The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Commission  (Read 26690 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: The Commission
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
*he shook paws with the others, seemingly unimpressed by the host of weaponry* buisiness is buisiness mine comrade, seeing as you be paying so handsomly... i get you the dirt you need... and if you aint pleased, you go keep the other £250, in fact. You dont like what i have? i give you back the first 250 as well... but you WILL get somthing, other than that... another day in the life of a dock-hand... i hope all goes well for you too. My shift starts in round a 'quart of an hour, i will see what Kistrev can get for you eh'? The docks is where you can hear everything.... *a large spary of sea mist and salt water splashed across the pier near to the group, catching Kistrev across the back where it rolled down in lazy rivulets of shining water* and it looks like a bit of a storm be picking up here, if i where you i would get off the piers, its hell when this spray picks up...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
Spike was sprayed with another freezing mist of seawater. He took off his soaked hat and twisted the water out of it. "You aren't kidding when you say that, sonny." Spike said. He placed his hat back on his head. "What's your plan for getting over to the compound on Saturday?" Paul asked, holding his hat down on his head, fearing it would be blow off by the strong winds.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2009, 04:32:26 PM »
waterproof is the way to go *he motioned to his waxed jacket that was shedding the water like tears rolling down a cheek* and as for getting to the compound, by saturday i should have transport.. i mean... unless you want me to come to you by quieter means... i know the way by road...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2009, 04:40:05 PM »
Spike was now getting frustrated by the water and wind. "That doesn't matter. Just get yer assover to the compound on Saturday. I'll be waiting in my office on the second floor of the main building. But if anyone's trying to make your job difficult just give me a call and I'll take care of it." Spike reached into his overcoat pocket and pulled out a small damp and sagging bussiness card before handing it over to Kristev. "Paul will be over in no time to give him a good tuning." Paul's face turned to a sinister grin. Spike checked his watch. "It's almost 10. We'll be seeing you later, son." Spike turned to leave with his goons. Paul and Callum followed Spike off the pier and back to the car.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 04:44:01 PM »
*Kistrev peered at the soggy buisiness card before shoving it into his waterproff pocket..* yeah sure, i get there all right... *he looked down at his watch* well yeah, my shift starts soon... guess i better get going too.. *he watched them leave before turning to climb the ladder to the higher pier... he was to be working with unloading a cargo ship, which meant big buisiness and no excuse for being late.. climbing the rusted, once painted black rungs of the ladder the spray pattered off his cap and down his jacket*

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »
Spike sat in the car with the rest of the guys, drying off with what they had. "Waddya think of him?" Spike asked. Callum sat next to Spike in the passenger seat. "I dunno yet, boss, he doesn't quite convince me yet." Spike lit up a cigar. "What makes you say that?" Paul stopped what he was doing in the backseat of Spike's car to listen to what Callum had to say, Spike was silent. "...Well I just think that I should do a background to be sure." Callum replied, hoping it would suffice as an appropriate answer. Spike stared at Callum, the cigar grinding between his jaws. "Yeah...That would be a good idea." Spike stopped staring to start the engine and pull away. Callum gave a quiet sigh of relief.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 05:25:51 PM »
"KISTREV YOU MOGGY! get over here! we got the special shipment coming in soon! weve only got a few hours before... others get here to investigate the cargo, and we need to get what we need off before then! *Kistrev broke into a sliding, splashing run he made his way towards one of the dock officers waiting.. he was dwarfed however by the immense steel cargo ship that was slowly making its way in behind him... its massive steel flanks, cascading water from the spray and waves... as he stopped beside the officer who he now recognised as James, and old friend of his, james turned to him* ya know it was a ship like this that you came across on... ya was a lil kitten back then ya was... look at ya now eh? all growned up eh Kitt? *this had always been james' name for Kistrev*

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »
Wednesday, July 7, 1946  11:44pm

Spike parked inside the compund. Paul and Callum got out and walked inside. "You coming in later for poker, boss?" Paul shouted back. "Not tonight fellas, I got some business to take care of." Spike replied. Callum and Paul shrugged and walked inside. "Your loss." Callum said. Spike lit up another cigar before he head out to the back behind the compound to the cellar doors. He knocked twice to have Frankie swing them open and look at Spike. "Spike! You came! Come in, come in, I have something I think you'll like." Spike walked down the cement staircase, through the numerous crates and barrels of wine and weapons. He followed Frank to one of the wooden doors which had a small whimpering sound coming from the inside. Before Frank could open the door, he looked at Spike's clothes. "Boss, where you been? You look awful." SPike looked at Frank, unamused. "I feel awful. Let's get this over with." Frankie opened the door to the small room inside. A human sat tied to a chair in the center of the room, bloody and beaten.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2009, 08:13:59 PM »
the large crate slid down onto the pier with a crash.... Kistrev peered inside seeing the many frightened eyes of immigrants... just the same way he had come.... James pulled him back, "this lot are for the Romano Don.... and if you still value your life Kitt you aint gonna ask me no more about eh?" Kistrev pulled back and turned away ready to help unload the next crate load of "goods"

