The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I hate them so much!  (Read 7928 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Re: I hate them so much!
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 05:55:06 PM »
if they were in it for the music or the fans, I wouldn't care, but now i have to see their stuff everywhere......

Jonas # 1: Don't we suck at Music Jonas #s 2 an 3?
Jonas # 2: Indeed # 1 we suck badly
Jonas # 3: but it doesnt matter because we makes lots of cash in merchandising so our bad music will keep playing
AND SOON WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE YOUNG MINDS OF AMERICA WITH BAD MUSIC@

I can see it now 'Jonas Brothers Toothpaste, to sing like them!'
'Jonas Brothers Flashlights to play their music.. IN THE DARK!'
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 05:56:39 PM by Gabag »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:27 PM »
I just think it's funny that some people think they know the Jonas Brothers think. Just saying. :P

But I can understand where people come from when they say they're overhyped, because they are. Plenty of musicians are though, not just them...just like they play new songs on the radio way too many times so people get tired of them.
I will admit that I like a few of their songs (one is from before they were overhyped, actually), but I'm definitely not obsessed with them like many (mostly little) girls are.
I also don't think any of them are particularly good looking. But, then again, different people have different tastes.
Alright, I think that's all I've got to say on the matter.
If me saying these things has annoyed any of you or anything, I do apologize. It's just my opinion (like we all have) and I felt like standing up for them a little bit, because everyone deserves to be defended really, lol. But as I said, I do agree that they are overhyped, I just don't hate them.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Uncertainty

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena
  • Height: 6'4
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: skinny
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »
We live in an age where the band that becomes the most popular is the band whose record label spends the most on them. Big record labels know exactly when and where to place their money to create a hit musician. Which is one of the biggest flaws with the whole structure of the record industry.

If you don't believe me, think about this. Only one music artist has ever gotten a number 1 hit while unsigned (Lisa Loeb, if you're curious.) And because they invest money in an artist, they hire uptight producers to sit across the room and go "Yeah.... Can you make that more 'Radio-friendly'?" Therefore, pop all tries to sound like Britney Spears (or some washed-up boy band from the 90's, like the New Kids on the Block's OBVIOUS for-money reunion), all the rock tries to sound like Nirvana, all the country has tried to sound like Reba McEntire (but, as of recently, all the country tries to sound like Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift), all the rap tries to sound like..... well, rap.  :/

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »
hey hey hey, Let's not go assuming that the music industry is in a droubt of difference. Pop perhaps is rather samey, but that's why pop is pop. Only one style can really be the most popular style, hence why it is called pop.

Hip Hop has loads of varieties in the charts with people like Kanye West, Eminem, Timberland, all very different, all very successful.

I would agree about the rock, it is kinda going in circles around the same drain, but then you still have the different types (none that I like, since i prefer proper old punk), types like poprock, indie, metal, and they generally break high into the charts.

add to that the all unique ones, like Gorillaz (who's mission is to bring music that the mainstream dont tend to hear much), Fleet Foxes (did rather well in britain), Amy Winehouse.
Modern british music seems to be pulling into the 80s which is a nice change from the 90s but is hardly the mega change I want in the music industry...

to be fair it's not the best decade of music so far. Personally I think the 70s was the cultural decade of the last century. But today is far from apocalyptic
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Uncertainty

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:23 AM »
I never said it was apocalyptic. I think a more appropriate phrasing would be that the modern music industry has had a "Dark Age". And I say that very lightly, cause as long as you brush off the surface, you can find good, new music. At the same time, I feel like this decade is going to be remembered as a very.... dry decade, musically. A couple of memorable gems shone through, but for the most part, everyone grew to hate them because the radio abused it once it became popular ("Hey There, Delilah" by Plain White Tees. I can't meet a single person who still listens to it).

I am not a big fan of Hip Hop. It simply doesn't appeal to me. I have somewhat isolated tastes.

My sister made the argument once that once an Indie band is on the charts, they're no longer indie, because it's an explicit contradiction. I can't say I know how I feel about that argument myself, though, cause it neglects to mention that indie is a musical style, and not just a label. Metal does hit the charts, but it's all Nu-Metal, but americans are slowly catching on to the Symphonic metal, like Lacuna Coil, and Within Temptation (and their own Post-Grunge variation of Symphonic Metal, in bands like Evanescence and Flyleaf).

I do understand that there are unique artists, however, they only stay in the spotlight for a short time. I can't say I remember the last time I heard about the Gorillaz, and Amy Winehouse is (rather unfairly) the target of too many jokes for anyone else to take her seriously. (And I actually liked early 90's British alternative. Shoegazing, and such. Makes amazing winter music.)

And I can't say I think one decade was the "best". However, the 90's weren't that bad. They had good Grunge bands like L7, and the 90's were the best decade for gender-equality punk (Riot Grrl, Queercore, and the such). And, of course, the Shoegazing I mentioned earlier.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
  • I've loved you for a thousand years ♥
    • Myspace
    • Awards
  • Species: Doberman
  • Coloring: Black, Rust Brown, Chartreuse
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 125lbs.
  • Build: Curvy but thin with muscle
  • Currently: Running around in circles
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 01:40:03 AM »
Alright... so lets get this right...

