land is liberated." He turned around and whistled to his rag-tag group before they set off towards the forest.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »
"Likewise i am sure. I am going to hold position until they get the main area clear and a base set up. One of the battleships is going to reinforce our line. Call me if you need Artillery fire."
"Sergent! Get command on the line! Where are our reinforcements!"
"Sir i am looking at them! 3 Jeeps driving along the beach with 2 troop trucks!"
Shiro let out a sigh of relief.

Maybe they could hold this beach. At least maybe with the added help of the Conscripted troops as guides.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
"so... you polish?"
Kitt shook his head, watching the American soldier sullenly...
"french?"
"course e' aint french Ben... does e' look french to you?"
"shurrup, at least im tryin to be nicer to im.. oh! Czech! you Czech?"
Kitt shook his paw side to side, indicating almost...
"Slovakian!"
Kitt nodded, noncomital he stared sullenly up at the Yank...
"Heeey! youre a slovakian! i heard you guys are serious drinkers..."
Kitt nodded again....
"dont talk much do ya?"
Kitt shook his head...
" ere, you come with me n' Ben... you play cards? doesnt matter if ya dont... we have a drink... see if we can get you to talk some more eh?"
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2009, 12:26:25 AM »
Spike watched as another American walked up in front of him.
"You sprechen English?" The American asked.
Spike narrowed his eyes. "I sprechen Sie English, yes."
"Oh, good, because my German ain't good. Think you could teach me some?" He said, laughing.
Spike was a bit surprised at how many of these Americans seemed so nice. He thought that most of them would've been arrogant and pushy like his superiors.
"Umm...sure?" Spike said, unsure if the soldier was being serious. He was immidiately pulled to the side by his arm as the smiling American brought him over to a group of other Americans all of different species who were sitting down on ammunition crates. He couldn't help but feel in the most awkward position. "Guys, this is..." The soldier attempted to introduce him. "Spike Ingram." Spike answered for him. They all looked up at the fox in bewilderment as to why he wasn't behind the fence working away like the others. "Huxley, what are ya doing with a POW?" One of them asked. Spike looked at Huxley who seem confused at the question. "Learning." He replied. Huxley kicked over a couple extra crates and took a seat. Spike took the other. They all leaned closer as if waiting for Spike to do something interesting. Spike looked around. "What?" They all gasped. "He can speak English!?" One of them yelled. Spike rolled his eyes. "WHA'D I TELL YOU!?" Huxley yelled back.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »
"you dont talk much... but your a devil at the cards... whats that, fifth time you won in a row?"
Kitt smirked, shuffling the pack...
"i play good... better than my english..."

Ben looked from the feline to the other Americans around him.. "well if i'l be blown... the slovakian talks!" the american soldier laughed as they dealt out another round of cards....

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2009, 08:04:46 PM »
Two hours of revelry later, and several calls to command, shiro stood up and said to his troops.
"Allright everyone! Command has said that we are to move out today! We are going up north along the beach. We are going to the CP up in a small town up there! To the prisoners, you guys are free to go! You can go back over to the Nazis and get treated like filth, or you can go with us, and get back to your homes! Not only are we fighting a war with the enemy, but a war with an enemy that recruits innocents to fight us! Brothers of all lands, we will go forward and make our way to the town! You have 10 minutes to pack up and move out. Let us win this, and get EVERYONE where they want to go!"
The tank started up just as his troops, the americans and british, cheered.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Cyrus and his troops had reached a small village, and their uniforms made them stand out. However, he was led away by some soldiers in blue berets, and into a small house with boarded up windows. When they entered, a light came on and a whole slew of armed personel became noticeable. A ferret with a cigar in his mouth walked up to Cyrus with a rather elated and easy-going attitude and spoke with the tone of a man who just inherited a fortune. "Don't worry my friend, we have no intention to kill you, in fact... we've been praying for the day we would be getting assistance from someone besides our own countrymen. American, I give you a hearty welcome courtesy of the French Resistance"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:34 AM »
"The Persians defeated the Spartans not with quality of arms, but with quantity, and defeated them by taking a goat path, we'll do the same, however our tanks shall test the Yankee armor, which so far has failed to impress me, We are the Spartans fighting against Persia, however we will not lose, for we have the might of the Luftwaffle on our side. At exactly 0500, we shall collaborate with our brothers of the skies, and crush this American offensive."
The General said to his troops, cheers arose at the fact that the war could very well end here, at this very spot. After all many of the men in the company were just farmers who took up arms for what they believed in. And they were loyal to the Reich.
"Troops, put on gasmasks, after all A foe with no face if a foe to be reckoned with." Wolfgang, confused but not wanting to disobey put on his standard issue mask along with the other soldiers. Indeed they did look like a faceless foe.