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2009, 09:05:00 PM »
"I told you I don't know anything!" The cop in the chair pleaded. "I've only been on the force 8 months! The Marino's don't tell me anything!!! Don't torture me!" Spike took off his jacket, hat, and dress shirt as not to get them dirty. He tossed them aside on a crate in the corner. "Well, to be honest with you, I don't care whethere you know anything or not, I'm gonna torture you anyway...because I hate cops...and I hate the Marino's as much as I hate cops." Spike pulled out a razor blade from his pocket, giving himself a shave below the whiskers. "He flicked on the radio and listened to the tunes. "Let's dance." Spike hopped on the lap of the cop and began to cut off his ear. Bloodcurling screams filled the room. "Hold still!" Spike yelled back. Spike got up and looked at the ear in his hand. He talked into it like a radio. "Hey, can you here me?" Spike laughed, tossing it aside and wiping his hands on the officer's uniform. The cop begged and pleaded. Spike watched at the cop squimed in the chair. "...Don't go anywhere...I'll be right back." Spike chuckled before he left the room. Frankie stood outside the room having a smoke. "Did he crack?" He asked. "No." Spike replied, grabbing a gasoline can from the shelf. "Oh..." Frankie said as Spike walked back in the room, the radio still playing. He began to spray the cop with gas and pour all around the chair, tossing the can aside once it was empty. "DONT BURN ME PLEASE!!!" The officer cried. Spike pulled out his Zippo lighter and flicked it open. "You done?" Spike asked. "I don't know ANYTHING!" The cop yelled again. Spike paused, disappointed. "Didn't think so." He tossed the lighter, the human burst into flames, screaming. Spike watched as he burned. The flames reflecting in his blue eyes.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2009, 10:25:11 PM »
Kistrev watched as the trucks pulled out of the docks.. loaded with crates the three large, fume belching lorries made theyre way round the corner... "well thats it for tonight, you lads can all scat and go back home" james started ushering workers off the docks, he seemed worried... Kistrev walked up to him which only seemed to up his tension another notch... "NO, kitt... you get off these piers now... they aint safe... i mean... its late... and u wanna sleep lad.." Kistrev looked him in the face before shrugging and walking down the pier, just as James lost sight of him he walked behind a large crate a peered over the top... a small group of Romano dock officers where huddled round a large crate on one pier... even as he watched several police vehicles skidded onto the dockside, police jumped from the doors and pulled pistols from jackets

"FREEZE!" the voice of a human officer rang clear throught the night....

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2009, 10:35:41 PM »
Spike walked out of the room, wiping the blood off his paws and fur. Frankie pressed out his cigarette ans stood up. "You finished?" Frank asked. "Yeah...I'm done." Spike replied. "Did he talk? Know anything?" Frank asked opening the door to the charred body. Spike paused and turned around to face him. "...No." He replied before continuing on his way. Frank looked down and walked into the room, meat cleaver in hand. Spike walked outside the cellar doors, lighting a cigarette, looking down at his bloody tank top and suspenders. He was a mess, covered in drying blood and salt water. He took his second drag from his cigarette before discarding the cigarette in the puddle beside him.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 08:33:54 PM »
The group of officers split and ran, the stunned shock of each of the Marino policemens face was visible in the stark bright light of the dock lights... the crate's side fell down to reveal a mass of wires and sinister red tubes....

"oh god.... its a bomb"

The explosion wracked the pier as the first set of explosives went off, a second explosion blew out a hole in the hull of the ship, a third lit the cargo hold with flickering fire as debris rained down. The police cars where hurled like toys into the dock, police scattered like little puppets with theyre strings cut loose. Flames rained down on the scene of carnage as the ships fuel ignited, hurling great tongues of flame into the night sky....

Kistrev ducked as the first bomb went off, the shockwave struck with the force of a hammer blow, sending him sprawling into the wall of dock buildings as darkness swept in across his vision, his ears ringing...

Offline JellyMuffins

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowshoe Hare (Bunny)
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 01:37:29 PM »
Jay arrived in New York that morning. After briefly checking out the apartment that the bureau had provided, he made his way to the nearest police precinct. He’d heard there was another FBI agent stationed in this part of the city, a German shepherd by the name of Callum. He shakes his head at the thought, with mob activity often flowing out onto the streets; it was a wonder that this ‘Commission’ hadn’t been torn down by now with the FBI already on the scene. Then again, that was why he was sent to New York: to finally put an end to the infamous Commission.

Arriving at the station he arranged a formal meeting with Callum through one of the police secretaries, scheduled for the next day, before checking out his new office. Jay mostly worked from home, or at least, whatever the FBI designated as his home on each assignment; but it was always good to have a place from which he could quickly organise the local police. Unfortunately, it was hard to get anything done with the police scurrying all over the place – there had been an explosion on the docks, killing several officers. It’s even harder when the veteran cops (who have been incompetent with making any leads on the Commission) didn’t take him seriously because of his young age and even younger-looking face.

So the first thing he did was grab whatever files the precinct had on the head mobsters (Bosses, under-bosses… etc.) and take them back to his apartment. There, he spread them on the floor, reading through each file, making occasional notes and familiarising himself with the entire New York mafia scene. In the course of his initial investigation, he came across a particularly interesting file; an under-boss of the Lombardi family – Spike Gambino.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
Thursday, July 8, 1946  9:23am

The bags hung from under Spike's eyes as he sat at the usual table in Nancy's cafe. The coffee was good, so were the flapjacks and bacon. He was dressed for work in his usual pinstripe uniform, sipping the black coffee from the porceline mug. He had the Times spread out across the table like the rug in his bedroom at home, scanning the headlines. "Explosion on the Jersey Piers." Spike lifted the paper off the table to take a better look at the article. "17 dead, another 10 injured as a bomb went off on the pier earlier last night." Spike immediately took out his notebook and began taking notes of the event. He threw down some change on the table before he gathered his things, placing his hat on his head, he rushed out the door and across the street to the phone booth. He slipped in a quarter and quickly dialed a number he knew by heart. The phone rang and rang. "Callum, it's Spike. We need to have a meeting. The compound, 20 minutes."