Some people think that the Jonas brothers aren't that bad and shouldn't be criticized and some of us think that they aren't so great.

To me they come off nice but still a bit showy. I mean yea they are really nice people but their music isn't that great. I mean come on... you're going to tell me that If they weren't attractive people would still like them?

Come on lets be real. If the Jonas boys weren't good looking or whatever... they wouldn't be famous.
I just may have to say that all they really have going for them is looks.
Animals are my passion and my career!!

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • YouTube (TheNepEcChannel)
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Red and black, white
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 250lbs.
  • Build: Towering, average build
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 01:45:02 AM »
That's why I listen to alot of different music, so that no matter the age, it's still all new to me and I like it.

I had recently learned about this... Well, I can't spot-on say what the genre is. It's like a soft metal or something. But it's a band called Cynic, and I've been listening to them lately, and as it turns out they made the album (First of two) in the 90's. I was like WOAH. It kind of sparked an idea. I can still have something new to listen to, without it being new.

Magically enough, I bought Lacuna Coil's Karmacode album from a record store, and haven't had it leave my stereo in my car. And as for Within Temptation, I've worked backwards with them, listening to The Heart of Everything, then finally after awhile found The Silent Force, and am about to pick up Mother Earth.... I think that's the one. But I've done this with so many other artists. So I've never had a "dull" age in music myself, and I don't watch the Billboard 200 for artists, I just kind of do a bit of research and wa-bam, it's up on my iTunes.

And recalling before, I listen to alot of different music, but not within the same genre. Example, the latest music that's hit my iPod are Basshunter (Club/Rave, whatever), Cynic (Whatever), Ayreon (Electric Rock), Between The Buried and Me (Technical Death Metal), Crystal Castles (Techno-Bop), Exit Ten (ALternative Metal), earlier album by In This Moment (-core of some kind), and later In This Moment (Alternative Metal.) That's just to list a few. And I'm starting to get into some Hip-Hop as well. But I dare not touch the hardcore rap, I can't find music in that. :/

This isn't really to prove any of you wrong, it's just saying I personally have been very neutral in whatever plunge we've taken in the music industry. There's always room for new kinds of music if you think about it. ;)

As to stay on topic, The Jonas Brothers turned my sister into a zombie. No joke.  :o
This shall pass... Megalomania... Congratulations on mutilation for life.

UPDATE: Almost done with the mask!! Furred it all but the eye area, just gotta get to that and details like the nose and teeth. Now writing for new album!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:05 AM »
I do understand that there are unique artists, however, they only stay in the spotlight for a short time. I can't say I remember the last time I heard about the Gorillaz

Gorillaz have been around for a number of years and the only reason they have been off the radar is because they're taking ages putting together their third (and final) album. Apparently it's being made in Syria to adopt Arab musical styles and it's the final one because i think they're just moving on to different stuff. Damon Albarn himself made a new band in the mean time: The Good, The Bad, and The Queen. They have the greatest drummer in the world (or so many musicians say).

To me they come off nice but still a bit showy. I mean yea they are really nice people but their music isn't that great. I mean come on... you're going to tell me that If they weren't attractive people would still like them?
I mean yeah, it's not like they're the spice girls or anything :P
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 01:49:01 AM »
Love lacuna coil, along with evanescence and fly leaf. They just bring a whole new sound to the table. And I think that a lot of other bands that have new sounds are also doing a great job. But the Jonas brothers are pop rock... and I agree... It turns girls into zombies. My one friend has Jonas fever as I like to call it. She claims that she's going to marry one of them and all this other stuff... I mean she has it all planned out!

It's a tad extreme if you ask me.

And yea they aren't, I mean the spice girls had everything going for them... They sang well and were attractive. but the boys... they just have attraction to say the least.

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 01:52:44 AM »
Yeah, true, haha. I would like to note that even back in the day guys weren't losers for knowing Spice Girls songs. :P

UPDATE: Almost done with the mask!! Furred it all but the eye area, just gotta get to that and details like the nose and teeth. Now writing for new album!

Offline Uncertainty

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 01:53:03 AM »
You just about have to be good-looking to succeed in the music industry as it is currently set up. I mean, I can't think of the last major musician who was even over-weight. (Except Beth Ditto of The Gossips, but they don't have much of a following here in America).

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 02:00:47 AM »
Well look at Adele. She has an amazing voice and she's not super thin. Neither is some rap and R&B singers.

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 02:02:50 AM »
Nutorius B.I.G. Except I think he's dead.  :?

I never listened to him, but I've seen him and heard of his reception.

Offline Shenzii

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Myspace
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 02:04:22 AM »
He has some good hits.. and no doubt that he will be remembered!

and yes.. he's dad... such a tragedy really.

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 02:05:25 AM »
Oh, okay, I thought so. But that wasn't tightly recent as I can recall, so it doesn't really prove the point in the "good looks = good music" hypothesis, haha.