As the Americans began to move out, Ju88s screamed across the skies and bombarded the naval threat, damaging battleships as anti air flak filled up the skies. Before the land based forces could begin to mount up for a defense, an angry force of Germans came out of the forests, reinforced with Tiger 1s and Panzer 4s. The faceless infantry marched on, staring down the Yankee soldiers with a grim desire to end the conflict. Wolfgang hanged back in the forests in a tall oak tree and prepared his sniper rifle for combat. Placing it gingerly between two sturdy branches, he took aim at a soldier near the lone tank and fired, hitting him in the gut.

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2009, 04:34:35 AM »
"SHARP! What the frack was that?"
Shiro's seargent, named Sharp, turned.
"Sir! That would be our fleet getting sunk, and a swarm of tanks coming down on our position! sir!"
"Great news." Shiro turned to his "mechanical genius" Moriarity, down in the hold of his tank.
"Can you get us out of here faster that you got us in?"
Moriarity, another mouse, looked up. "That is what she is built for!"
Shiro Turned to his troops.
"Unless you want to become Kraut dirt, haul your butts onto the tank. We can move faster than those clunky tanks can fire at us! EVERYONE INCLUDES NAZI CONSCRIPTS!!"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2009, 06:56:35 AM »
An artillarey round hit ground beside Spike. He was thrown into the air, and dropped against the ground. He was in a daze as he looked around. The group he'd just been with were now peices of flesh and tattered uniform sprayed against the wall. He struggled to get to his feet. He looked down and saw a Thompson laying on the ground, a severed hand still wrapped around it's handle and trigger. he picked it up and preyed off the limb. He looked between the advancing German forces and the fleeing Americans. This is where he had to decide who's side he was on.

"Halt!" A muffled voice barked from behind him. Spike dropped the weapon and slowly turned around. Two soldier in gas masks pointed their guns at the fox. They immediately lowered them once they saw who it was. "Spike?" One of them asked." Spike kept his hands up as he answered "Yes?" "It's us! Daniel and Seigefreid!" Spike was rushed into a decision. "...Get Kitt, we're getting out of here." Spike picked up the Thompson again and rushed after Daniel as Seigefreid split off to find Kitt.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2009, 04:06:24 PM »
"NO AMERICANO! AXIS! AXIS!" Kitt held up his paws, backed up against the wall of a country house... the two masked nazis pulled off their masks, panting...
"we know Kitt! for gods sake... its us! Daniel and Sigfried.... just stop running!"
Kitt gave a sheepish grin, standing back up..
"of course i know this..."
"C'mon! weve gotta catch up n' find SPike!"
The two pulled gas masks back on, dragging Kitt behind them...

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2009, 05:07:40 PM »
Shiro got all of his men, and a couple of recruits that wanted out of Nazi tyranny onto the tank, and sped off, much faster than the Tiger tanks could move and went into the forest away from the mass of men and tanks.
Sharp said "We going down the beach to that town?"
"No, that was to throw the Nazis off."
"What?" Sharp looked astonished.
"Yes. Some of those recruits wanted back into the Nazi ranks, even though they treated them like filth. We make for a french resistance hideout that is ready for this. I was informed by command to do everything i did. Much higher than that Colonel believed. We lose the Nazis in the forest over there, then make for the checkpoints. The village was a distraction so the prisoners would feed the Nazis into a trap up there." He stuck his head out to look at his troops, clinging to the tank.
"Everyone into the tank! You dont want MG fire to kill yah!"
His troops got into the tank, very carefully.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2009, 05:41:12 PM »
Two of Cyrus' men came back to the camp in a jeep, took a cache of thompsons and M1s, and drove off without a word back to the village.

The soldiers arrived back at the village and unloaded the cache in front of the ferret and his own milita. "Oui, this will do nicely Cyrus, now about this ambush... do you expect it to work?" Cyrus nodded. "We had a pack of explosives with us, so we took out the bridge. That was the only way around this place, so when they come through, we're going to have mines set up at every exit point, and then mow down anyone who decides to continue through the village". The ferret laughed to the point where his cigar fell out and into the dirt. "After this fight is over, you owe me a cigar" Cyrus nodded and opened the crates as the Reistance militia quickly grabbed as much as they could carry, and still had some left for re-usage.

In moments they hid the cache again and waited patiently for the Nazi's to tread through the village.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2009, 12:48:44 AM »
There was a low buzz in the air. Spike looked up as he ran. Luftwaffe planes dived down, riddling the ground with bullets. He dived for cover as they made their way back to higher altitude. Spike looked up again as he watched them drop large canisters from open cargo hatches. They hit the ground, exploding into a fireball. The beach around the Americans was being bombarded by incendiary explosives, burning a lot of soldiers alive as they screamed and struggled to put out the flames. Anti air fire boomed as more Americans returned fire to the sky. Spike looked around before spotting Kitt, Daniel, and Seigefreid. He waved his arms to get their attention. "Daniel! Seigefreid! Kit!!!" He yelled over the gunfire. "Over here!"