The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Zensaga  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Random Knowledge

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't worry when I'm strange worry when I'm normal
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Red/White
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Athletic
Zensaga
« on: August 19, 2009, 04:45:49 AM »
Hurray generic sci-fi name.  So I don't like how RPs are working here, to free for whoever is playing, to open allowing them to do whatever they want.  I don't feel like there is enough storyteller involvement anymore.  So what I'm proposing is a storyteller driven plot so that the people that are RP aren't just running through killing everything, they will need to think logically and not just do stuff that looks cool, but stuff that actually makes sense.  Here are the rules,

1) You don't kill people, you'd say, for example, "I let go a barrage of bullets upon the enemies" and then I will PM you saying what happens, and you can continue working in what I PM'd you, however this will only apply to plot driven encounters, if you're just doing random stuff and want to RP by yourself, then you can just do whatever.

2) All the rest of the normal rules, no godmodding and such.  However, one line posts are okay during combat.  This is RP is for people that are on around when this post was posted and for four or more hours after, if you can't be on then, I recommend not being in the story.

STORY

In the years approaching 2050, Earth had become to overpopuleted to support life, and space colonies were the only option, our first target was the moon with colony Luna being the first one, followed by many other colonies.  With the technology proven to work, they continued by putting colonies on Mars, the first being, to follow the trend, Ares, and as with the moon, more colonies sprouted up colonizing the entire planet.
    The colonies were basically encapsulated cities, that were able to survive independently.  Most of the colonies were farming colonies, there to grow crops for the other colonies, though some were basically cities.  They had never fully come up with a way to compensate for the lower gravity on Mars and the Moon, so government run exercise programs are free to the general population, and yearly physicals are required to prevent bone and muscle decay. 
    This is where the story begins, these colonies.

So basically you can either start on Earth or in one of the colonies, I will get you where I need to through storytelling.  I would like everyones first post to describe an average day in the persons life, and I will build from there.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name:
Virtue:
Vice:
Background:

Virtues: Prudence, Justice, Temperance, Fortitude, Faith, Hope, Charity... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_virtues

Vices: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, Pride... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

Pick one of each, and play your character accordingly.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:52:59 AM by Random Knowledge »
Do you have Xbox Live?  Really, I have Xbox Live, friend me, "the Painsaurus" is my name.

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Re: Zensaga
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 11:34:27 AM »
Go on then. I'll try my hand at Rp'ing once more

Name: Scott 'Snowy' Walker
Species: Albino Maine Coon
Job: Delivery Boy
Description: Scott likes to think of himself as a typical run-of-the-mill character, with Baggy Jeans, a loose fitting white t-shirt, and some chains latched onto the jeans. With some white Etnies. He has bright blue eyes and snow white fur.
Virtue: Justice
Vice: Wrath
Background: He Likes to think of himself as typical and ordinary. But he isn't. Content with his job, he barely makes enough for a living. He doesn't really have any direction in life even though he went to university and got a degree in Medical science. Coming from a rich family, he wanted to cut all ties with them when he became of age. Moving country and starting again. He had brief stint in the Armed forces, but was discharged after a routine patrol went horribly wrong. He tries to forget that and puts on a cheery façade.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:34:05 PM by Snowy™ »

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:52 AM »
Name: Spike Daniels
Species: Arctic Fox
Job: Lawyer
Description: Snappy dresser and acts very classy. He has white fur and gold eyes.
Virtue: Justice
Vice: Pride
Background: Spike grew up with a very poor childhood. Neglected as a boy, Spike swore he would never have anyone he knew go through what he had as a child. He studied the martial arts to build confidence and discipline. He worked hard and became a lawyer to seek justice to those who were victimized and takes a lot of pride in his work...a little too much to care about anything else.

Offline Random Knowledge

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Don't worry when I'm strange worry when I'm normal
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Red/White
  • Height: 5'5"
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:34:53 PM »
You're both accepted, go ahead and post intros
Do you have Xbox Live?  Really, I have Xbox Live, friend me, "the Painsaurus" is my name.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:48 AM »
what happens now?

Offline Artemis

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure Wolf
  • Coloring: credit to wallace on deviantart for this nifty avi
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: is almost 200lb
  • Build: Pretty masculine
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 02:16:43 AM »
Name:  Crelye "Artemis" Darkmoon
Species:  Eastern Timber Wolf
Job: Librarian
Description:  Dressing in what would be considered "Casual Friday Attire" every day suits him well.  Almost all of him is red fur, except his muzzle, which is white.  Has Hazel Eyes, and a scar on his hand as a result of a cruel prank from his childhood.
Virtue:   Humility
Vice:  Lust
Background: As a child, the only thing that really interested Crelye was knowledge.  And he gained that knowledge through books.  He was often made fun of as a child, and the few friends he did have generally left him alone, unless they wished to tell a joke, or needed something from him.  If Crelye didn't know the information they needed, he would work endlessly until he had an answer.  Today, he is a successful Librarian so familiar with his workplace he could answer a person's question about a book's location before they even finished the question...  Well most of the time he could.
The kind of people who take the lead, are the ones who die most famously.
Those who follow, die in peace.
Which one would you prefer?