The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What to say to non-furries  (Read 785 times)

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • YouTube (TheNepEcChannel)
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Red and black, white
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 250lbs.
  • Build: Towering, average build
Re: What to say to non-furries
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
I'd say I look and act NOTHING like the normal furry, with a definite undertone involving nothing around yiff or anything. I really am one merely for the equality and understanding basically everyone attributes to in the fandom. I also love hugs. :P

I'm slowly breaking it into my friend I'm one, but indirectly. He'll take it I'm a yiffer if I do, so I'm just filling him in on my fursuit construction progress. Actually, he plans to make one too which is pretty cool. We're going to associate in fundraisers and charity event with them... Starting with the Crop Walk in October. (Although deadlines DO get me nervous, I want to at least get a partial done for it.)
This shall pass... Megalomania... Congratulations on mutilation for life.

UPDATE: Almost done with the mask!! Furred it all but the eye area, just gotta get to that and details like the nose and teeth. Now writing for new album!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 05:24:37 AM »
I could probably tell my parents...since they have no idea what furries are (I don't want them researching the false scam of what people say the fandom is >:( ) My parents said I could do anything I wanted as long as I didn't get a girl pregnant or drop out of school XD anything else, they look the other way. Would I buy a fursuit? Sure...but it's that or a Chevrolet Avalanche so...

Offline Scautty

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Echelon - This Is War
    • YouTube (TheNepEcChannel)
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Red and black, white
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 250lbs.
  • Build: Towering, average build
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 11:19:41 AM »
Haha, a car or a fursuit? Of course I would choose car, even though the price isn't even comparable. If it were anything else I'd buy a laptop, haha.

But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. The only thing that bugs me is they're so uptight about me being gay (Which I'm not, I'm not sure what sparked such an idea,) that I don't know if they'll even be comfortable with something they've never heard of.

And I DO NOT want the internet to tell them, like you said. They'll just think "Costumes. Sex. No." XD
This shall pass... Megalomania... Congratulations on mutilation for life.

UPDATE: Almost done with the mask!! Furred it all but the eye area, just gotta get to that and details like the nose and teeth. Now writing for new album!